Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Should some of the X books or upcoming book change Status Quo

I was wondering books like X-factor, Hellions, Cable etc.
    These books might not be coming back as of next year.
    Should they have a new status quo in a world that fears and hates and now wants them gone?
    If they do come back?
    What would be your suggestion. Even the books that are still functioning X-men Wolverine, X-force, new status?
    Should there be a Uncanny X book as well?

Some will change status quo, some won’t come back at all as they tighten up the X-line a bit, and we’ll get some additional limited series like the Sabretooth one coming in January.

I guess I’d want to know more by what you mean by status quo. Should they go back to the school, I’d say no. Should the go to space and spend a year with the Shi’ar fighting the Phallanx inevitability, I’d say yes.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I guess I’d want to know more by what you mean by status quo. Should they go back to the school, I’d say no. Should the go to space and spend a year with the Shi’ar fighting the Phallanx inevitability, I’d say yes.
    I personally wouldn't mind a return to the X-mansion. I miss the days of a simple and small X-squad staying at the X-Mansion, kinda like the animated series. Keep the rest of the mutants on Krakoa for all I care, but I prefer to read about my favorites chillin at the mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I personally wouldn't mind a return to the X-mansion. I miss the days of a simple and small X-squad staying at the X-Mansion, kinda like the animated series. Keep the rest of the mutants on Krakoa for all I care, but I prefer to read about my favorites chillin at the mansion.
    I’m cool with that some day, but not yet. We’ve got decades of stories at the school but only 2 years on Krakoa. I’m not ready to go home yet lol.

Nightcrawler also gave the mansion to those aliens that had megan wyngarde creating those illusions to keep people away so hopefully they aren't in a rush anytime soon to evict them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Maybe the X-Men should run a special reverse of the school by running a hosting retreat spot or camp for humans related to mutants on Krakoa having a tour or joint lectures. With the right carriculum it could be a fun twist of the classic take. You'd have the teacher a few mutants, a few humans friends or relatives key to seeing how their kin are doing I don't know if they can have a crack at it but if written well it could work. QC will have to agree to running such a program.At least it would make Krakoa less alien and closed off from the rest of the world. Galas and flaunting wealth is not the way(certainly not the only way)to build bridges anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Maybe the X-Men should run a special reverse of the school by running a hosting retreat spot or camp for humans related to mutants on Krakoa having a tour or joint lectures. With the right carriculum it could be a fun twist of the classic take. You'd have the teacher a few mutants, a few humans friends or relatives key to seeing how their kin are doing I don't know if they can have a crack at it but if written well it could work. QC will have to agree to running such a program.At least it would make Krakoa less alien and closed off from the rest of the world. Galas and flaunting wealth is not the way(certainly not the only way)to build bridges anyway
    I like this idea, could be an entire book about what happens at the school. Call it 'X-Campus' like that alternate universe book from a while back.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Although I think the characters in X-Men will undergo significant changes, the powers that be better keep that team together post-Inferno, at least until next summer. I love how the new book is essentially a hybrid of the X-Mansion and Krakoa eras. I definitely want to see this book continue, even if they do change the roster every year, which, of course, is not what I want.

Incredible Member

Keep Krakoa, throw the Quit Council and The X-Force into the pit.
    Destroy the X-Mansion so we never go back to that shithole.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’m cool with that some day, but not yet. We’ve got decades of stories at the school but only 2 years on Krakoa. I’m not ready to go home yet lol.
    Why not both? They could have a faction of the X-Men operate out of the X-Mansion for some purpose. Hell, they could make use of the Krakoan gate network to basically turn their previous bases whether it be the Xavier School, Utopia, the Treehouse, etc into a series of hubs that allow them to interact more closely with the MU while maintaining a direct connection to Krakoa.

Mighty Member

I mean any book is capable of being a success but until Marvel hires better writers we are going to be stuck just being a storyboard medium for the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Why not both? They could have a faction of the X-Men operate out of the X-Mansion for some purpose. Hell, they could make use of the Krakoan gate network to basically turn their previous bases whether it be the Xavier School, Utopia, the Treehouse, etc into a series of hubs that allow them to interact more closely with the MU while maintaining a direct connection to Krakoa.
    This is a great idea!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I mean any book is capable of being a success but until Marvel hires better writers we are going to be stuck just being a storyboard medium for the MCU
    You are right, throw Tini Howard, Benjamin Percy and Gerry Duggan into the pit then. Jury still out on Vita Ayala.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That’s kind of what we have now, xcept it’s a tree house not the school. I’d be cool with that as long as the mutants are still united. I like Apocalypse showing up to the party with Charles and Erik.