Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Outside my vote for Nightwing, I always wished they'd tried to push a friendship with GA after what they did in Smallville. Maybe they wouldn't have succeeded in capturing that young Clark and Ollie friendship like the show did, but I always wished they'd tried.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Outside my vote for Nightwing, I always wished they'd tried to push a friendship with GA after what they did in Smallville. Maybe they wouldn't have succeeded in capturing that young Clark and Ollie friendship like the show did, but I always wished they'd tried.
    Usually I dislike Ollie intensely, and Smallville Ollie was basically Batman Lite. Would’ve been interested to see New 52 Supes and Ollie interact more though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Usually I dislike Ollie intensely, and Smallville Ollie was basically Batman Lite. Would’ve been interested to see New 52 Supes and Ollie interact more though.
    Is it because of how he treated Roy? Dinah? Prefer Connor? Too much of an opinionated windbag ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is it because of how he treated Roy? Dinah? Prefer Connor? Too much of an opinionated windbag ?
    He’s a hypocritical piece of crap. Being a limousine leftist just tends to irritate me, I have a family member who is one of those and our relationship isn’t good so it’s sort of personal lol. That despite his moralizing he tends to be such a toxic person as you point out just makes it worse. Enjoyed the Rebirth Percy GA run a lot though so I can enjoy him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

[B]Usually I dislike Ollie intensely,[/B] and Smallville Ollie was basically Batman Lite. Would’ve been interested to see New 52 Supes and Ollie interact more though.
    Im with you. He may be one of my least favorite of the JL members and DC characters as a whole. I havnt read too many stories I liked him in.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

He’s a hypocritical piece of crap. Being a limousine leftist just tends to irritate me, I have a family member who is one of those and our relationship isn’t good so it’s sort of personal lol. That despite his moralizing he tends to be such a toxic person as you point out just makes it worse. Enjoyed the Rebirth Percy GA run a lot though so I can enjoy him.
    I understand. To me he's a lot of bluster and very flawed but his heart is in the right place and he tries to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I enjoyed seeing Supes interact with younger heroes who look up to him. I liked seeing him work with Starman, Firestorm, and the extended families of other Trinity members. I also liked seeing him work grudgingly with his foes as during the lead up to Our Worlds At War. Lastly I always enjoy seeing him interact with the Fourth World characters
    In agreement with you about Supes interacting with the younger generation, especially OG Firestorm (a personal fave, I might add):

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm also a fan of this newer dynamic between Clark and Hal, where Hal wants to be buddies and Clark's not really feeling it. It pokes fun at both of them and, I think, feels authentic. Hal's a nice guy but is a little too....loud....for Clark, and Clark blowing Hal off is a rare instance of DC letting Clark's character flaws and quirks show without turning it into a huge problem.
    Probably not too popular, but I enjoyed Gaiman's take on the Kent/Jordan friendship (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Im with you. He may be one of my least favorite of the JL members and DC characters as a whole. I havnt read too many stories I liked him in.
    I felt that way for a while. I still love and prefer Connor but the DCAU series really warmed me to Ollie.

Retired

I ruled out Dick Grayson (Robin/Nightwing/Batman II) from consideration--along with others like Ambush Bug and the Legion of Super-Heroes--because he was teamed with Superman so often, he was a member of the extended family.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Dick Grayson
    - He welcomes Clark's Help and at the end of a Team-Up he said something along the lines of, "Bruce told me Superman can't be fully trusted because he's an alien, but Clark is the best 'human being' I met."
    I ruled out Dick Grayson (Robin/Nightwing/Batman II) from consideration--along with others like Ambush Bug and the Legion of Super-Heroes--because he was teamed with Superman so often, he was a member of the extended family.
    Me too, Jim Kelly. But I have nothing against those who'd like to include him, though.

Lightbulb

I feel Wonder Woman of the two options listed in the thread title is the better team-up partner for Superman. Unfortunately, Batman tends to overshadow Superman at best nerf him at worst.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Definitely Hal

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Probably not too popular, but I enjoyed Gaiman's take on the Kent/Jordan friendship (XD)
    I have no issue with Hal and Clark getting along. They have plenty in common, really, especially the versions of Clark that are more in touch with his sense of humor, wanderlust, and love for adventure.

I just find their dynamic a lot more fun when it's handled the other way. It's easy to find people who Clark gets along with and likes, but a lot harder to find people who just seem to rub him the wrong way (who aren't also villains or criminals of some kind).

And I'm pretty sure mine is the unpopular opinion here, I'm sure more people would agree with you and want those two to get along really well, than agree with me.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too, Jim Kelly. But I have nothing against those who'd like to include him, though.

^^^Yes!
    Supes/Dick have a great dynamic. I’m surprised no one's ever pitched a limited series w. the pair.

For me, and it’s a dark horse I know, but The Challengers of The Unknown.

Supes teaming w. a bunch of ordinary ppl makes for a great dynamic.