Mighty Member

Default Screwy passing of time ( and space) in movies?

Blues Brothers. They leave the concert at midnight, drive for a few hours and arrive at a bank that's open at 5 am?

Mr Nice Guy. Jackie Chan movie made in my home town of Melbourne Australia. He flees a shopping centre and a second later is at Flinders st station, hundreds of metres away

Others?

Almost every movie where people have to go from one place to another.
    Except Die Hard with a Vengeance, which had New York mapped out the right way.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Blues Brothers. They leave the concert at midnight, drive for a few hours and arrive at a bank that's open at 5 am?

Mr Nice Guy. Jackie Chan movie made in my home town of Melbourne Australia. He flees a shopping centre and a second later is at Flinders st station, hundreds of metres away

Others?
    Movie math -

The drive is stated as one hundred and six miles.

Aurora to Chicago is just under fifty.

Even in packed rush hour traffic, you can do that fifty in two, maybe, three hours.

One hundred miles in two to four hours in northern Illinois after midnight?

Totally workable. Probably wouldn't even need to speed.

Edit:

Never mind the less populated Illinois at the time of the film.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 10-11-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Night of the Living Dead I love the movie, but the time it takes to get to the cemetery makes no sense.

They're from Pittsburgh and the farm house by the Cemetery is getting news telling where to go places in Butler County. The brother said it was a 3 hour long trip each way WTF? To get from Pittsburgh to Butler County takes under an hour heck you could make Erie or even Cleveland in under 3 hours.

Also in another Romero film Dawn of the Dead one of my favorite films they go from Philly to the Monroeville Mall which is in Western PA outside Pittsburgh. If heading north as they claim they were why go west?

Last another Pittsburgh one Bruce Willis' Striking Distance decent film but if you know Pittsburgh the car chases are funny because they'll be in one part of the city and make a turn and be in another which isn't even close to the last location.

Retired

With so many movies and T.V. shows made in Vancouver, it used to bug me how people could get from one place in the city to a completely different place--or somewhere way out in the sticks--within a few minutes. But now I just accept it. It's only really annoying when Vancouver plays itself--which is very rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Except Die Hard with a Vengeance, which had New York mapped out the right way.
    ^^^as a native New Yorker I remember liking that aspect a lot.

Mighty Member

Beauty and the beast. Autumn Winter and Spring come and go in a few days?

Vampire movies like fright night where they face the v just after midnight and the sun comes up a few minutes later.

Ultimate Member

The first Venom, Brock is walking down street in broad day light but the time he enters the store at the end...it suddenly turns to night.

Final showdown in Silverado. Look at the shadow on the church behind Kevin Kline before and after the gunfight.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!