Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No it won’t, c’mon man. They can’t erase their new bi Superman anymore than they can erase any other gay or minority character. What will happen is Clark might come back to Earth and keep patrolling Metropolis while Jon joins a team as their Superman. But I don’t see Jon ever getting deaged or losing the title. You’ve got Peter and Miles as Spidey, Steve and Sam as Cap, Bruce and Dick were even both Batman for a while and now Bruce and Jace are both Batman.

Jon’s never getting erased, and I don’t see him getting deaged either. What happens with Jon ultimately depends on whether or not he’s getting adapted into outside media (as Superman). I personally think he will be the replacement Superman after Sasha Supergirl is done.
    I think they could very easily give Jon a new title and just maximize the fact that he's the son of Superman and the Family's main Bi rep.

Miles is a very special circumstance that I don't think is easily replicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    If he gets outside media play as the heir to the Superman name or just flat out gets the Superman name-- even in an animated film-- it'll be big, yeah.

Strange. Going into this era I'd have assumed Jon would be the one limping along as Yara and Jace dominated the conversation. But Jon is keeping up, and in some case overtaking the conversation. Doesn't hurt that his is *the* Superman book with eyes on it right now, and this only ups that.
    Simple.

Jon is Superman's son. A very strong connection of legacy

Jace is mostly a outsider, he is a minor character that was forgotten for years. No connection to Bruce

Yara complicated backstory, no connection to Diana. There was a lot of hpe and it mostly dead

Astonishing Member

Level with me: If they spent 10 years building up Jon would you accept him taking over for Clark? Because they’ve spent years building Miles and I assure you none of the hardcore Peter guys are open to Miles taking over for Peter in any permanent capacity. They like Peter not Miles and they won’t ever want him to replace Peter.
    There are hard-core Peter guys and people who have an issue with minority, gay or lesbian characters existing. People confuse the two groups.

oh wow I totally missed this news today
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    There are hard-core Peter guys and people who have an issue with minority, gay or lesbian characters existing. People confuse the two groups.
    There are also people who just don't think Spider-Man as a concept works with two Spider-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they could very easily give Jon a new title and just maximize the fact that he's the son of Superman and the Family's main Bi rep.

Miles is a very special circumstance that I don't think is easily replicated.
    Sure they could but I doubt it. What will ultimately decide things is what happens in the media projects. Sam is back as Cap and I don’t think he’ll lose the mantle again any time soon or ever again because of the MCU. If Jon ends up as Superman in something, I don’t see them going back.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Sure they could but I doubt it. What will ultimately decide things is what happens in the media projects. Sam is back as Cap and I don’t think he’ll lose the mantle again any time soon or ever again because of the MCU. If Jon ends up as Superman in something, I don’t see them going back.
    I'm pretty sure the highest profile piece of media Jon will appear in outside of comics will be the Super Sons animated movie and that will in invariably be kid Jon so it would be that character that will stick in the public consciousness, unless somehow bungles their most easily adaptable and understandable property for unaware viewers.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Simple.

Jon is Superman's son. A very strong connection of legacy

Jace is mostly a outsider, he is a minor character that was forgotten for years. No connection to Bruce

Yara complicated backstory, no connection to Diana. There was a lot of hpe and it mostly dead
    Sure, sure, but it was going to be Black Batman and Hispanic Wonder Woman. Plus, the hype that was coming off Yara was nuts. She damn near had her own show.

Even being a very big fan of Jon as Superman-- and a fan of Jon in general-- if you'd have told me that in a year's time he'd be leading the pack like this, I'd have looked at you funny.

What really matters now is DC's next move with all this good will and their fan favorite writer.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I'm pretty sure the highest profile piece of media Jon will appear in outside of comics will be the Super Sons animated movie and that will in invariably be kid Jon so it would be that character that will stick in the public consciousness.
    Superman & Lois mate. I’m pretty sure the Super Sons movie will be a direct to DVD like the Tomorrowverse is in general. Don’t think it’s a theatrical movie like the Krypto one.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    My takeaway from this is that DC needs to lock down Tom Taylor as a exclusive writer. He keeps giving them positive headliens and his books are always gurranteed hits.
    Seems like only the main Batman writer gets an exclusive offer. Nowadays DC is cool with you working for both and Taylor wants to work for both.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Oh boy, the sensationalist headlines from today. “DC makes Superman bi-sexual”, “Superman is now gay”, etc. The people who only read headlines are losing their ****.

