Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Oh trust me, I've been reading Static and loving EVERY single page of it. Definitely in my #3 spot right now, just behind Robin and Nightwing.
    Same, I hope Ayala and Nikolas get to work together again.

I'm behind on Robin but where I last left off was good.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I mean...I can't really complain since it keeps this guy from being a complete Lois clone the same way Jon is a New 52 Superman clone. I asked for differences and I guess I got 'em :/
    Being new52 supes ain't bad...Jon doesn't really have the balls nor is he smashing cars and making statements.That's the kinda thing a goldenage supes does or new52 supes did at first..I don't see any resemblance between jay and lois.I see more clark with glasses..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Exactly. Any Jon fan worth their salt would under better circumstances be supportive of Jon being made bi.
    Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Not necessarily. The cool thing about the de-age Jon movement, if it can be called that, is it has been incredibly consistent in its messaging. Jon getting de-aged and Jon being bi are not mutually exclusive and are in fact things that can and need to coexist. De-aging Jon would actually be a sign of progression for both Jon fans and queer fans because it marries the ideas of having high-profile representation and genuinely breaking new ground by having such a young character be canonically queer because just like how Jon was so special for being one of the few kid comic character, it would be special for acknowledging that kids can be queer, too.
    Agreed with the first statement. I'm pretty sure that if younger Jon came out as Bi or indicated he might have feelings for a boy too along with say Kathy, then yeah, could totally see people supporting it and Jon fans being like "Oh cool okay" and cheering it because of storytelling. You're right most Queer characters are typically over the age of 15 or so so. I feel like having Jon be younger and dealing with these feelings would do a lot more for younger readers than what this is doing now. It just feels like someone really wanted to do Hulking and Wiccan in a hurry in regard to aging him up. You could have had Jay be his age and have him be a younger teen as well.

Clark and Lois having another kid and maybe doing the whole parenting thing right this time would be nice. Tomasi did say his plan was for that to happen. I'd be on board, but I'd still be upset over losing Jon. It'd be consolation prize but an appreciated one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Given the clickbaiters are just saying “Superman” I’m sure a few are confused lol. If there’s another Superkid I’m pretty sure it will be a daughter but I suppose they could have another son and a daughter.
    Well if they just go and let Chris be re adopted by Clark and Lois and then let her have a daughter you have that. But I do think I would prefer to have the three all be kids right now. Jon 14/13, Chris 12, and a baby girl. Though knowing DC they would age up their daughter and have her hook up with Damian for reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I'm sorry but that isn'tr going to satisfy me. If they try to replace young Jon by just having Lois have another kid I think I'd just find it insulting for them to think they can just replace the Jon we want so easily with a substitute. We need Jon deaged/the younger Jon brought back. Not replaced.

Don't give ups so easily. I'm not.

I have no problem with Jon being bi. But I still want him de-aged. If they compromised and bumped him down to a 13-14 range he could even still date and makes bringing back what we liked about kid Jon and make bringing back Super-sons possible.
    I agree, if they were to just replace him I think it would really suck because you can't just capture lighting in a bottle again. Jon hit all the right points that made him unique, the same way young Chris did, and it would feel like DC is like "Have your cake and eat it too." Agreed I'd be happy with a 13-14 year old Jon would fit for a lot of younger readers who could come in from books like My Hero Academia.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Jon Kent WILL still bei De-Aged in some form in the future (which my instincts and guts still believe it will happen) and Current Jon would still exist in another form or shape just to balance both sides of the Jon fans without alienating one another as a safe bet. They wouldn't erase his sexuality but they could keep it as queer coded pre-teens still exist.
    Given they did this stunt with Chris, had him have a full love interest and then had him get de-aged just before the reboot, I would say I'd put money on it too. Given the SuperSon's movie is going to be coming out, I would be safely betting that DC would want to push for some form of synergy with it. Either they'll de-age Jon, or (and piss of the Damian fans in the process) age up Damian to be around Jon's age now.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    *raises and waves hand vigorously* I was (far) angrier about the age up lol. I couldn't care less about this (or any character's sexuality).
    Same here. I'm fine with bi Jon. What I don't like is Jon not getting a full time to grow and cutting him off short unlike say Kon, Tim or even Damian.

