Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Saga (Brian K Vaughan & Fiona Staples) returns January 2022

Figured this announcement deserved its own thread given the series' popularity.
    Saga is continuing in January with issue 55, as per this article.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR.com
    Image Comics is pleased to announce the return of multiple award winning, bestselling series Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples to shelves. The long anticipated Saga #55 issue will kick off a new story arc and land in stores on Wednesday, January 26 from Image Comics.

“Other than my own family, collaborating with Fiona Staples on Saga is the most important thing in my life, so I can’t thank readers and retailers enough for their patience,” said Vaughan. “I think our next 54 issues will be even more shocking, strange, and spectacular than the first 54, so we can’t wait to be back on the shelves at your local comic shop soon.”

Staples added: “I've really missed connecting with readers through the pages of Saga, so I'm thrilled to roll up my sleeves and dive into this world again. The next arc is already going places I never imagined. I'm so grateful that we're able to keep doing this!"

At long last, Hazel and her star-crossed family are finally back! But where the hell have they been? As thanks for fans’ endless patience, the Saga team is proud to return with a double-length issue—44 pages of story for the regular $2.99 price point—without variant covers or gimmicky renumbering. Just more pulse-pounding adventure, heart-wrenching character drama, and gloriously graphic sex and violence, as Saga begins the second half of the series and the most epic chapter yet.

“Saga launched at Image during the company’s 20th anniversary in 2012, so it seems more than fitting that the series is returning to shops just in time for our 30th anniversary next year,” said Eric Stephenson, Chief Creative Officer and Publisher at Image Comics. “I can think of few better ways to celebrate what Image is all about than by welcoming back one of the most incredible storytelling teams in comics history as they embark on the second half of a true epic-in-the-making.”
    Are you excited to see the story continue after 3 years? I think I'll start a re-read, as I've definitely forgotten a lot of what happened.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

I am so happy about this. I was holding out hope that a return would be announced at the NYCC panel but to have it actually happen is another thing entirely. I just reread the entire series just last week and as soon as I heard the news I started a pull list at my local comic store.

Incredible Member

****. Yes!

It's about time!

Astonishing Member

After 10 Months hiatus I re read the entire series, because I wanted to get the whole picture when it continues.

Lol.

I have to do that again

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Damn Skippy and yes, Indeedy! I'm over the moon happy about this news.
    I've already taken my Saga 1-54 issues out of storage to re-read them throughout December.
    Can't Wait!!!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Damn Skippy and yes, Indeedy! I'm over the moon happy about this news.
    I've already taken my Saga 1-54 issues out of storage to re-read them throughout December.
    Can't Wait!!!
    I recently picked up the compendium and I am going to reread them as well.

I hope we get on schedule monthlys with no delays

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

I started out reading Saga monthly when it was initially released, but had switched to trades by the third arc and remain a trade reader for this. I read the first arc as it came out and then rebought and reread it as a trade. I preferred the trade reading experience. The second arc I bought as it came out but waited to read until the entire arc was out as I had preferred reading it in chunks. The second trade was then out and I figured if I was going to wait to read it, I could wait for the trade. Somewhere in the the third arc I stopped buying singles and have only bought the trades since. I'll continue that with the return form hiatus. When the first new arc is released in trade, I'll pick up the trade, so any delays in individual issues will really not impact my reading experience, just add to the time until I get the trades, but at this point, that doesn't really phase me.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

They were pretty much always on schedule prior to the long hiatus. They kind of perfected the strategy of consistently releasing an arc monthly and then having a planned small break with the trade released during the break. I assume they'll do the same with the return.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    They were pretty much always on schedule prior to the long hiatus. They kind of perfected the strategy of consistently releasing an arc monthly and then having a planned small break with the trade released during the break. I assume they'll do the same with the return.
    Cool thanks for the info!

I only got into this series after the hiatus, so I am looking forward to reading this monthly

I love this book but will wait until the series ends before re-reading. Little too slow in publication for my taste. Amazing book though.

BANNED

Maybe the best news the world has had in the last 30 odd years.

Extraordinary Member

Interview + Look at the first page of #55: Saga creators preview their long-awaited return

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So SO GOOD!!!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Yeah, judging from the 2 issues so far, they haven't missed a step in 3 years. #55 was a little slow, as they needed to set up the new status quo, but it was still lovely. #56 rocked, with a jawdropper of a close that shows Saga still doesn't compromise. So glad we're only halfway through the saga.