Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post beyond

Mighty Member

SnipTime.jpg
    Kinda surprised this part didn't get any discussion going. Is this the Spider-girl/woman who Mephisto was worried about in ASM 74?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    SnipTime.jpg
    Kinda surprised this part didn't get any discussion going. Is this the Spider-girl/woman who Mephisto was worried about in ASM 74?
    Bet you those are MJ and Felica from the one-shot, also written by McKay

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I saw him talk about how Spider-Man is probably the "toughest character he can imagine writing" and was disappointed he didn't elaborate further.
    Morrison likes drug induced adventures that use silver age at its wackiest in spirit, Spidey is generally grounded stories about characters, really doesn't sound like Morrison's style.

Then again, we got Slott...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    All this, although it's not about Betty or Robert(although I would love if Betty was in this more, specially in Beyond helping him w/ MJ) it's about Peter and his world through his POV.That's why Spider-man works best w/ Peter and writers who can write a decent/good Peter.
    Thinking of it, I think the most interactions Betty had with MJ was back in the 70's when both of them were trying to pin on Peter, one Spectacular issue have them decide to become friends despite both having crushes on Peter but uh, nothing really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    Here's my stupid take: Have Peter and MJ engaged after the Beyond Arc and bring back Spider-Marriage around #900.

Just in a time for celebration of 60th Anniversary of Spider-Man.
    Honestly, after X-Men Gold and Batman#50, I would not trust Marvel or DC promissing marriage, specially Spidey getting married lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    There's a page in the Kang-centered Timeless comic out today that shows possible futures or upcoming events. One of them is Ben in the Beyond suit that looks to be him swinging in front of the HOLLYWOOD sign in CA. So it's entirely possible that Peter resumes as Spidey in NY while Ben heads to the West Coast.
    Maybe he'll join West Coast Avengers, or did they get cancelled?

SnipTime.jpg
    That Spider-Girl is explicitly Mayday (The knocked down heroes are even from MC2, even if MC2 can't be a future for 616 anymore).

Plus, neither of Peter's daughters had hair this long.

Where's this from by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Bet you those are MJ and Felica from the one-shot, also written by McKay
    Why would Felicia of all people become Black Panther? There's an entire country to take T'Challa's place...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Why would Felicia of all people become Black Panther? There's an entire country to take T'Challa's place...
    She's not a Black Panther she's just dressing like one. As to why? Haven't read the issue yet but I will be here to gloat
    Last edited by Sr. Bungle; 12-29-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Mighty Member

They could call it West Coast Avengers featuring Ben Reilly, the Sensational Spider-man. It really rolls off the tongue

That Spider-Girl is explicitly Mayday (The knocked down heroes are even from MC2, even if MC2 can't be a future for 616 anymore).

Plus, neither of Peter's daughters had hair this long.

Where's this from by the way?
    Mayday wasn't a redhead ever, was she?

It's from a montage of possible futures as viewed by Kang in today's Timeless by Jed McKay. I think in that context - a big tentpole book showing the future (maybe) of various stories - that Spencer's finale might have been more about setting up the next big thing than we thought. Granted, Peter getting sidelined *again* would be quite ...repetitive? gratuitous? bordering on silly?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

She's not a Black Panther she's just dressing like one. As to why? Haven't read the issue yet but I will be here to gloat :P
    Trust me when I say that making a joke like that and being right is not really something you'll be gloating about lol.

They could call it West Coast Avengers featuring Ben Reilly, the Sensational Spider-man. It really rolls off the tongue
    Rolls off the tongue so much that, everytime the characters say the team's name, is should be this whole thing, and finish with ™ .

Mayday wasn't a redhead ever, was she?
    As far as I've seen, in the original comics her hair was brown:

(ASM#30)

However, ASM#74 has her being a redhead:

Not sure her hair was ever this short too...

Would be funny if Marvel excuses this and says that it's not Mayday, but yet another-nother-nother Spider-Daughter lol.