Yeah I definitely used to be on the "Clark and Lois are boring and have no personality" train. But I changed my tune real quick once I started reading more Superman books....thanks to Jon....Damn it. I miss my son.
    Clark and Lois tend to get the short stick when it comes to other media of showing off comics. They never give them time to explore either's personality, which is rather sad. Glad you got to like them though they can both be awesome.

I disagree about Jordon, love him. But I agree about what Bendis did to Lois & Clark in the comics which was a real shame.
    Yeah, it's really weird that he made the choices that he did. I guess he really wanted the Legion book to have a Superboy as part of it.

I call this statement by Taylor elitist crap. Where are all the people who routinely say "don't give Lois powers (or pair Sups with someone else who has powers or uber gadgets) because then Superman will not be able to relate to normal people." What this rule does not apply to Jon boy? I do love those double standards.
    Oh, let's not forget that now that Jay has powers you won't have the issue of "Women made of kleneex" regarding their relationship. I noticed they did the same with Bernard too regarding Tim. Like the guy has to protect himself or something.

I still absolutely despise that he's not only a reporter but a Lois fanboy, at that. I thought the point of this book was for Jon to not be Clark. All he needs to do now is major in journalism -___-
    Nah, don't be silly. The point is to have a Superman as close to the original in looks & mannerisms as possible but without 80 years of baggage that DC can take risks with. That was the entire reason they aged up Jon in the first place.

Edit Jon Kent has become not so much a character but rather a canvas they can throw **** at and see what sticks.
    Regarding Jay, you can have him be a fanboy of Lois and a Reporter, but make him different. Hell, right off the top of my head. give him the "Parker Luck" have him be always running into issues as a reporter. Rather than write articles, have him be a photographer or a like an online anchor or something else, an editor or someone who focuses on specialized commentary.

Jon being like his dad to the point of being a younger twin is not a good thing. That's a good way of describing Jon. A canvas you can throw things at and see what sticks. That's both a good thing in some ways as you can take risks, but bad in that the worst things can be thrown in there too. So you don't know if you'll get a great arc or a crap arc. And all stories will be remembered, even ones no one wants readers to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    This is one my gripes on this whole age up thing that soured me the most as Jon have been much portrayed like a copy of Clark and hasn't really given something that is unique and not a lame hand me down stuff from his pops by giving him Lois Lane-adjacent character.
    I was honestly hoping that he would be more like his mom in some ways, and choose to be in something different than his parents when they made him older, you know down the line, not right away. Not to mention again, he needs to figure out his own role and not just have a LI that fast. Heck it took years for Lois to hook up with Clark, should take a longer time for Jay to learn to like Jon like that if they want this to be the One True Pairing. Unless Jay is going to become the Catwoman/Magento/Lex figure in which case, why do this to Jon?

Who says he’s going to stay with Jay? You guys are assuming a lot.
    People are acting like Jon has proposed marriage or that he and Jay are going to stay together forever.
    Okay so I can answer this one. It is harder to break up same sex couples in comics than it is to break up opposite sex couples. Some larger examples. Runaways: After Xavin left Karolina in order to protect her, Karolina started to date Julie Powers, leading to a very sweet couple that had a lot of interesting moments in the few stories that they were allowed to be shown together. They were a good strong match and made sense given their power sets and other similar interests. It was a well made pairing, and then the latest author really wanted Karolina and Nico as a couple and split up Julie and Karolina. Not by a traditional break up, oh no. She de aged Julie so they couldn't be together because of age differences. So the 20 year old is now 12 and her girlfriend is just like "Well moving on to the hot chick I've been best friends with."

In Young Avengers the second series, they tried to split Wiccan and Hulking for a while, that didn't last. They're married now.

More writers are willing to split up MJ and Peter, or Lois and Clark, or Diana and Steve, than splitting up the few Same sex couples out there. So there's always the danger of being like "This is the OTP" even if there could be better characters for them down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Like with Tim Drake, I don't really care what happens to fake Jon. Unlike Tim, whom I neither like nor hate, fake Jon took the place of real Jon and has been either a big nothing burger (under Bendis), usurping Clark (current), or very poorly re-treading the same paths Marvel took (and it took years to decades to develop) by attempting the X-Magneto schtick, with possibly Dumbledore/Grindelwald thrown in.
    Given it's WB I can honestly see it happening that way.

