Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    It is a wait and see.
    Come revisit this thread when Ms. Marvel premieres, so you can admit I was right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Let’s be clear.

Caste systems are BAD.

There’s nothing good about them.

They are inherently racist. The people at the bottom of a caste system are always defined as “other,” never part of the same people at the top of the caste.

What you are describing is exactly what a caste system is, and it is a BAD thing.
    Of fine the treatment of someone because of their job is bad, I do wonder though how many jobs still get that? But be given a job based on skill is good.

Astonishing Member

Come revisit this thread when Ms. Marvel premieres, so you can admit I was right.
    You are already on a loosing streak, so don't get your hopes up.

At the end of the day it does not matter is Ms Marvel on Disney is going to be an Inhuman. That is not why I read her books in the the comics to start with. I like her because she is a huge fan girl who writes superhero fans fics, is a big of a nerd, loves her family and wants to do the right thing. I also enjoyed her comics because I have never really read a Muslim character that wasnt painted as a terrorism or the goofy outsider who just cant fit in. I had as much fun reading about her home life and reading the panels with her family as much as her in costume. The Inhuman connection is so low on the list of things I care about being part of the Disney show.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Wait so just the idea of Multiracial people is bad? Also yes that is what most Americans would say, and I wonder how many of them if they were given the Crown would give it up?
    You are completely misunderstanding MyriVerse’s point. You are reading his point in totally, 180 degrees, opposite to what he was saying. I cannot tell if you are being deliberate in claiming not to understand him or not.

MyriVerse is against labeling a relationship between two people as being miscegenation. MyriVerse has no problem with people of different ethnic backgrounds or “races” having a relationship. MyriVerse is standing AGAINST someone who would refer to a relationship as “race mixing” or “miscegenation.” Understand? MyriVerse is so much FOR “race mixing,” that he is against the very concept that it is “race mixing” or “miscegenation.”

Of fine the treatment of someone because of their job is bad, I do wonder though how many jobs still get that? But be given a job based on skill is good.
    Caste systems are evil. Period. End of story.

Astonishing Member

So you are really telling me that you don't agree with a system that gives people work based on skill?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

We know caste systems aren't good. They already got rid of anything they had that resembled it. You have to find stories that already got rid of it to make your outdated argument that isn't even current in the comics. They don't have a caste system in the comics now and they aren't a kingdom. The inhumans were being genocided by the Kree last we saw them and they didn't even have a kingdom.

And who cares if Ms. Marvel is an inhuman in a Disney Plus show. That's her origin and she's been in a lot of other media as an inhuman. Just because you don't like inhumans doesn't mean you can deny her inhuman race. That's just wrong. I don't think she's going to be an inhuman in the series. But it doesn't excuse the people to hate her inhuman race.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 10-10-2021 at 06:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

You are completely misunderstanding MyriVerse’s point. You are reading his point in totally, 180 degrees, opposite to what he was saying. I cannot tell if you are being deliberate in claiming not to understand him or not.

MyriVerse is against labeling a relationship between two people as being miscegenation. MyriVerse has no problem with people of different ethnic backgrounds or “races” having a relationship. MyriVerse is standing AGAINST someone who would refer to a relationship as “race mixing” or “miscegenation.” Understand? MyriVerse is so much FOR “race mixing,” that he is against the very concept that it is “race mixing” or “miscegenation.”
    1) Everyone in the Marvel universe doesn't look at it that way, and by race it isn't White, Black, Asian, etc but Human, Inhuman, Mutant, etc. I bet if anyone went into a room and said they were all the same, they would laugh that person out.

So you are really telling me that you don't agree with a system that gives people work based on skill?
    Caste systems are NOT based on skill. They are based on class and someone claiming to have more skill based on that class.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Caste systems are NOT based on skill. They are based on class and someone claiming to have more skill based on that class.
    You're beating a dead horse. They have no caste system.

Astonishing Member

But that isn't how the Inhuman's caste system worked (for the most part), all are tested when they reach a certain age on what they can do. Unless they were not allowed to go through Terrigenesis because of the Genetics Council they would look at what powers they have. They were put into a Caste based off what they can do, skills. Warriors and Scientist were more revered because Inhumans thought they gave more to society, but a Warrior couldn't tell an Artist to move out of a seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    We know caste systems aren't good. They already got rid of anything they had that resembled it. You have to find stories that already got rid of it to make your outdated argument that isn't even current in the comics. They don't have a caste system in the comics now and they aren't a kingdom. The inhumans were being genocided by the Kree last we saw them and they didn't even have a kingdom.

And who cares if Ms. Marvel is an inhuman in a Disney Plus show. That's her origin and she's been in a lot of other media as an inhuman. Just because you don't like inhumans doesn't mean you can deny her inhuman race. That's just wrong. I don't think she's going to be an inhuman in the series. But it doesn't excuse the people to hate her inhuman race.
    I like the Inhumans quite a bit, actually.

But I recognize they are deeply flawed and NOT heroes, except to some of their people and occasionally to some other Marvel heroes.

They’re a cautionary sci-fi concept of how not to run a society, as well as an extended metaphor about colonialism, cloaked in some former “hidden masters” mumbo-jumbo.

But that isn't how the Inhuman's caste system worked (for the most part), all are tested when they reach a certain age on what they can do. Unless they were not allowed to go through Terrigenesis because of the Genetics Council they would look at what powers they have. They were put into a Caste based off what they can do, skills. Warriors and Scientist were more revered because Inhumans thought they gave more to society, but a Warrior couldn't tell an Artist to move out of a seat.
    I think you missed all the stories about how enslavement of the Alpha Primitives was, you know, WRONG, and how in practically every story that dealt with their eugenics programs, it showed how wrong that was as well.

The point of the vast majority of Inhumans stories dealing with their society is that they are screwed up, bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    You're beating a dead horse. They have no caste system.
    Then why did the Royals go fight the Kree and not every Inhuman left alive? Oh, I know — because the caste system continues on and the Inhuman Royals are still caste-based and in charge. Of course, most of the rest of the Inhumans are dead, as far as is known. There’s probably not too many Inhumans to rule over with their class system.