Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Sure, sure, but it was going to be Black Batman and Hispanic Wonder Woman. Plus, the hype that was coming off Yara was nuts. She damn near had her own show.

Even being a very big fan of Jon as Superman-- and a fan of Jon in general-- if you'd have told me that in a year's time he'd be leading the pack like this, I'd have looked at you funny.

What really matters now is DC's next move with all this good will and their fan favorite writer.
    Who is the Hispanic Wonder Woman? It's certainly not Yara.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Most of the complaints from people that know who the character is are just upset that he was aged up still. At least from what I've seen.
    Exactly. Any Jon fan worth their salt would under better circumstances be supportive of Jon being made bi.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I suppose they could always introduce Jordan if they want a younger super-son. I wonder how many of the people who are upset think this is Clark.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    People believe in what they want, but DC has been very strong on making Selina being straight and only that. There is not point on a charcter being bi if the writers doesnt play it. Being bi is a different experiene from being gay or straight.
    They are very open all the time, even while married to opposite gender. It's different way of life
    Yeah. Bi people are often pretty open about their sexuality, especially because they are often told they aren't bisexuals if they do not openly show their attraction to both genders.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-11-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Well, I suppose than now the de-aging it is impossible. Anyone asking for it is going to be labeled of anti-LGBT zealot.
    Not necessarily. The cool thing about the de-age Jon movement, if it can be called that, is it has been incredibly consistent in its messaging. Jon getting de-aged and Jon being bi are not mutually exclusive and are in fact things that can and need to coexist. De-aging Jon would actually be a sign of progression for both Jon fans and queer fans because it marries the ideas of having high-profile representation and genuinely breaking new ground by having such a young character be canonically queer because just like how Jon was so special for being one of the few kid comic character, it would be special for acknowledging that kids can be queer, too.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I suppose they could always introduce Jordan if they want a younger super-son. I wonder how many of the people who are upset think this is Clark.
    Honestly, they should do this. It would bring the tv show fans to comics and it wouldn't confuse the people who got into superman through son of kal.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Honestly, they should do this. It would bring the tv show fans to comics and it wouldn't confuse the people who got into superman through son of kal.
    Clark and Lois having another kid and maybe doing the whole parenting thing right this time would be nice. Tomasi did say his plan was for that to happen. I'd be on board, but I'd still be upset over losing Jon. It'd be consolation prize but an appreciated one.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-11-2021 at 05:51 PM.

God no the character is already annoying in live action. Not to mention Bendis sealed the deal & made Clark & Lois incompetent horrible parents honestly who abandon their son they don't need more kids.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Here I was still hoping and wishing for Jon to be de-aged back to the little dude that I was Initially introduced to lmao! That isn't going to happen now is it? lol! This is too sad. Good luck Jon.

I have to agree with you. All I've wanted for Jon was to be de-aged back to the little dude, so Superman can see him grow up.
    Actually I'd like to see Jor-El come back, now that we're at it.
    Well there's always a chance that Lois is pregnant again ( last Action Comics ).

Given the clickbaiters are just saying “Superman” I’m sure a few are confused lol. If there’s another Superkid I’m pretty sure it will be a daughter but I suppose they could have another son and a daughter.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I'm sorry but that isn'tr going to satisfy me. If they try to replace young Jon by just having Lois have another kid I think I'd just find it insulting for them to think they can just replace the Jon we want so easily with a substitute. We need Jon deaged/the younger Jon brought back. Not replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I have to agree with you. All I've wanted for Jon was to be de-aged back to the little dude, so Superman can see him grow up.
    Actually I'd like to see Jor-El come back, now that we're at it.
    Well there's always a chance that Lois is pregnant again ( last Action Comics ).
    Don't give ups so easily. I'm not.

Well, I suppose than now the de-aging it is impossible. Anyone asking for it is going to be labeled of anti-LGBT zealot.
    I have no problem with Jon being bi. But I still want him de-aged. If they compromised and bumped him down to a 13-14 range he could even still date and makes bringing back what we liked about kid Jon and make bringing back Super-sons possible.
    Last edited by Artemisfanboy; 10-11-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I don't think there was much chance of them de-aging him anyway. He was already a teenager on the show. And the comics tend to follow the lead of other media. So you're probably stuck with him as a teenager at least until the show starts losing popularity. The most workable solution, honestly, is to go the Batman/Catwoman route and create a title that takes place in a stand alone universe where he is still ten years old. Since I don't think they should have a biological kid at all (though it's not a deal breaker) I have no dog in this hunt.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

It was only a matter of time. Tim Drake beat Jon Kent by a few months.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    This was decided months ago, things on comics get planned for months on advance

Sales aren't great, #2 already on 40k

I do agree that they probably planned on this eventually occurring, I just think that the lousy sales pushed if forward from what they originally intended.

You don't do a garbage "Robin is bisexual" headline only to follow it up with a garbage Superman one less than a month later unless you're desperate.

I'm sorry but comparing Jon Kent as the Superman's analogue for Miles Morales is just laughable and exagerating too much and its not the same thing.

I'm fine with the Bi Jon while getting attention for new readers but realistically would still not improve sales if doesn't perform well and this news feels more than your usual "Came out character for PR reasons and media buzz" and since Comic Books is and always be a niche genre.

Jon Kent WILL still bei De-Aged in some form in the future (which my instincts and guts still believe it will happen) and Current Jon would still exist in another form or shape just to balance both sides of the Jon fans without alienating one another as a safe bet. They wouldn't erase his sexuality but they could keep it as queer coded pre-teens still exist.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki