Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Each company has mini series set in their own individual multiverses.

DC:

The Book of Revelation. This stars characters associated with the Supernatural and Paranormal as the JLDark are investigating the God sphere and how the different pantheons are falling apart as fallen warrior angels are killing off mythological gods.

The Fall of Oa. The different emotion corps are losing their powers as each of their batteries are being snuffed out by a strange cosmic force that they have never dealt with before.

The Time Trap. Superman returns from Warworld to discover HIS Legion has came from the future to warn him of the false Legion that has helped establish the new United Planets of the 21st century that has been orchestrated to destroy the time stream by the Time Trapper and his colleague, Hank Henshaw in the form of the aged up Jon Kent.

MARVEL:

The Ragnorok of Souls. Dr Strange and Thor must stop Hela and Loki from unleashing the true Ragnorok as Asgard is in flames and the Norse Gods fall into Hel.

Empyre’s End. The Skrulls and the Kree must join together with the help of The Marvels and Hulkling to defeat an unknown threat from destroying their galaxy

The Deal of Destruction. Mephisto’s deal with Peter Parker back during OMD has finally set up consequences that shake the world as a May Day from a different timeline has dropped in in hopes of righting the wrong that was “The Deal” before time collapses on itself.

After these end, a one shot from each company are released. In DC’s Superman, Booster Gold, Batman, Damien and Kyle Rayner go in search for the true Jon (Kyle because he is the only ring slinger with powers and Booster, because, well, time). They find him being held by the cosmic force that destroyed the power batteries. In MARVEL’S, Captain America, Carol Danvers, Spider-girl from the alternate universe and Scarlet Witch travel to the ends of the universe to use the infinity gems to stop the destructive force from destroying the multiverse only to discover the cosmic force.

The cosmic force in both universes is a shadowed version of Access called The Joining, whose purpose is to destroy all things throughout all multiverses in order to remake reality in his image with out the pantheons of gods or space empires or cosmic police to get in his way. The Joiner has been driven mad by having to live in all realities at once and his mind has been broken. Over the years, he has SECRETLY organized this CRISIS to make things unified so he can live one life, not multiple.

This leads into DC AND MARVELS…Secret Crisis.

Spectacular Member

A fissure in the Multiverse causes Darkseid and Thanos to see each-other and they plan to "join forces" to take over the other's Earth.

A simple story to start it off will feature Timothy "Dum Dum" Dugan and Pat "Stripsey" Dugan discovering they are dimensional counterparts of each other.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    A simple story to start it off will feature Timothy "Dum Dum" Dugan and Pat "Stripsey" Dugan discovering they are dimensional counterparts of each other.
    And it's written by Gerry Duggan, lol

Buried Alien reemerges and begins remembering his life as Barry Allen. it's revealed he actually came from the DC universe after the Death Metal event and working with The Totality. He arrived, time-displaced and amnesiac, in the Marvel universe all those years ago trying to find help from other multiverses to protect the earth from some threat out in the greater Omniverse.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-14-2021 at 01:59 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Introduce the plot elements in threbooks not considered important by public or low sales then slowly move up from there

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Buried Alien reemerges and begins remembering his life as Barry Allen. it's revealed he actually came from the DC universe after the Death Metal event and working with The Totality. He arrived, time-displaced and with amnesia, in the Marvel universe all those years ago while trying to to find help from other multiverses to protect the earth from some threat from the greater Omniverse.
    That's nice. It really gels with both universes.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Introduce the plot elements in threbooks not considered important by public or low sales then slowly move up from there
    What do you mean by that? Interested but confused.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

The secret crisis is that everyone wakes up and realizes that they are all living on the same world/universe/multiverse.

There is no "DC", no "Marvel". There is only the Now.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The secret crisis is that everyone wakes up and realizes that they are all living on the same world/universe/multiverse.

There is no "DC", no "Marvel". There is only the Now.
    NOW Comics went out of business many years ago, didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    NOW Comics went out of business many years ago, didn't it?
    Yes, I believe so.

