Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Does Anyone Think the Key To Mutant Survival is the Death of Moira X?

Destiny did say she saw 10 maybe 11 lives for Moira and she also said that the only way her reincarnation power is to end is for her to die before her powers manifest. SO, that being said, if we're currently in her 10th life then she has to die as a child in her 11th or that would mean there would be a 12th, right?

I think Cable depowers her using the Forge-created power nullifier gun (that he’s seen holding in the HoX/PoX promo image) and fakes her death, thus freeing her to live her “11th life” as she no longer has to remain locked away and protected.

This is the 11th life that Destiny potentially saw, and adult Cable was the key to it. He and Moira have a long-standing relationship as she’s actually the first person he met upon coming back to this era and he helped her build Muir Island. That would be a cool way to end the Moira X threat of resetting the timeline while moving into the 2nd Krakoan age.

Fantastic Member

Cable coming out of nowhere to end "Moria X" when he's had zero involvement in the plot up to this point would be an absolutely terrible ending.

It needs to be either Erik/Charles/Mystique or Destiny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Cable coming out of nowhere to end "Moria X" when he's had zero involvement in the plot up to this point would be an absolutely terrible ending.

It needs to be either Erik/Charles/Mystique or Destiny.
    Considering the whole Moira X thing relies on a "pulled out of their ass" retcon in the first place, that would be a perfectly appropriate Deus Ex Machina sort of ending.

It's hard to say because thinking about it further what has Moira really provided to the era. Information that can't really be confirmed, information that really can't be questioned. Even the fact that she doesn't want destiny revived is pretty much a personal vendetta but then you add on top of that why no precog at all, blindfold has never done anything to Moira nor has any other precog that we know of. It seems that to me, the lack of precogs makes moira become more of an "asset" as in she is the only one with "future" knowledge but even given her knowledge nothing she has contributed has stopped anything yet, or been a success. Arguably her biggest success so far with her knowledge is bringing MAgneto and Charles back together.

Yet she hides behind the "we always lose." But that's the basic information she gave Charles and Magneto and what they are currently operating on so it also adds the question why does she feel she is the only one that can handle the idea of "mutants always lose" Why doesn't she want people to see there may be other ways or to have an idea of what is coming. Surely Destiny, or the precog of choice can keep information on the low just as well as Moira and co are keeping her existence as such.

Maybe Moira wants her first life back, maybe she regrets she was robbed of that simple life where she had kids, had a long life and died in peace surrounded by her family. I wouldn't be suprised to find out if she is angered becoming a mutant essentially robbed her of her happy ending she thought she had.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-12-2021 at 07:05 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I've been thinking about this subject ever since Powers of X
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Considering the whole Moira X thing relies on a "pulled out of their ass" retcon in the first place, that would be a perfectly appropriate Deus Ex Machina sort of ending.
    Not only that, but we’re one issue into this thing.

I find it interesting that when asked if making peace with the machines has ever been tried she repeatly dodges the question.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    I find it interesting that when asked if making peace with the machines has ever been tried she repeatly dodges the question.
    Great point. And highly interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Slow clap at the cool reply...

Yeah, I thought that when they first mentioned the limit to Moira's lives and that she could never seem to change things. But I was hoping that they would not go that (obvious) route. However, they may indeed be heading there.....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

It may be too late for Moira's death to matter (depending on which of these two scenarios is true) May be a long read but hopefully it gets you thinking..

