Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    We could still have this with a Green Goblin unleashed from Norman Osborn's influence.

Anyway, in original plans, they pretended to make Peter and Gwen the "parents" of Sarah and Gabriel. Since it has been revealed they are clones (as I always suspected), this could actually happen because they could make a new Sarah and a new Gabriel using Peter's DNA and combining it with Gwen's. Ben and Kaine seem to have surpassed the Age Degeneration problem, so they could be the key to create a stable Sarah and Gabriel.
    Heh, does anyone want Sarah and Gabriel back, mind? I'm still confused on what they even are. They're new kids Harry cloned for Norman? They're vessels for the Harry AI? They're independent beings capable of having feelings even though no-one treats them as such? All three?

Also, I know we went straight into Beyond and other stuff is happening, but it feels kind of weird that we haven't checked in on Liz after all this or had anyone mention how she's doing.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    Heh, does anyone want Sarah and Gabriel back, mind? I'm still confused on what they even are. They're new kids Harry cloned for Norman? They're vessels for the Harry AI? They're independent beings capable of having feelings even though no-one treats them as such? All three?

Also, I know we went straight into Beyond and other stuff is happening, but it feels kind of weird that we haven't checked in on Liz after all this or had anyone mention how she's doing.
    Well, they also forgot about Dr Connors and the Lizard still being separated.

Anyway, it was proven that Sarah and Gabriel were "artificial beings", clones created from Gwen's DNA and someone's else too. (Not clear if it was from Norman's DNA or not). Whatever the reasons behind their creation, it's obvious they were like Ben and Kaine, poor beings created by the science of a twisted mind. As far as I see, I would like to see them again because I see potential in them, but no writer seems to be taking them seriously. The same happens with Teresa, Peter's "sister". Personally, I want her to actually be her sister, not another clone. (Although, honestly, she could be the 616's version of Ultimate Spider-Woman).

Anyway, it was proven that Sarah and Gabriel were "artificial beings", clones created from Gwen's DNA and someone's else too. (Not clear if it was from Norman's DNA or not). Whatever the reasons behind their creation, it's obvious they were like Ben and Kaine, poor beings created by the science of a twisted mind. As far as I see, I would like to see them again because I see potential in them, but no writer seems to be taking them seriously. The same happens with Teresa, Peter's "sister". Personally, I want her to actually be her sister, not another clone. (Although, honestly, she could be the 616's version of Ultimate Spider-Woman).
    I feel like no matter what is eventually revealed about Teresa loads of people will be bitterly disappointed, so best to keep it super ambiguous the way they're doing now.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Basically all 3 yeah lol.

They were created to torment Peter, then became vessels, but they're still people who could think for themselves when the AI wasn't controlling them.

Considering how Beyond quickly moves on from Spencer's run and doesn't even mention that Boomerang is dead, yeah... We're not hearing about Liz so soon.

Thinking of it, Liz only showed up in Spencer's run to cry about Harry lol.

Anyway, it was proven that Sarah and Gabriel were "artificial beings", clones created from Gwen's DNA and someone's else too. (Not clear if it was from Norman's DNA or not).
    It was likely Norman's, since Harry did all of that nonsense while (somehow) expecting Norman to resurrect... Even though resurrections were rare on the time Harry died lol.

Whatever the reasons behind their creation, it's obvious they were like Ben and Kaine, poor beings created by the science of a twisted mind. As far as I see, I would like to see them again because I see potential in them, but no writer seems to be taking them seriously.
    Well, even if they were alright characters, the whole problem with them is that they remind readers of Sins Past... And with the retcon removing the "Peter got cucked by Norman" thing, well, why would they bother with those two? Specially since they just died?

The same happens with Teresa, Peter's "sister". Personally, I want her to actually be her sister, not another clone. (Although, honestly, she could be the 616's version of Ultimate Spider-Woman).
    Teresa is a reminder of Peter's secret agent parents, something not that liked, and she's a secret sibling, something also not liked... It's kind of a miracle she's allowed to show up past Family Business and not be killed off, so far at least.

Also **** no to her getting Spider powers, too many of those around, specially with the ridiculous amount of Spider-Women around.

I feel like no matter what is eventually revealed about Teresa loads of people will be bitterly disappointed, so best to keep it super ambiguous the way they're doing now.
    I certainly don't want her to be a girl Chameleon lol.

