Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    What kind of thinking is that? It’s basic cause and effect that she set into motion. What a sociopath.
    She is a young kid. Not a grown-up. Kids think like that.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Just caught up with all the issues. This latest arc is insane. I hope it’s a dream/nightmare.

I'm definitely in the minority here but I'm kind of digging this story. It's completely bonkers and I never would've expected to like it but I do. Mostly due to the copious amounts of dogs and that Logan is in it but Nature Girl and Curse are entertaining as heck in this. It's like reading the diary of a mad woman and her just as mad friend. All that being said I'm sorry to the Nature Girl fans out there that she was chosen as the sacrificial lamb.

Side note: say what you want about the story, the artist is really good on this book.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'm definitely in the minority here but I'm kind of digging this story. It's completely bonkers and I never would've expected to like it but I do. Mostly due to the copious amounts of dogs and that Logan is in it but Nature Girl and Curse are entertaining as heck in this. It's like reading the diary of a mad woman and her just as mad friend. All that being said I'm sorry to the Nature Girl fans out there that she was chosen as the sacrificial lamb.

Side note: say what you want about the story, the artist is really good on this book.
    There are multiple problems for me with this arc. The biggest one is the disregard for character. We have seen these turns before but I sincerely hoped that as the medium matured these things would fall away. This time it’s nature girl. Next time it can be almost anyone. The only ones that are safe are the ones who are to big to fall like Logan.

No character is indestructible. It’s so hard to predict the damage. Bishop got this treatment with Messiah complex. Only now is he really coming back. Still the stories aren’t resolved as much as they are patched up with a retcon. It’s so hard to build up a character and keep them in circulation. But so easy to destroy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post

Tbh, I feel exactly the same way. On the one hand, the story has me hooked; on the other, I would hate to be in the position fans of Nature Girl are in right now. I'm still holding out hope that it's some kind of nightmare (Nightmare is popping up tomorrow in X-Men, also written by Duggan). We'll see.

I'm LOVING this. I think this is a great turn for Nature Girl, for me the character just became a lot more fun and exciting. She is a woman with a mission, much more than just a sympathetic young mutant, we have a lot of those by now and for characters to survive long enough these days, they need a very especific trait and she just got that. And this is a very timely subject, this might give her legs.

If in the end they forgive her and she tries to be more reasonable, I can think of a lot of situations she would be a great team member. There are a lot of characters who have done worse and were forgiven. Maybe in her trial, krakoa itself will make a case for her saving nature and not throwing her on the pit. They must always respect the island wishes, right?!

Extraordinary Member

So she's discount Poison Ivy now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    So she's discount Poison Ivy now.....
    How dare you?

She's luxury Emphatic Elk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    I am worried that Duggan and White think this is what minorities and ecologists want. This is right wing propaganda.
    That's a serious possibility, even if the end has a "it was all a dream/hallucination/mind manipulation" type of twist, the story so far is like the perfect setup for some people to showcase it over and over as the "This is what *THE ENEMY* (who ever they see as such) believes everyone should do!".

And it's not like one can make the excuse that it's a villain, which the reader is automatically supposed to disagree with (either fundamentaly or in them going too far if it's an understandable cause), no this is a character till now meant to be a hero.

There is such a thing as bad publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea I genuinely wonder, do they honestly think that this is empowering? Honestly, Duggan’s gonna have to come up with one hell of a cop out for her not to end up in the pit because she at this point has a higher body count during the Krakoa era than most X-Men villains.
    I had to remember Gene Nation. Mutant youths of Morlock heritage who in their first appearance killed a bunch of party goers in a nightclub because they were envious of their "normality" and because they felt it was fun.

They were pretty much designed to be so vile and radical that Storm would look reasonable in ripping their leader's heart out.

What Nature Girl is doing in these chapters sound a lot like what Gene Nation members liked to do in their few appearances. This version of her would fit right in. She would just need a less natural skin tone, some weird 90's outfit and an edgier or weirder code name.

However Gene Nation was the result of a whole generation of Morlock children living 20 or more years in a toxic dimension where they spend their entire day fighting and killing each other to proof their worth, while also having grow up on mutant rethoric blaming all their problems on normal humans.
    So cruelity, fanatism and extremism was all they were raised on.

Now imagine this version of Nature Girl next to a Gene Nation member presenting their reasonings:

Hemingway: "I became cruel and murderous because my whole life, every time when i wasn't attacking my own kin, i was attacked by them. It was a fight to the blood every day, killed or be killed. All while the sunlight would scorch the earth, rock fragments would hail down upon us like swords and acid rain burned the skin off. So i thought, all these happy humans who breath fresh air, life in comfortable homes and sleep in warm beds. I will make them share my suffering. What's your reason for hating humans?" (You may read this in Kevin Grevioux voice).

Nature Girl: "I saw a sea turtle that died from chocking on a plastic bag from Owens Groceries in Las Vegas! Death to all humans!".

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Watching people on the forums over-react is more fun than the story tbh.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    How dare you?

She's luxury Emphatic Elk.
    That's a nice description

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Watching people on the forums over-react is more fun than the story tbh.
    Agreed, which speaks to the quality of the story more than anything else

haven't read it. But I love the idea of a new villain similar to Poison Ivy, etc. Why are people so mad about it? It is not there was ANYTHING interesting going on with the character Nature Girl before.....so let her turn against humanity and become a hero for earth.

We have more than enough goody good shoe little x-men who are without character development...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yes. Why are people mad about a character they love get portrayed out of character?

/s

Only reason I'm not upset is because I have faith that Duggan won't Aaron us.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yes. Why are people mad about a character they love get portrayed out of character?

/s

Only reason I'm not upset is because I have faith that Duggan won't Aaron us.
    "To Aaron" is the new grammatical verb of this board. The fact that we all know what it means without actually knowing it speak volumes...

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Also also, don't bees die painfully if they sting people? So did Nature Girl just condemn those insects to suicide attacks for their cause?
    Domestic honeybees have barbed stingers that often do get stuck in mammalian skin and rip out their guts when they sting someone. Most [wild] bee species do not have barbed stingers, so can sting multiple times without injuring themselves.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!