This then, would be the twist of the limon: Now is not then, but Now and there is only the Now.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    What do you mean by that? Interested but confused.
    Well usually they make a list on which title gets involved with the crossover, with banners atop the comic issue, lots of news, and all that. I don't want that. I want stealth storytelling elements. You think it's gonna happen in the big books like Superman or Spider-Man but no, the seeds of the plot is already planted in books like... umm... which one has the lower sales numbers? Then as the plot grows, it starts to creep to books like Batman until it blows up in Secret Crisis #1

I imagine it like Invasion of The Body Snatchers. Start the invasion in the remote village, then slowly spread to the city. The village is the lower selling books.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man shoots his webbing towards the roof of a skyscraper and inexplicably misses, causing him to plummet 25 stories to the street, where he face-plants into a Hostess fruit pie. John Constantine is spotted laughing in a nearby alley.

Astonishing Member

I've been writing this in my head for a while.

For it to be an effective "Secret Crisis" I'd actually run a "COUNTDOWN" to kick-start it in only two comics, one Marvel and one DC, although neither would be advertised as being that until the last page of the last issue of each of that year, where two issues that came out on the same day feed into one another SHOCK for the crossover to begin. Then, the next day once everyone in the Online comics sphere were like "WTF JUST HAPPENED ZOMG WAIT WHAT" I'd put out a Coda, free online, a double-page spread, promising, yes, this is real, this is a thing, and the thing that you're like "WAIT DOES THIS MEAN?" (because within each issue while it's clear what is happening, the implications are staggering enough that it could skeptically be written off as coincidence".

The two books would be DC's Superman and Marvel's Thor. The obvious choices. But not for the reasons you think. Over the course of the year Superman would be dealing with three or four arcs worth of natural cool Superman stories - good stories, while working with Jimmy on a "Good Things in Metropolis" story as Clark Kent that's like the D or even E Plot, and it's honestly also Jimmy's C-Plot because most of his story is going to be about working things out with his girlfriend and fixing trouble with his roommate and keeping Perry from yelling at him with at least one "captured by Superman's enemy" tangent. Thor's story would be an escalating opera of cosmic ironies, as well as a bit of Rom-Com and fish-out-of-water bits. And then in the last issue of Thor, SUDDEN RAGNAROK and in the last issue of Superman, "BOOM" and a tremendously beaten up Thor smashes to the ground in front of Jimmy and Clark and everyone's cellphones start going PING PING PING PING PING.

I'd written a laundry list more but the website timed out and c'est la vie, frankly might be better to keep close to the chest, should I ever get a chance to write some of it or something similar. But yeah! Kirby Asgard meets Kirby Fourth World to kick start things, and probably an Arthurian bent with guys like Batman, Aquaman, Shining Knight and Jason Blood teaming up with Captain Britain and Black Knight. A chunk of "end of time/nowhere" mortal combat death matches between characters with a Ring Announcer referring to the Distinguished Competition and True Believers a lot ... a large chunk of story that takes place in "Fused Earth" where Earth-0 and 616 are totally fused like it's no big thing and only our heroes know and can work out how to reverse it before some kind of cosmic time bomb goes off. Lots of Kirby, but lots and lots of Early 1980s Characters & Concepts, the actual timeframe when Secret Wars and COIE happened, but all set contemporary, of course. You know, on "Fused Earth" on Krakoa Professor X puts on Cerebro and is shocked to find the most powerful Omega Mutant he's ever comprehended, and it's Mera the Sea Queen. Stuff like that. Fun with descriptives and pronouns - like one man's Mutant is another's Meta.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Spider-Man shoots his webbing towards the roof of a skyscraper and inexplicably misses, causing him to plummet 25 stories to the street, where he face-plants into a Hostess fruit pie. John Constantine is spotted laughing in a nearby alley.
    No, cannot. All of the Hostess Fruit Pies have gone missing. That is the Secret Crisis.