In any case, just want to get this off my chest to those who continue liking the story and are intrigued with this....genuinely cheers. I'm very opinionated here and fiery but I do not have any malice for anyone here. I crap on the idea but you know what, that's me, I vent and that's that no one has to justify to me their enjoying the book. Superlad digs it for instance and I think you're the bees knees. Same with Vordan, always get something out of your points and counterpoints. I never want to come across as bashing fans. If I'm being a big baby, and when it comes to Superman you know and I know I can be, it'll pass to some degree. And especially those who LGBTQ+ fans who are looking forward to this for more representation, and will get something they can hopefully relate to and enjoy with this, please know absolutely no vitriol meant towards you at all.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-11-2021 at 03:44 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    In any case, just want to get this off my chest to those who continue liking the story and are intrigued with this....genuinely cheers. I'm very opinionated here and fiery but I do not have any malice for anyone here. I crap on the idea but you know what, that's me, I vent and that's that no one has to justify to me their enjoying the book. Superlad digs it for instance and I think you're the bees knees. Same with Vordan. I never want to come across as bashing fans.
    Well put friend, my sentiments exactly, cheers. Whatever floats your boat. Other than Damian and Kid Jon I've never enjoyed Jon but hey to those who do more power to you all.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

In any case, just want to get this off my chest to those who continue liking the story and are intrigued with this....genuinely cheers. I'm very opinionated here and fiery but I do not have any malice for anyone here. I crap on the idea but you know what, that's me, I vent and that's that no one has to justify to me their enjoying the book. Superlad digs it for instance and I think you're the bees knees. Same with Vordan. I never want to come across as bashing fans. If I'm being a big baby, and when it comes to Superman you know and I know I can be, it'll pass to some degree. And especially those who LGBTQ+ fans who are looking forward to this for more representation, and will get something they can hopefully relate to and enjoy with this, please know absolutely no vitriol meant towards you at all.
    Never even any remotely hard feeling!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

To be honest I have yet to see Sam being in the Cap suit again in the comics being that big a deal outside that mini. The next main Cap book is a Steve and Tony team-up book. Seems like it's as relevant as when he became Falcon again .

In any case, just want to get this off my chest to those who continue liking the story and are intrigued with this....genuinely cheers. I'm very opinionated here and fiery but I do not have any malice for anyone here. I crap on the idea but you know what, that's me, I vent and that's that no one has to justify to me their enjoying the book. Superlad digs it for instance and I think you're the bees knees. Same with Vordan. I never want to come across as bashing fans.
    Got nothing but respect for you, I know you have genuine affection for Clark and I do too. Guess part of why I’m cool with all this is that PKJ Action is the most I’ve enjoyed Clark’s book since Pak before Truth. Also I just don’t know what the hell they plan to do with Superman in the long term in outside media, but I know his books right now are the most I’ve enjoyed them in ages. Feel like there’s something for everyone. If Clark has to share the mantle and unfortunately I think he does given WB seems to look at him as a liability, then at least I like Jon. Would I have preferred that Morrison’s New 52 reboot wasn’t wasted, that Snyder didn’t turn the Superman film franchise into a dumpsterfire, that the video games didn’t just make him evil all the time? Of course!

But that all happened so now we just make the best with what we’re given. Unfortunately (for those of us who are fans of the OGs and don’t want to share) what we’re heading towards is an era of mantle sharing. Why? Because Hollywood doesn’t want to take risks anymore. They want to reach other audiences beyond the white core and they want to do so with well known IPs. So this is sort of inevitable. Jon will be aimed at the Gen Z market which has a much higher “out and proud” LGBT+ Community than past gens. Even if he fails he can still be “their” Superman in a way Clark can’t given how solidified his pop culture image is.