It's from a montage of possible futures as viewed by Kang in today's Timeless by Jed McKay.
    Thanks, will take a look at that later;

I think in that context - a big tentpole book showing the future (maybe) of various stories - that Spencer's finale might have been more about setting up the next big thing than we thought.
    Yeah, for a moment I was thinking that the panels were showing the original idea Beyond had, since originally it wasn't gonna have Ben, but Ben shows up in the same page anyways... And if anything it's showing what he may be doing after Beyond.

Granted, Peter getting sidelined *again* would be quite ...repetitive? gratuitous? bordering on silly?
    If it happens again, then ASM might as well stand for "Amazing Sidelined-Man".

Morrison likes drug induced adventures that use silver age at its wackiest in spirit, Spidey is generally grounded stories about characters, really doesn't sound like Morrison's style.

Then again, we got Slott...
    The closest character Morrison ever wrote to Spider-Man was Buddy Baker/Animal Man and I don't see Morrison ever repeating that because even then you could see how they were dipping into more esoteric, high concept, stories and character points.
    They got canceled a loooong time ago.
    She's not a Black Panther she's just dressing like one. As to why? Haven't read the issue yet but I will be here to gloat
    This reminds me of that Spidey/Human Torch issue where Felicia and Johnny try to break into the Wakandan Consulate (?) to steal something.
    Not sure her hair was ever this short too...
    Her original hairstyle was pretty short. I think she reverted to that per Spidergeddon.
    Would be funny if Marvel excuses this and says that it's not Mayday, but yet another-nother-nother Spider-Daughter lol.
    Annie May's a redhead daughter and I guess she could grow out her hair. Ditto the daughter in the current Tom Taylor mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The closest character Morrison ever wrote to Spider-Man was Buddy Baker/Animal Man and I don't see Morrison ever repeating that because even then you could see how they were dipping into more esoteric, high concept, stories and character points.
    Yeah, we got the weird time travel, but above all, we have Morrison showing up at the end, admitting they killed Buddy's family 'cause Morrison's cat died and they were forcing the story to become dark 'cause they were sad... And then Morrison resurrects Buddy's family just because... Yeah, we got weird Morrison **** in the end anyways.

Even if Morrison was willing to write ASM and be closer to how he wrote Animal Man, I dunno if that would be a good idea, 'cause for me, Morrison is way worse of a writer nowadays, they're more focused in weird concepts than character driven stuff, or even writing a story that makes sense for the sake of concepts, and considering Spidey is at its best when properly character driven, I really don't think Morrison would be a good fit.

They got canceled a loooong time ago.
    Well, time for a relaunch starring Ben then .

This reminds me of that Spidey/Human Torch issue where Felicia and Johnny try to break into the Wakandan Consulate (?) to steal something.
    Why the hell would Johnny get involved in this lol.

Her original hairstyle was pretty short. I think she reverted to that per Spidergeddon.
    Her hair was still short in Spider-Geddon itself, I dunno about post Spider-Geddon, not even sure if she showed up after it lol.

Annie May's a redhead daughter and I guess she could grow out her hair.
    Honestly weird that Annie is a redhead but the shade of her hair is much brighter than MJ's lol.

Ditto the daughter in the current Tom Taylor mini.
    That one is called "May", so it's likely she's another Mayday counterpart, who's a redhead for some reason lol.

Astonishing Member

SnipTime.jpg
    I really can't wait to see the One-Shot Beyond and check if this comes from it, but I don't see any sense for Felicia to dress like the Black Panther, other than matching her topic of "black feline".

Also, "The brave honor the sacrifices of those in their hearts...", such words makes me thing that Black Panther could actually be Storm.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

And Spidey is Jean Grey!

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    And Spidey is Jean Grey!
    But the panel there says "The brave honor the sacrifices of those in their hearts...", was Spidey secretly having an affair with Jean? .

But the panel there says "The brave honor the sacrifices of those in their hearts...", was Spidey secretly having an affair with Jean? .
    What can I say... redheads rule.
    wolverine-spiderman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    What can I say... redheads rule.
    wolverine-spiderman.jpg
    Missed the perfect opportunity to post this one man:

Missed the perfect opportunity to post this one man:

Pre-Krakoa did Logan ever even canonically sleep with Jean?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pre-Krakoa did Logan ever even canonically sleep with Jean?
    I going to say no they kiss a couple of times
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy