Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Post beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pre-Krakoa did Logan ever even canonically sleep with Jean?
    Pretty sure they didn't, since contrary to popular belief, Jean didn't give him that much attention in 616.

But hey, stop ruining the joke .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Kind of belated, but I would caution against people getting their hopes up of Marvel doing a follow-up to Mayday "defeating Mephisto." That was a pretty blatant Spencer throwing a bone after his whole reversing OMD gambit he kept teasing fell to the waste side.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Kind of belated, but I would caution against people getting their hopes up of Marvel doing a follow-up to Mayday "defeating Mephisto." That was a pretty blatant Spencer throwing a bone after his whole reversing OMD gambit he kept teasing fell to the waste side.
    Yeah, and I think that was as much as Spencer was allowed to do on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yeah that one is just a tease that'll go nowhere, just to give marriage fans hope lol.

At best, I can see Marvel teasing there'll be a follow-up, but, it's gonna be bait, like it always is lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah that one is just a tease that'll go nowhere, just to give marriage fans hope lol.

At best, I can see Marvel teasing there'll be a follow-up, but, it's gonna be bait, like it always is lol.
    Spencer crushed my last hope of seeing that resolved. Not that I'm too pro-marriage, I'm mostly against pacts with the devil

Peter is the main Spider-Man of course. Honestly, and maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, I can see them relaunching Sensational with Ben. Ben and Janine are just too good of a couple to just off them. It will give us a chance to have Ben and Peter without all the baggage of the Clone Saga.

Otto.....I don't know. It seems his return to being Doc Ock is half hearted. Like they're waiting for an excuse to either turn him good, bring back SpOck, or at least make him less of a villain.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    Peter is the main Spider-Man of course. Honestly, and maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, I can see them relaunching Sensational with Ben. Ben and Janine are just too good of a couple to just off them. It will give us a chance to have Ben and Peter without all the baggage of the Clone Saga.

Otto.....I don't know. It seems his return to being Doc Ock is half hearted. Like they're waiting for an excuse to either turn him good, bring back SpOck, or at least make him less of a villain.
    Scarlet Spider was good, Ben's entire thing is/was "Peter but not" and it can be very compelling but we should focus on the differences rather than similarities IMO.Him using Peter's identity feels like regression.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Scarlet Spider was good, Ben's entire thing is/was "Peter but not" and it can be very compelling but we should focus on the differences rather than similarities IMO.Him using Peter's identity feels like regression.
    I would assume that he would go back to being Scarlet Spider. And that's the thing. I don't want "Peter but not". I want "Ben Reily". In my mind, while there are similarities and they have the same upbringing, they're still two different characters. And I always loved their team ups because they distinctly had their own personalities and such.

Basically Kaine. Kaine has made his own name and you seriously forget that he's a clone of Peter. Also, when was the last time that we had all three interacting with each other? That wasn't Clone Conspiracy, that is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    I would assume that he would go back to being Scarlet Spider. And that's the thing. I don't want "Peter but not". I want "Ben Reily". In my mind, while there are similarities and they have the same upbringing, they're still two different characters. And I always loved their team ups because they distinctly had their own personalities and such.

Basically Kaine. Kaine has made his own name and you seriously forget that he's a clone of Peter. Also, when was the last time that we had all three interacting with each other? That wasn't Clone Conspiracy, that is.
    I agree, either way I think Scarlet Spider works better though

And yeah need the three of them to interact, why they didn't in Beyond ...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    And yeah need the three of them to interact, why they didn't in Beyond ...
    'Cause Kaine is smart enough to not show up during Beyond .

Astonishing Member

We should be getting some details this week...I hope

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Romita Jr is drawing the post beyond arc. Based on the cover, doesn't seem like any major shakeups so far.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Romita Jr is drawing the post beyond arc. Based on the cover, doesn't seem like any major shakeups so far.
    So, a new #1 and then #900 shortly after