Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    Hi guys

Doomsday Clock is one of my favorite stories from DC Comics, the dialogue was great, the art was amazing, it brought back the pre-New 52 continuity, and it was praised by critics.
    Unless I missed something it didn't bring back the pre-New 52 continuity. As I understand it, we're still following the New 52 continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Unless I missed something it didn't bring back the pre-New 52 continuity. As I understand it, we're still following the New 52 continuity.
    All that happened was that it was revealed that Dr Manhattan was in fact responsible for the Flashpoint revision.

Of course loads of us knew that way way in advance.

But for causal casual readers this is a big shock. And apparently to some on this forum, new52 deniers, for lack of a better word thought new52 was wiped away at the Rebirth/Reborn fusion.

Of course new52 is the timeline all modern books are born from. Manhattan is responsible for this.

These guys explain it more or less as I have
    https://www.cbr.com/superboy-prime-k...secrets/tldr/1

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    All that happened was that it was revealed that Dr Manhattan was in fact responsible for the Flashpoint revision.

But for causal casual readers this is a big shock. And apparently to some on this forum, new52 deniers, for lack of a better word thought new52 was wiped away at the Rebirth/Reborn fusion.

Of course new52 is the timeline all modern books are born from. Manhattan is responsible for this.

Do these New 52 deniers also believe that the Earth is flat?

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post

Really? I feel like the current DCU is more of a Post Crisis/Pre Flashpoint universe mixed with some stuff from the New52. At least from the books I have read. Flash, Infinite Frontier. Heck, even in Death Metal and other books it seems like the DCU resembles more the pre Flashpoint universe than the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Really? I feel like the current DCU is more of a Post Crisis/Pre Flashpoint universe mixed with some stuff from the New52. At least from the books I have read. Flash, Infinite Frontier. Heck, even in Death Metal and other books it seems like the DCU resembles more the pre Flashpoint universe than the New 52.
    It looks like the pre-New 52 DCU, but it is technically still the New 52 timeline.

It looks like the pre-New 52 DCU, but it is technically still the New 52 timeline.
    I think it's a random mix of everything that nobody is willing to define one way or another at present.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think it's a random mix of everything that nobody is willing to define one way or another at present.
    I agree with this. There have been so many reality and continuity shifting events going on lately that it's tough to see if anything has settled at all.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Iunno, I don't really think so. it reads very much like the post-Flashpoint universe, just with more pre-Flashpoint things filling some of the gaps. aside from some characters coming back into the fold, most of the characters that have been around still feel like they're following the threads they've been on in the post-Flashpoint continuity. I feel like we saw a similar thing with DC Rebirth, people kinda wanting believe it pre-Flashpoint because some of the old stuff have been integrated even though there's no real reason to.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Well obviously no one really knows, but the way I interpret "everything happened" is that the stories happened in the chronological order. So the most recent status quo foundation is the New 52 but with everything that happened before it now counting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I think yours missing the point of what I've actually said and others have explained more clearly what I meant.