Spectacular Member

That’s how I feel. Let them date for a while but I’m 100% against Jon getting married any time soon. Or ever really.
    Sorry, but anyone who thinks we'll ever see Jon with a romantic female love interest again is being incredibly naive. This is essentially a way for DC to win the holdouts over: "See, he's not gay, he's bisexual....he *may* sometime in the *future* date women again, so don't lose hope!" As others have pointed out, comic companies absolutely do not want the hellstorm waiting for them on Twitter if they try to break up a gay couple.

I still absolutely despise that he's not only a reporter but a Lois fanboy, at that. I thought the point of this book was for Jon to not be Clark. All he needs to do now is major in journalism -___-
    Which is exactly why Taylor's gonna have him major in fashion!!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    Sorry, but anyone who thinks we'll ever see Jon with a romantic female love interest again is being incredibly naive. This is essentially a way for DC to win the holdouts over: "See, he's not gay, he's bisexual....he *may* sometime in the *future* date women again, so don't lose hope!" As others have pointed out, comic companies absolutely do not want the hellstorm waiting for them on Twitter if they try to break up a gay couple.
    you're right! So clearly dc has no notion of what to be Bi , or we have a( Bi) straight (wonder woman) and apparently we'll have a Gay( Bi) (Jon Kent) clearly the peoples have no idea what to be bi is, I dont have much either but i always see my cousin who is bi with men ,women and others and he had a child last month , I like The Witcher and I always see people erasing Ciri's bisexuality and putting her as a lesbian but she's been with men and women ,I say this because my cousin always complains about people trying to invalidate his Bisexuality, Maybe it's because people don't understand how a person can like men and women . If I'm talking nonsense I apologize .. i apologize too for my English bad but english is not my native language but i am learning,I'm studying in Utah they have a very adorable accent.
    Last edited by Betinayen; 10-13-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Oh you’re one of the people who I’m seeing all over the Internet screaming that Twitter will freak out if Jon ever dates a girl again lol. Ok I don’t think you really understand how stuff works. If Jon and Jay break up I guarantee you aren’t going to see a “hell storm” erupt lmao.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-12-2021 at 09:06 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't see any resemblance between jay and lois.I see more clark with glasses..
    Are you implying that Jon is trying to work out his daddy issues through Jay?

Yara is a fucking awesome character.....
    Indeed she is. IMO, she is by far the best (most interesting) next gen legacy character of the current wave thus far.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Oh trust me, I've been reading Static and loving EVERY single page of it. Definitely in my #3 spot right now, just behind Robin and Nightwing.
    same here
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Unless they make Jay just like f*cking Iconic I highly doubt people will care that much if him Jon ever do break up.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Yara is a fucking awesome character. And so far her book has been really good. I do wish that she hadn't started out in her 20s, but aside from that I have no complaints. I wish Jon was still as fun as she is.

And Jace...Part of me feels like, as a black man, a black Batman should excite me. But I feel absolutely nothing for this character. At all. If it was Luke, I'd be excited. I've always liked Luke. But Jace really isn't clicking with me. I don't hate him. But I don't like him either.
    My only complaint about the Yara book is all the unfortunate delays. Its pretty slick so far but def a buzzkill to have to wait so long in between issues.

As for Jon, among the predictable (and often comically uninformed) backlash, Superman is not gay and loves "Louis Lane."

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/wend...es-louis-lane/
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Jay has zero staying power. I don't think anyone that reads comics thinks the character will be around for long. He only exists to help with the whole Jon is bi story. It is the same as the Catwoman female love interest from a few years back that no one can remember her name, or all the original created love interests that litter modern comics. That is just how relationships in comics work. You need already established characters to be a new love interest if you want it to have a chance at lasting I think, as they have higher odds of carrying over through multiple runs or other media, but once a writer leaves no future writer is going to care about characters like Jay. They would rather use their own characters.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Because this is what happened when John Constantine and Selina Kyle were revealed to be bi they only stayed in non-het relationships- oh wait.

DC only does that with Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn because it's the most popular ship for both characters and there are not many alternative ships for both characters. The only other examples of non-het couples DC would never break up I can think of involve characters who are gay/lesbian rather than bi.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?