Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Domestic honeybees have barbed stingers that often do get stuck in mammalian skin and rip out their guts when they sting someone. Most [wild] bee species do not have barbed stingers, so can sting multiple times without injuring themselves.
    Wouldn't it be insane, perhaps even advantageous, if human beings had a similar mechanism triggered upon killing someone?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    I am worried that Duggan and White think this is what minorities and ecologists want. This is right wing propaganda.
    It is, but the worst part is that I don't think it's intentional.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Wouldn't it be insane, perhaps even advantageous, if human beings had a similar mechanism triggered upon killing someone?
    I don't want my guts falling out after I murder people, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    I am worried that Duggan and White think this is what minorities and ecologists want. This is right wing propaganda.
    A cartoon book with a girl with horns growing out of her head killing humans for polluting the planet is right-wing propaganda.

Can't believe you wrote that.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 10-12-2021 at 09:56 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    haven't read it. But I love the idea of a new villain similar to Poison Ivy, etc. Why are people so mad about it? It is not there was ANYTHING interesting going on with the character Nature Girl before.....so let her turn against humanity and become a hero for earth.

We have more than enough goody good shoe little x-men who are without character development...
    The problem isn't that she's gone discount Poison Ivy, it's that the story as presented so far makes her look remarkably stupid and hypocritical. Whether that's deliberate or a failure in the writing, we won't know until the story wraps.

Mighty Member

The big issue is Nature Girl was never like this before

Her reasoning is childish

And we just had 2 major Ecoterrorist villains in the last year. And they both did it way cooler than she did.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    A cartoon book with a girl with horns growing out of her head killing humans for polluting the planet is right-wing propaganda.

Can't believe you wrote that.
    Of course it is- although, like I said, it probably isn't intentional. This an environmental activist murdering ordinary people who are just doing their jobs in cruel ways because she's mad about a dead turtle, without showing any remorse. Even the regular human protesters attack the ordinary workers and don't seem to react too hard about the murdered workers. Hell, she might as well wear a T-shirt saying "AOC 2024" at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    The big issue is Nature Girl was never like this before

Her reasoning is childish

And we just had 2 major Ecoterrorist villains in the last year. And they both did it way cooler than she did.
    She was never like this but we haven't seen a lot of her for a while. Maybe she was pressed, irritated with the way humans treat the environment and seeing that turtle die was the last she could handle and she snapped. People change after all and since she is a small character, we won't see everything she goes through before this and it's ok.

And yeah, it is not "super cool" what she is doing, but it is a personal journey she is going through, it is not supposed to be like the end of things and she is a super villian now. She is just very angry and stopped waiting for other people to solve things, she wants to do it herself.

That's how I see it at least and I think it's cool. But that's just my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I don't want my guts falling out after I murder people, thank you.
    Chiiile… 😂

Would Eye Boy be turned on? Idk.

Its hard for me to see this as some kind of personal growth journey for her when she's killing the people at the bottom of the totem poll of responsibility for the environmental damage. Plus I've been a stickler for this entire relaunch of how they treated the 'Kill No Man' rule with such importance only to add a million asterisks to it. Its just such a nasty, mean spirited take on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its hard for me to see this as some kind of personal growth journey for her when she's killing the people at the bottom of the totem poll of responsibility for the environmental damage.
    Bingo. If she was going after the head of Roxxon or something, I think a lot of folks would be having a very different reaction to this story. But killing a grocery store manager? Pipeline workers? It's nothing but a body count to make herself feel better. What she's done hasn't saved one animal life or made any positive impact to the environment. She'd literally do more good mailing $5 to PETA. I'm sure Duggan knows this, and Wolverine will almost certainly make this point if this isn't all a dream, psychic illusion, etc, but yeesh.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 10-12-2021 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Bingo. If she was going after the head of Roxxon or something, I think a lot of folks would be having a very different reaction to this story. But killing a grocery store manager? Pipeline workers? It's nothing but a body count to make herself feel better. What she's done hasn't saved one animal life or made any positive impact to the environment. She'd literally do more good mailing $5 to PETA. I'm sure Duggan knows this, and Wolverine will almost certainly make this point if this isn't all a dream, psychic illusion, etc, but yeesh.
    Now I'm reminded of the arc in Immortal Hulk where Hulk made tactical strikes on Roxxon data centers, so as to harm very few people but to take out their entire online and TV presence, and nuke their bottom line in the process. Their CEO even says that the Hulk accomplished the unthinkable; he actually harmed Roxxon.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Now I'm reminded of the arc in Immortal Hulk where Hulk made tactical strikes on Roxxon data centers, so as to harm very few people but to take out their entire online and TV presence, and nuke their bottom line in the process. Their CEO even says that the Hulk accomplished the unthinkable; he actually harmed Roxxon.
    Just let that sink in for a moment. The Hulk made tactical strikes that actually harmed a major evil conglomerate that is doing harm to the world. Meanwhile the mutant girl who up until now was a gentle soul is out there murdering innocent workers in a move that not only isn’t gonna do anything to help but actually ends up making more environmental damage. Who approved this story?

One thing i have learned from reading this thread. You guys have no freaking clue what writing entails or character development. Just because you do not like something does not make it “bad writing”. It does not make it right wing propaganda. It’s stuff like this that really grinds my gears. You people personalize everything in order to play the victim when its just stories meant to entertain you. If you don’t like it then don’t read it. Man, you guys really put a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Just let that sink in for a moment. The Hulk made tactical strikes that actually harmed a major evil conglomerate that is doing harm to the world. Meanwhile the mutant girl who up until now was a gentle soul is out there murdering innocent workers in a move that not only isn’t gonna do anything to help but actually ends up making more environmental damage. Who approved this story?
    Murder is a strong word. She was defending herself against human aggression.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    One thing i have learned from reading this thread. You guys have no freaking clue what writing entails or character development. Just because you do not like something does not make it “bad writing”. It does not make it right wing propaganda. It’s stuff like this that really grinds my gears. You people personalize everything in order to play the victim when its just stories meant to entertain you. If you don’t like it then don’t read it. Man, you guys really put a bad taste in my mouth.
    Should've taken your own advice and stopped reading the thread.

You'll be fine.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 10-12-2021 at 09:25 PM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!