Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Concepts like "pure of heart" and "perversion" do not have set definitions. They do depend heavily on community standards, which are themselves inexactly defined. We're dealing with behaviors and beliefs on one end of a bell curve and the general question of these concepts being mutually exclusive is one that can be discussed even if no conclusion can ever be reached.
    I don't think they can, because I don't think the concepts of pure at heart and perversion can be agreed on. So unless we can say what in practical terms, those ideas mean, how can we say if they are exclusive. There is a large segment in this country who would say being a good Christian and Gay would fit. I don't think either of those are examples.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

It depends on what you consider perversion. Some might see it as seeing the streamy movie and TV show or read that steamy romance/erotic book or comic. Some might consider masturbators as perverts or anyone with a fantasy life. Even all withing legal bounds. However, rapists and pedophiles and sexual sadists (I am not talking consensual kink - but then there is another "ymmv" I personally think none of the former should even be YMMV unless you are an outright asexual supremist, or against the freedoms of the modern world). If its criminal I give it the pervert label. Serial Killers used to get off on simply strangling and they didn't even have to have sex with their victims and there is decapitation and cannibalism. Anyway, There may be a rare instance that someone guilty or rape, child rape etc may still retain some purity if they are truly sorry and want to change their ways. Oh, again... Did I say that's rare? As in very? I am not just talking about reading the "good book." I am agnostic btw, but I know how it goes. But really wanting to and feeling it.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-18-2021 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't think they can, because I don't think the concepts of pure at heart and perversion can be agreed on. So unless we can say what in practical terms, those ideas mean, how can we say if they are exclusive. There is a large segment in this country who would say being a good Christian and Gay would fit. I don't think either of those are examples.
    Not just pure of heart but smart, loyal, strong-willed, sensible & righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    Not just pure of heart but smart, loyal, strong-willed, sensible & righteous.
    Define pervert?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Like, give some examples, preferably with pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Like, give some examples, preferably with pictures.
    That can get you banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Define pervert?
    But I thought that does not seem to match a pervert such as a peeping Tom.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The problem with your premise is that no one is “pure of heart”.
    Sure there is, Progressives (so they say).

Boisterously Confused

I'd imagine any one's definition of perversion would antithetical to their definition of purity.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'd imagine any one's definition of perversion would antithetical to their definition of purity.
    It seems to be for the OP. I’d personally consider purity to be an absence of malicious intent in which case someone could be a pervert as long as they mean no harm and would change that behavior if they discovered it was causing harm.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I'm thinking of Rika from....the name of the anime slips my mind. It starts decent enough, but it doesn't just miss the landing, it nosedives direct into a mountain at full thrust. But the character of Rika has a pure heart, and a dirty mind. Or so she says.

Terrible, terrible end message to the show - never try and move past just being a group of friends, or you will ruin everything for everyone you loser.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

You can be pure of heart and be a pervert with your consenting partner. Testosterone makes your carnal cravings crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm thinking of Rika from....the name of the anime slips my mind. It starts decent enough, but it doesn't just miss the landing, it nosedives direct into a mountain at full thrust. But the character of Rika has a pure heart, and a dirty mind. Or so she says.

Terrible, terrible end message to the show - never try and move past just being a group of friends, or you will ruin everything for everyone you loser.
    The name came back to me: Haganai
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Okay, how about Anna Nishikinomiya from Shimoneta. This show takes place in a future version of Japan which has been cleansed of all that is obscene, lustful and impure. Anna, student council president at her high school presents an image of purity and is a prude on steroids, but, behind the scenes, she has an uncontrollable case of the hots for the show's lead and classmate Tanukichi Okuma (son of an infamous terrorist who opposed the chastity laws) and takes her passion to insane levels, most notably, putting her "love nectar" (you can probably figure out what that is) in the batter of cookies she baked for him. I think Anna meets the OP's parameters!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It would be helpful to know what the OP means by 'pervert' here. A bit of bondage? Into feet? Anyone who actively and enthusiastically enjoys sex with a consenting partner?

Because for me, the definition of perversion is when sex is used to hurt people (non-consensually), or stuff like kids and animals. Nobody who does that could claim to be pure of heart.