Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Superman & Lois mate. I’m pretty sure the Super Sons movie will be a direct to DVD like the Tomorrowverse is in general. Don’t think it’s a theatrical movie like the Krypto one.
    Completely forgot about Superman and Lois, but I think bifurcating Jon into two characters didn't help expand the character into the eyes of wider audiences so much so that I forgot it even existed.

We know very little about the Super Sons movie, so it could be something entirely unique like Into the Spider-Verse or it could be a generic, run of the mill DCAU-type movie. It could go either way.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Sure, sure, but it was going to be Black Batman and Hispanic Wonder Woman. Plus, the hype that was coming off Yara was nuts. She damn near had her own show.

Even being a very big fan of Jon as Superman-- and a fan of Jon in general-- if you'd have told me that in a year's time he'd be leading the pack like this, I'd have looked at you funny.

What really matters now is DC's next move with all this good will and their fan favorite writer.
    Yara book delays have hurt her and I don't feel Jace ever had a real chance.

Jon is the that has one of the few star writers in the business, love him or hate him, Taylor knows how to court non-comic book media and generate buzz for his books.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Wow they actually did it

People are going to say this came out of no way, like the Jay and Lois parallel wasn't a hint. Let me grab my popcorn
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Love it. Do I think that DC is playing it safe with 2 legacies being bi? yes. Are they just doing it for points? yes. But that's where you have to start unfortunately most of the time. I'll take it since comics is still very behind. Now i just hope that they keep up with it and dont sweep it under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Oh boy, the sensationalist headlines from today. “DC makes Superman bi-sexual”, “Superman is now gay”, etc. The people who only read headlines are losing their ****.
    And it is glorious.

Will this beat people talking about how Robin is dating Starfire when Tim came out? Tune in for the news at nine to find out more.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Gaters: "Why does DC make classic characters gay who used to be straight? Why don't they just create a new character to make gay?"

DC MAKES A NEW CHARACTER AND MAKES HIM BI

Gaters: "Why is DC forcing this on us?"
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Gaters: "Why does DC make classic characters gay who used to be straight? Why don't they just create a new character to make gay?"

DC MAKES A NEW CHARACTER AND MAKES HIM BI

Gaters: "Why is DC forcing this on us?"
    And I’m still seeing people complain about DC “changing” Jon to be bi anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Not much has changed though, his relationship with Saturn Girl was incredibly forgettable. Painfully forgettable even.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Pretty sure they weren't this angry when he went from 10 to 17 overnight. I guess some changes are more important than others.
    Assassinate Putin!

People are just painfully still homophobic *shrugs* and racist but that's a story for another day they'll whine regardless from their mothers basements.

Pretty sure they weren't this angry when he went from 10 to 17 overnight. I guess some changes are more important than others.
    LMAO

I get the feeling the anger from that change came from people who read Jon in supersons, while the outrage here is from people who saw a headline on twitter or facebook

Most of the complaints from people that know who the character is are just upset that he was aged up still. At least from what I've seen.

A lot of people complained and still complain. I don think they are the same group

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Most of the complaints from people that know who the character is are just upset that he was aged up still. At least from what I've seen.
    Age up complain have been constant, when PKj took over he had to answer a question about de-aging or not Jon. people were sad that he said that he would keep Jon as adult.

Saw this mentioned (Jon as bisexual) on the local news (WCBS Channel 2) out of New York City tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    A lot of people complained and still complain. I don think they are the same group

Age up complain have been constant, when PKj took over he had to answer a question about de-aging or not Jon. people were sad that he said that he would keep Jon as adult.
    Well, I suppose than now the de-aging it is impossible. Anyone asking for it is going to be labeled of anti-LGBT zealot.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin