Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I mean...I can't really complain since it keeps this guy from being a complete Lois clone the same way Jon is a New 52 Superman clone. I asked for differences and I guess I got 'em :/
    You do have a point there, the last bit anyway. Teen Jon really is a Nu 52 Sups clone in all but origin.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I still absolutely despise that he's not only a reporter but a Lois fanboy, at that. I thought the point of this book was for Jon to not be Clark. All he needs to do now is major in journalism -___-

I still absolutely despise that he's not only a reporter but a Lois fanboy, at that. I thought the point of this book was for Jon to not be Clark. All he needs to do now is major in journalism -___-
    Nah, don't be silly. The point is to have a Superman as close to the original in looks & mannerisms as possible but without 80 years of baggage that DC can take risks with. That was the entire reason they aged up Jon in the first place.

Edit Jon Kent has become not so much a character but rather a canvas they can throw **** at and see what sticks.

This is one my gripes on this whole age up thing that soured me the most as Jon have been much portrayed like a copy of Clark and hasn't really given something that is unique and not a lame hand me down stuff from his pops by giving him Lois Lane-adjacent character.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Who says he’s going to stay with Jay? You guys are assuming a lot.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Stay go I don't care. Teen Jon Kent still bores me to tears. Far more importantly, my main gripe is with Taylor for besmirching Lois lol.

I mean...which one of us said he was gonna stay with him? :P

I mean...which one of us said he was gonna stay with him? :P
    People are acting like Jon has proposed marriage or that he and Jay are going to stay together forever.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Amazing Member

People are acting like Jon has proposed marriage or that he and Jay are going to stay together forever.
    Oh yes, DC needs to explore possibilities with Jon, no need to connect him to anyone anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    Oh yes, DC needs to explore possibilities with Jon, no need to connect him to anyone anytime soon
    That’s how I feel. Let them date for a while but I’m 100% against Jon getting married any time soon. Or ever really.

Like with Tim Drake, I don't really care what happens to fake Jon. Unlike Tim, whom I neither like nor hate, fake Jon took the place of real Jon and has been either a big nothing burger (under Bendis), usurping Clark (current), or very poorly re-treading the same paths Marvel took (and it took years to decades to develop) by attempting the X-Magneto schtick, with possibly Dumbledore/Grindelwald thrown in.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Sure, sure, but it was going to be Black Batman and Hispanic Wonder Woman. Plus, the hype that was coming off Yara was nuts. She damn near had her own show.
    Thing is to keep the hype going, the comics have to deliver when they come out.
    Jace Fox Batman has not been particularly exciting sofar, and I have no read anything with Yara sofar, but if the writing is on the level of Joelle Jones previous Catwoman series, it is probably also that exciting.

Yara is a fucking awesome character. And so far her book has been really good. I do wish that she hadn't started out in her 20s, but aside from that I have no complaints. I wish Jon was still as fun as she is.

And Jace...Part of me feels like, as a black man, a black Batman should excite me. But I feel absolutely nothing for this character. At all. If it was Luke, I'd be excited. I've always liked Luke. But Jace really isn't clicking with me. I don't hate him. But I don't like him either.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Yara is a fucking awesome character. And so far her book has been really good. I do wish that she hadn't started out in her 20s, but aside from that I have no complaints. I wish Jon was still as fun as she is.

And Jace...Part of me feels like, as a black man, a black Batman should excite me. But I feel absolutely nothing for this character. At all. If it was Luke, I'd be excited. I've always liked Luke. But Jace really isn't clicking with me. I don't hate him. But I don't like him either.
    I haven't picked up Jace's comics but Static Shock is there if you want a fun comic with a Black MC.

Yara's appeal comes from the fact that her setting is unique in DC. She's a nice combination of coming of age, fantasy adventure and a little bit of romance.

Jon's just been slice of life and action so far, I think the biggest issue is that I couldn't find myself caring about any antagonist. Hopefully the next issue changes that.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I haven't picked up Jace's comics but Static Shock is there if you want a fun comic with a Black MC.
    Oh trust me, I've been reading Static and loving EVERY single page of it. Definitely in my #3 spot right now, just behind Robin and Nightwing.