A breakdown of clues that Moira is indeed a villain. Before you get to reading this hold the words of Destiny for a moment ‘There will be an Island not the First but The last’ Ok let’s move forward and I may show you why this may be the critical clue to what I believe fits like hand in glove with Moira’s ultimate goal…I have pondered on HoX Pox for long and there are subtle clues seeded especially in the Powers of X books. Let’s start in life 6 the longest life.In powers of X6 The Librarian was conflicted ,because he probably had residual human individuality when he said “I question the wisdom of it, becoming.. something immaterial. Do I let you die and perhaps in our next life you can prevent our becoming part of the universal machine state’ How I this important?... well just before he explained ‘If you die before our phalanx makes it to the nearest black hole[Dominion],then all that I know will not become part of[known to] the Dominion..When you annihilate this reality[upon your death) then you’ll be right back where you started( i.e free to avert the Phalanx/Dominion ascension of homo novissima)… but if you live past my becoming god..then existing beyond space and time we will know you forever.’ Now back up to Powers ofX4 The Librarian learns that ascension ‘does not work with biological entities..so the Elder made a host machine, an empty vessel and copied himself over to it before the Phalanx absorbed it’ So as a mutant Moira could not be absorbed by the phalanx. Now where it all could come together is in House of X3 Look at the black line of Moira’s life X we are shown that Xavier or Magneto have had a schism by year 47 while Moira fakes her death with the Shiar Golem in year 50, Supporting this course of events is Moira’s own diary in entry number 52, we learn the Xavier –Magneto schism has happened when she says ‘we have lost Magneto’ on the heels of that Moira says in entry 57 ‘Charles and I will use a Shiar Golem – a living husk ..and properly prepared genetic material and a backup copy from Cerebro. We will fake my death using a replica and I will return to the Shadows where I belong’ So basically the takeaway is what we think is life 10 is actually happening twice,It is life 10 on the map that is why House of x is year 52 but it is life 11 where year 52 is called year one! The timeline of life 11 really deviates from life 10 in year 52 … Xavier is going through a déjà vu when meeting the golem at the fair-the Year1 in Powers of x6 but he doesn’t remember or understand how. So in essence the ruse Magneto and Xavier are falling for is that they think the Moira they know is human(she was human in life 10), when in fact the one they know now is a machine (the golem in life 11) The faking of her death being the last entry in her journal says this is yet to happen .While this ‘faking of death’ was yet to happen in life 10 in the journal , the map shows us the event already occurred leaving us in little doubt that we are actually in life 11 already .Now that we have our plausible theory we ask the big question if the Golem existed in life 10, why is it in life 11?

1] Everything in life 11 happens exactly as it did in life 10 by design , in life 11 the real Moira despite her earlier misgivings on recruiting Sinister, tried it herself. In all likelihood armed with knowledge of life 10 she and Sinister created the golem in life 11 at an earlier point and this very Golem is walking in her exact footsteps with all her memories of life 10(alternatively it could be using her life 10 journal just like we know Moira in life 10 is holding the journal of life 3). If the ‘loss of magneto’ happens in life 11 differently than it did in life 10, could Inferno be this very schism? Notice Xavier and Magneto are both resurrected by Emma, we can ask ourselves who kills them? Is it that they kill each other or is it Moira’s golem to cover her tracks? Perhaps it’s the latter because they discover her journal revealing that Krakoa is not a novel reality but has already existed once before [remember what Destiny said] and maybe this infuriates Magneto to go after Xavier because he allowed to get duped ..(that maybe an embellishment but it is a valid presumption.) It is just as likely that the golem kills them because the date of the Phalanx arrival in her journal is discovered by them and it is to be much sooner than anticipated leaving us in no doubt that the Golem is setting up events to ascend to the Phalanx.

2] A similar but even more dangerous scenario is Moira has ultimately suceeded … in life 10 Moira thought of everything. She had the Golem created ready for the ascension to be activated just before her own death in life 10. Life 10 happened just like life 6 thousands of years -or a century if she moved pieces in place for mutants to lose sooner-into the future the Golem ascends as an artifice, while real Moira dies like any biological organism. As a result of the successful ascension when Moira reincarnated in life 11 she has knowledge fed to her by the Phalanx to destroy Krakoa much sooner. That would explain why she is hiding from Destiny because Destiny knows what she did and also why Destiny isn’t certain whether she was seeing her living 10 or 11 lives precisely because the 11th resurrection is ‘unnatural’ and even explains why Destiny sees the island twice. If this were true either way it would show that (i) Assuming that Moira is innocent Xavier’s idea embracing machines caused all their problems -the golem is going rogue in life 11 to avenge its destruction in life 10 (ii)Possibly Moira is devious as hell. (Iii) The only way left to stop losing is for Xmen to destroy the Phalanx and Dominions in a galactic/cosmic war.

*Disclaimer* maybe the writers have other plans..and my imagination is way out there ..we wait and see.
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-12-2021 at 12:42 PM.

mfs in here talmbout befriending sentinels and ****...

Mighty Member

I think this is life 10th. And it will end horribly.

Moira will be reborn for an eleventh life and be killed before her powers manifest.

Mutants will know that the previous life still failed, and that's the life where they had it best. They still face extinction and know that there will be no more do-overs with Moira out the picture. Resurrections will probably also be done for.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

How about story survival from the most dumb idea Marvel had in quite some time. And thats saying something.