Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Really good interview, kinda surprised that no one mentioned that he wanted to do a Shonin Jump style method for the X-Line.

He wanted cheap disposable mystery trade paperbacks that cost 9.99 and you wouldn't know the contents it could have been X-Men or X-Factor or something else in the X-Universe.

Man that would have upended the comics industry if Marvel had the balls to go for it.

I also love how much he loves his collaborators and how much he wants to take care of them.
    Maybe I’m misreading but that’s not how Shonen Jump works. You know which manga is inside. It’s well advertised if say One Piece is taking a break + most series are weekly anyways. That’s very different than opening up a comic hoping for it to be Hellions and SIKE it’s X-Corp.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Maybe I’m misreading but that’s not how Shonen Jump works. You know which manga is inside. It’s well advertised if say One Piece is taking a break + most series are weekly anyways. That’s very different than opening up a comic hoping for it to be Hellions and SIKE it’s X-Corp.
    Oh I don't know I've never read any Shonin Jump, I'm just repeating what Hickman said in the interview

What he said about Shonen Jump is what became Dawn of X and Reign of X trades, but they decided to have the same usual price. Hickman wanted the same, but cheaper. He said these trades were still a success, but he thinks the cheaper version could be a great experiment and maybe sell even more.

He just meant that not every trade would have a X-force issue for example, this month you could have X-factor and Excalibur instead (but of course you'd know what is inside lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    What he said about Shonen Jump is what became Dawn of X and Reign of X trades, but they decided to have the same usual price. Hickman wanted the same, but cheaper. He said these trades were still a success, but he thinks the cheaper version could be a great experiment and maybe sell even more.

He just meant that not every trade would have a X-force issue for example, this month you could have X-factor and Excalibur instead (but of course you'd know what is inside lol)
    Ah that makes sense! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah it doesn't work like that at all. You know when something is on break, when it isn't and you have a good idea what the story is because they are continuous stories.

edit: Ahh I should have read weather post before responding. That makes much more sense indeed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/