Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post beyond

Mighty Member

Don't know if Hickman is the best choice for Spider-man. He is More high concept And i'd rather keep Spider-man on the low.
    I think Hickman would do well with someone like Cap or Iron Man, something which can him say what he wants to say And do something special.

My guess is that after beyond, we'll get the road to 900, And That'll set up the story for #1000 (much like 600 to 700).

I'm guessing Cates Could get it. Someone mentioned that his Hulk will probably only last 12 issues, i think they gave him Hulk to not only pass the time for Spider-man, but also to progress either his Thanos or his Ultimate story that he has been teasing for years.
    So the Cates verse will all be connected in some way (good job i'm an early adopter of his comics).

Al Ewing would be a choice i'd love to see as well just because I know we'll get something akin to the 70's.

Extraordinary Member

Whoever it is I just want him to be get Spider-man and respect him(so like the anti-slott).And he a well known name whose shown he can write comics and write them well.

hopefully Peter gets to keep Ben's gadgets and have some new ones of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Yeah favorite part of the PS4 game was using the different suit powers with the classic suit. He doesn't need a new design just make his suit have those features
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah favorite part of the PS4 game was using the different suit powers with the classic suit. He doesn't need a new design just make his suit have those features
    Facts, Peter needs to keep more gadgets.And he's made plenty in the past

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only way I can see Hickman writing Spider-Man is if he wants to take a "break" from his usual books and really show off how much he can change up his writing, because the type of stuff he usually writes just seems really off-base for what people expect from Spider-Man.
    I mean, who doesn't want a crack at Spider-Man?

(Yes, I know, Grant Morrison, but I think that's about it.)

Fantastic Member

so a few things its possible we have another bridge storyline after beyond ends before the permanent writer takes over. But with the schedule you have to figure some of the post beyond issues are already being worked on. Also really thinking and hoping JED MCKAY becomes the new permanet ongoing writer. If the sales of death of strange and moon knight continue to do well he has to be the front runner.. He just signed a marvel exclusive deal and i know for a 100 percent fact that is a prerequesite to have the amazing spiderman writer job.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I mean, who doesn't want a crack at Spider-Man?
    Spider-Man (and Batman) is the biggest audience and platform any writer in comics will have. More non-comics and non-Marvel readers follow Spider-Man (and who will never read other comics or other Marvel characters) than any other character. So it's a great big gig. Hickman might be tempted in the sense "you've done sold out tours on smaller venues, Carnegie Hall, and Eurovision Song Context, why not play at Superbowl Halftime before leaving Marvel".

(Yes, I know, Grant Morrison, but I think that's about it.)
    In Comics-Creators on X-Men, GM admits that when Quesada offered them to work at Marvel, they were initially offered X-Men or Spider-Man (I am guessing this was before JMS was signed on) and GM chose X-Men. Even that was circuitous because GM was offered to do Ultimate X-Men which he turned down and passed on to Mark Millar and as they talked up X-Men with Millar, GM realized that they actually wanted to do X-Men all of a sudden.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Spider-Man (and Batman) is the biggest audience and platform any writer in comics will have. More non-comics and non-Marvel readers follow Spider-Man (and who will never read other comics or other Marvel characters) than any other character. So it's a great big gig. Hickman might be tempted in the sense "you've done sold out tours on smaller venues, Carnegie Hall, and Eurovision Song Context, why not play at Superbowl Halftime before leaving Marvel".

In Comics-Creators on X-Men, GM admits that when Quesada offered them to work at Marvel, they were initially offered X-Men or Spider-Man (I am guessing this was before JMS was signed on) and GM chose X-Men. Even that was circuitous because GM was offered to do Ultimate X-Men which he turned down and passed on to Mark Millar and as they talked up X-Men with Millar, GM realized that they actually wanted to do X-Men all of a sudden.
    I have a feeling Marvel wants to keep Hickman around so that they can bring him back in once the X-office wants to move forward past the current phase they are in. Just my two cents.

Morrison would have been a trip on Spider-man. Don't see him going back to Marvel. Certainly not while Joey Q is lingering around like a bad fart. I'd coax him back with the big one: Fantastic Four. I know he did the 1234 mini, but imagine the status quo revisionist shenanigans he would get up to if they told him, "here, go nuts".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I have a feeling Marvel wants to keep Hickman around so that they can bring him back in once the X-office wants to move forward past the current phase they are in. Just my two cents.

Morrison would have been a trip on Spider-man. Don't see him going back to Marvel. Certainly not while Joey Q is lingering around like a bad fart. I'd coax him back with the big one: Fantastic Four. I know he did the 1234 mini, but imagine the status quo revisionist shenanigans he would get up to if they told him, "here, go nuts".
    I didn’t hear if GM has bad blood with Marvel but I doubt they have it with Quesada unless I mistaken and there’s a story I missed.

My sense is that GM is at heart a DC fan and not a Marvel fan and that they did all they wished with Marvel IP before heading to the competition.

Astonishing Member

Was Grant Morrison’s X-Men run really that great? Still haven’t read it, and I heard subsequent writers (or editors) ruined his new character Xorn with some dumb retcons.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Was Grant Morrison’s X-Men run really that great? Still haven’t read it, and I heard subsequent writers (or editors) ruined his new character Xorn with some dumb retcons.
    It is a very controversial run, with many defenders and haters. Many are divided in his decisions, especially regarding the final antagonist on his story. Still, it came in a time with the X-Books weren't in a great state so timing also helped it. Is similar to JSM run in how it was recieved actually
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I didn’t hear if GM has bad blood with Marvel but I doubt they have it with Quesada unless I mistaken and there’s a story I missed.

My sense is that GM is at heart a DC fan and not a Marvel fan and that they did all they wished with Marvel IP before heading to the competition.
    In Sean Howe’s “Marvel: The Untold Story,” he outlines a screaming match that Joe Quesada and Grant Morrison got into on the floor of Comic-con. Quesada felt blindsided by the announcement that Morrison was signing a DC exclusive and accosted them on the floor. According to Howe, Morrison was initially frozen and silent as Quesada yelled at them, but the exchange ends with Morrison shouting “It’s over! The Marvel era is done!”

So, yes, Morrison and Quesada don’t get along.
    Last edited by RJT; 10-13-2021 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Fix pronouns

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Hickman likes science based concepts. What better than a mythology where most of the villains are based upon "science gone wrong?".

If Hickman was to be named the new writer, then I'd imagine Marvel might have offered it to him as a good will gesture for the other writers at the X-office cutting his plans short.
    This is actually the opposite of what happened—Hickman wanted to wrap up his storyline early but the editors and the other writers didn’t want to, and so they are continuing the storyline without Hickman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I liked it a lot, ending and antagonist included And it's probably my second favourite run (behind Hickman).

Then again i have the benefit of hindsight, I read it a year ago And over the course of a couple of weeks, so I had it all fed to me at once.

Yeah, I don't know what went on between Morrison And Quesada, but it appears to have been ugly.
    A lot that Morrison did was retconned almost an issue later (revealing a fake out villain, bring back a character) to the point that readng Morrison's run with the X-Men universe makes it feel like a mess.
    But reading it as a separate thing, it's actually a coherent story with an ending.

I would hope Morrison does return to Marvel someday, if only to put out a mini or two.
    Could you imagine Morrison doing a mini in the age of Krakoa? That would be pretty mindblowing