Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Every character is someone's favorite. This is just cruel and pointless.
    At this point, I genuinely wonder which is a worse sin from writers, character assassinating a character that they may consider minor to the point where they are unrecognizable or them straight up killing them off for shock value for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    The QC really needs a viable option when it comes to mutants with powers that might cause them to have mental disorders.
    So far their solution has been to throw them on a team with Sinister to get more traumatized

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    So far their solution has been to throw them on a team with Sinister to get more traumatized
    I took that approach as a convenient opportunity. Charles and Erik didn’t actually want a solution for them, they just wanted a distraction for them so they could focus on the nation building, and as Moira pointed out, stroking their egos. Nature Girl and Curse are prime examples of teaching them not just to control their powers, but also the virtues of introspection and temperance.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    At this point, I genuinely wonder which is a worse sin from writers, character assassinating a character that they may consider minor to the point where they are unrecognizable or them straight up killing them off for shock value for the same reason.
    Death. Death can be undone, but some damages can't. I still look upon my favorite character (not Hellion) and wish for his death, so that he may be free from wicked hands that change everything I ever liked about him.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Random theory: The turtle truly died and Nature Girl went to Nevada to complain, but the twist is that she got heat stroke while she was there and everything since then has been a hallucination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Maybe she's the one having a fever dream and it will turn out none of this actually happened.
    How about this? It's actualy the TURTLE'S dying dream and when we flash back to the real world Nature cries about the turtle for a day and then organizes the students and other volunteers, who get some solar powered and sailing ships and start cleaning the ocean up in a hundreds of miles wide radius around Krakoa and while streaming it, showcasing the origins of the garbage and what could be done about it.

All ending with dumping the collected plastic garbage on the grounds of the companies who produced it or dumbed it in the oceans.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-11-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I took that approach as a convenient opportunity. Charles and Erik didn’t actually want a solution for them, they just wanted a distraction for them so they could focus on the nation building, and as Moira pointed out, stroking their egos. Nature Girl and Curse are prime examples of teaching them not just to control their powers, but also the virtues of introspection and temperance.
    Well somebody failed at that.
    My flag is bacon.

Incredible Member

So this **** is writting by the new head of X, sigh.
    The X-Men renaissance is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    So this **** is writting by the new head of X, sigh.
    The X-Men renaissance is over.
    He's not Head of X. There's no such thing anymore.

What's Gerry Duggan written before this? I never really heard his name much until Savage Avengers and Marauders.

Its bizarre how blase they're treating this in universe. Logan's all 'we need to find this girl to help her, maybe kill her and 'reset' her or something'. And Nature Girl is murdering scores talking about KILLING FEELS GREAT! How is this not a full blown disaster? The PR alone should be a crisis. My sympathy for the girl dried up when she killed that random gas station dude. I know people who work those jobs. They don't get paid nearly enough to put up with all the BS they have to handle.

Mighty Member

This story makes no sense to me. Wasn't Nature Girl a mild mannered hero?

Now she's suddenly a mass murderer?

Then again, maybe she would work as a villain? One that is motivated by the thoughts of dying plant/animal life around the world? That might be an interesting take? Also, what happened to her friendship with Eyeyboy?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wow I think that this story may possibly put all the OOC of Krakoa to shame. They basically took a sweet girl who was in tune with nature and turned her into a human hating murderous echo terrorist. You’d really think that Chuck would either have sent in X-Force or the Marauders by now considering that this has got to be a PR nightmare or simply gotten off his ass and shut her down from across the globe since he’s got Cerebro to boost him and has shown he can use his TP on a global scale. Though in the plus, this is giving me ammo to post these things that I swear the writer watching when writing this

Duggan mentions Pyro watching Rick and Morty in one of the Marauders issues, so he's at least aware of the show, if not a fan.

I didn't know anything about Nature Girl before this, but I feel bad for her fans, since it sounds like this is a complete 180 of her character. And the thing that makes her snap is one turtle dying? I'm kinda hoping at this point that there's a fake-out, and it turns out to all be a dream or something. Maybe Xavier sensed her running off with murderous intent, and this has all been a psychic therapy session to work through her anger.

Incredible Member

How does a curse kills?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    How about this? It's actualy the TURTLE'S dying dream and when we flash back to the real world Nature cries about the turtle for a day and then organizes the students and other volunteers, who get some solar powered and sailing ships and start cleaning the ocean up in a hundreds of miles wide radius around Krakoa and while streaming it, showcasing the origins of the garbage and what could be done about it.

All ending with dumping the collected plastic garbage on the grounds of the companies who produced it or dumbed it in the oceans.
    I like it; Nature Girl helping the turtle to have a hopeful death sounds more like her. I'm also very amused by the idea that she helped the turtle dream a subplot of Logan being tricked into hunting a bunch of foxes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    How does a curse kills?
    she curses some to fall, he cracks his head open on a rock. she says she's not to blame because the inertia of the fall killed him so blaming her for anything is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    What's Gerry Duggan written before this? I never really heard his name much until Savage Avengers and Marauders.

Its bizarre how blase they're treating this in universe. Logan's all 'we need to find this girl to help her, maybe kill her and 'reset' her or something'. And Nature Girl is murdering scores talking about KILLING FEELS GREAT! How is this not a full blown disaster? The PR alone should be a crisis. My sympathy for the girl dried up when she killed that random gas station dude. I know people who work those jobs. They don't get paid nearly enough to put up with all the BS they have to handle.
    He’s written Sam Alexander’s Nova, Uncanny Avengers post Secret Wars, a really great Deadpool run and the Doc Green storyline in Hulk just off the top of my head. Normally his stuff is at least decent so no idea why this story is so terrible.