Don't really mind if she's Peter's sister or not, they treat each other as siblings even before it was "confirmed" they are siblings anyways (Which's understandable for her, but weird for Peter), so the relationship would change little.

But yeah, having a satisfying reveal at this point is difficult, if they say she really is Peter's sister, then Spencer's entire arc about making that dubious was a fucking waste of time, and whatever alternate reveal, well, if they say "LMD" or "clone" it'll be eyeroll worthy lol.

Spencer made the mistake of retconning her past, 'cause now she's being defined by whatever wacky origin she has, just like Donna from DC, and that ruined Donna, and if Teresa doesn't move past that, she'll be a less convoluted version of Donna.

At this point, only that guy who was friends with Richard and Mary knows for sure what she is:

Astonishing Member

Well, I just want a clear answer around Teresa once and for all.

I wonder if the upcoming Queen Goblin stuff will answer any questions about the Kindred arc, since I assume Norman is inevitably going to be involved in that at some point.

I wonder if the upcoming Queen Goblin stuff will answer any questions about the Kindred arc, since I assume Norman is inevitably going to be involved in that at some point.
    I wonder if she's even connected with any of the other Goblins, she could always be like Roderick, who just happened to find Norman's stuff and was like, "Imma become a super-villain".

But then again, if they're not making a mystery around her identity, y'know, with characters being introduced as possible suspects, then might be one of the characters we already know, or recently introduced to.

Either way, I think stuff like Norman's current status will only be used after Beyond, 'cause I doubt they'll give such developments to Ben, although he could always bitch to Norman since, y'know, Norman killed Ben, and while Ben has 27 deaths, Norman got that first one, and that's special.

Thinking of it, wonder if Norman's mental status changing in a run is gonna become a tradition, 'cause Slott's run both removed the Goblin Serum induced insanity, then made him think he's Cletus, then Spencer's run practically removed his evilness, wonder what's next lol.

Mighty Member

I would imagine any Norman content will be in a .BEY issue - something outside the main narrative/19 issue plan that could be written entirely after Spencer's run
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

I'm sick of saying this. For a young Spider-Man, we already have Miles Morales, so they have no longeran excuse to stop Peter Parker from aging. They want magically make Peter and Miles to have the same age? What's the point then of a "New Generation" of heroes like the Champions?
    Because people don't care about Miles; they care about Peter.

It's like asking why Bruce Wayne can't retire as Batman or be allowed to age past 40.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    You know, if Kindred/s were to return for one more story arc down the road, I don't think I'd mind... on a few conditions. 1) Mephisto can use them for some reason, maybe promising to give them permanent life if they kill Peter... I dunno, I'm not a comic writer, so they go after him again. Whatever, this time, they are nowhere uber-powered, so more of a fair fight. 2) Peter scores and absolutely decisive victory over them and sends the twin idiots back to Hell. Non-Negotiable. The end.
    I think Kindred's storyline wil definitely be followed up on, because Harry and Norman are too important to Peter's mythos to leave the storyline as is. May not be when they return next, but some writer will try to go for the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post

It's like asking why Bruce Wayne can't retire as Batman or be allowed to age past 40.
    at this point miles might be older than peter guy is getting older while Peter isnt
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post

Bruce Wayne doesn't retire because he's as insane as his foes, like the Joker. He's too obssessive to accept he should stop. Also, he's already older than 40. Do you think all the wounds and hurts he has accumulated make them younger?

Bruce Wayne doesn't retire because he's as insane as his foes, like the Joker. He's too obssessive to accept he should stop. Also, he's already older than 40. Do you think all the wounds and hurts he has accumulated make them younger?
    Didn't his body reset when he and joker went into the Lazarus pit in Synders run?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Didn't his body reset when he and joker went into the Lazarus pit in Synders run?
    When did that happen? Either way, that's not how it works. The Lazarus Pit might heal and restore the body, but the pain and the trauma are increased, that's why Ras al Ghul is insane. So even if Bruce Wayne could get younger in the outside, in the inside it's just an old man.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think Kindred's storyline wil definitely be followed up on, because Harry and Norman are too important to Peter's mythos to leave the storyline as is. May not be when they return next, but some writer will try to go for the challenge.
    Hell, I'll do it for free.