Super Moderator

Default Pipeline - Aug 26, 2014

Augie fires up his Wayback Machine to revisit the '80s "Rocket Raccon" miniseries and the underappreciated "Batgirl" mini from 2003.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Shame most of the Rocket Raccoon review is wasted on bemoaning antiquated printing conventions. That particular speedbump to enjoying the comic could have been covered in once sentence of this review. After-all, when reading a comic from nearly 30 years ago, it's pretty obvious that it won't feature modern production values.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Actually, the Rocket Raccoon limited series has been reprinted a couple of other times as well. In 2007 it was reprinted in the Annihilation Classic collection, along with the origins of other cosmic characters like Nova and Quasar, and more recently in the Rocket Raccoon and Groot collection and, over in the UK, it's part of Panini's Marvel Platinum: The Definitive Guardians of the Galaxy, printed on glossy paper, alongside Annihilation Conquest and some #1's.

Amazing Member

I loved that Rocket Racoon mini... a lot more than the new series, I am afraid. It has been kind of disappointing thus far.

Amazing Member

I bought the Rocket Raccoon limited series back in the day and unloaded it with alot of other limiteds from the early to late 80's (Secret Wars I & II, Cloak and Dagger, Longshot, Falcon, Vision and Scarlet Witch...). I've re-acquired alot of those but the Rocket one is a little too expensive right now.

Batgirl: Year One was great. Marcos Martin does no wrong.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

MarcSpector

Augie, there is a very recent edition of this mini: Rocket Raccoon Tales From Half-World, published as an one-shot from october 2013. Funny, I´ve just finished reading it! It´s not exactly my cup´o tea but Mignola´s art is really nice and Mantlo´s crazy ideas are refreshing from nowadays standarts... thanks to a higher print quality, the colors and inks are nice too (btw, Al Gordon and Al Milgron are credited as finishers).