Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Murder is a strong word. She was defending herself against human aggression.
    The very first issue she stabbed a grocery store manager in the neck with no provocation.

Let's not play around, she's murdering people

Murder is a strong word. She was defending herself against human aggression.
    Don’t know if you’re playing it up or being serious but she’s flat out killed people which goes against even Krakoa’s laws and is reveling in it. Her first murder was a grocery store manager who got snippy with her. Hell, the refinery workers didn’t even start the violence, the protesters did. They were just doing their jobs until that.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    One thing i have learned from reading this thread. You guys have no freaking clue what writing entails or character development. Just because you do not like something does not make it “bad writing”. It does not make it right wing propaganda. It’s stuff like this that really grinds my gears. You people personalize everything in order to play the victim when its just stories meant to entertain you. If you don’t like it then don’t read it. Man, you guys really put a bad taste in my mouth.
    I'm not sure how this develops the character of Nature Girl. I would figure the lesson of not murdering people to achieve your goal would be one that most X-Men are already familiar with. It feels regressive and poorly executed. If some like this story, that's fine, but the opposite should be just as fine as long as it doesn't get personal with the writer.

That being said, I'm interested on how this is supposed to be a "good" thing and entail development for Nature Girl? If the end result is Nature Girl realizing she went too far, that seems redundant given her character and the franchise she's in. Turning evil also feels too far left field considering it started from turtles without any progressive buildup.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    What's Gerry Duggan written before this? I never really heard his name much until Savage Avengers and Marauders.

Its bizarre how blase they're treating this in universe. Logan's all 'we need to find this girl to help her, maybe kill her and 'reset' her or something'. And Nature Girl is murdering scores talking about KILLING FEELS GREAT! How is this not a full blown disaster? The PR alone should be a crisis. My sympathy for the girl dried up when she killed that random gas station dude. I know people who work those jobs. They don't get paid nearly enough to put up with all the BS they have to handle.
    Seeing as one of my first jobs was as a convenience store clerk it should be obvious as to whose side I'm on. I will always choose working people over protestors.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Seeing as one of my first jobs was as a convenience store clerk it should be obvious as to whose side I'm on. I will always choose working people over protestors.
    But did you talk down to customers like that clerk did? I doubt it.

Clerk shouldn't have woken up on the wromg side of the bed. You never really know who you're talking to or what they'll do.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

But did you talk down to customers like that clerk did? I doubt it.

Clerk shouldn't have woken up on the wromg side of the bed. You never really know who you're talking to or what they'll do.
    It's still no justification for her actions.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm not sure how this develops the character of Nature Girl. I would figure the lesson of not murdering people to achieve your goal would be one that most X-Men are already familiar with. It feels regressive and poorly executed. If some like this story, that's fine, but the opposite should be just as fine as long as it doesn't get personal with the writer.

That being said, I'm interested on how this is supposed to be a "good" thing and entail development for Nature Girl? If the end result is Nature Girl realizing she went too far, that seems redundant given her character and the franchise she's in. Turning evil also feels too far left field considering it started from turtles without any progressive buildup.
    I am not talking about the story. I am talking about some of the people here and their behavior. It is beyond disgusting and the mods just allow it because why? It is directed at the creators instead of us? Pfft. I hold this thread in contempt and some of you are very disgusting. All in the name of not liking a story. Maybe it is time to stop reading xmen if you cannot form your criticisms in a civilized manner. Maybe you should do some soul searching. That is what i will be doing as i try and figure out why comic readers have gotten so damn toxic.

I am not talking about the story. I am talking about some of the people here and their behavior. It is beyond disgusting and the mods just allow it because why? It is directed at the creators instead of us? Pfft. I hold this thread in contempt and some of you are very disgusting. All in the name of not liking a story. Maybe it is time to stop reading xmen if you cannot form your criticisms in a civilized manner. Maybe you should do some soul searching. That is what i will be doing as i try and figure out why comic readers have gotten so damn toxic.
    “War” and conflict is profitable. Even if it’s not through violence having heated and uncivil exchanges of ideas is what brings people back for more.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I'm not sure what you are referring to but you mentioned writing and character development in your post so that threw me off.

Not sure what else to say.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Nobody is @-ing the creators on here. I know some discussions get pretty heated on some of the topics on this board, but I'm not really seeing anything I'd call disgusting in this one at least.

People don't have to like a comic book and are free to talk about it. Just because an arc is ongoing doesn't mean its free from criticism until its finished.

People in jobs like that convenience store don't get paid enough to put up with customer BS. Some random girl storms up to me and starts yelling at me for killing the planet and poisoning the turtles? I'd get snippy and call security.

BANNED

So, Nature Girl has condemned herself to the pit with Sabertooth, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    So, Nature Girl has condemned herself to the pit with Sabertooth, huh?
    They'd actually make quite a pair as villains. At this point, as stupid as her trigger was, it only makes sense for the story to end with Nature Girl as a villain. Alternatives are that she's put in the Pit or killed, resurrected and then put in the Pit.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Just let that sink in for a moment. The Hulk made tactical strikes that actually harmed a major evil conglomerate that is doing harm to the world. Meanwhile the mutant girl who up until now was a gentle soul is out there murdering innocent workers in a move that not only isn’t gonna do anything to help but actually ends up making more environmental damage. Who approved this story?
    Errr the Hulk is also a grown ass indestructible... invulnerable...man who has been privy to information that a young Chinese American girl has not. Like most I was shocked and disturbed by her decisions in her 1 (2 now) woman war...but this issue it kinda makes sense. LL is attuned to the Earth in ways we and even her fellow mutants can't understand. She feels the planet dying...the planet currently supporting the lives of billions of people and scores and scores of animals. Seeing someone deliberately hastening the death of the world would be like an in utero baby being aware of someone holding a gun to it's a mother's head and killing the gunman...the baby and LL are acting in self-defense

Should've taken your own advice and stopped reading the thread.

You'll be fine.
    Lawwwds the chill in this post is non-existent!
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    They'd actually make quite a pair as villains. At this point, as stupid as her trigger was, it only makes sense for the story to end with Nature Girl as a villain. Alternatives are that she's put in the Pit or killed, resurrected and then put in the Pit.
    Not them being the evil Wolverine and Kitty/Jubilee

Creator bashing is against the rules of CBR. I've read this whole thread and haven't seen anything that fits that description. Creator bashing isn't the same as criticism however, and there is plenty of criticism in this thread and that's perfectly acceptable. If you have a specific post or example report it or feel free to pm me and I'll take a closer look.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.