Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    I'm sorry but comparing Jon Kent as the Superman's analogue for Miles Morales is just laughable and exagerating too much and its not the same thing.

I'm fine with the Bi Jon while getting attention for new readers but realistically would still not improve sales if doesn't perform well and this news feels more than your usual "Came out character for PR reasons and media buzz" and since Comic Books is and always be a niche genre.

Jon Kent WILL still bei De-Aged in some form in the future (which my instincts and guts still believe it will happen) and Current Jon would still exist in another form or shape just to balance both sides of the Jon fans without alienating one another as a safe bet. They wouldn't erase his sexuality but they could keep it as queer coded pre-teens still exist.
    That's honestly what I'm hoping for (especially since him being younger would make a story like this all the more impactful). I've been saying that there doesn't have to be either/or when it comes to both versions of Jon. But I still wouldn't bank on them finding a way to please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper_thorn View Post
    I do agree that they probably planned on this eventually occurring, I just think that the lousy sales pushed if forward from what they originally intended.

You don't do a garbage "Robin is bisexual" headline only to follow it up with a garbage Superman one less than a month later unless you're desperate.
    I don't believe on it, comics are written on advance for this to happen, it doesn't look rushed

I think they just announce it before so comics speculators and other readers will have time to pre0-order the comic. Sales probably not good, so they went to the spoil it and get high pre-orders

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Honestly, they should do this. It would bring the tv show fans to comics and it wouldn't confuse the people who got into superman through son of kal.
    That is not how it works, also it would take time to Jordan get to e like 10. Really bad idea

I never like the idea of being two boys, I think Jordan should be a girl
    Last edited by Writerblog; 10-11-2021 at 07:12 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by trooper_thorn View Post
    I do agree that they probably planned on this eventually occurring, I just think that the lousy sales pushed if forward from what they originally intended.

You don't do a garbage "Robin is bisexual" headline only to follow it up with a garbage Superman one less than a month later unless you're desperate.

If sales are about 40K that's actually pretty good. Usually ( in the old days ) DC only cancels titles if they drop to under 20K, even then they used to still publish those for a while.
    Ultimately sales are what decide a book's fate either way.
    Look at Batwoman , her book never really sold that well, despite being part of the Bat Family.

This is honestly the first time I've cared about Jon Kent as a character, so if it was just for PR, it worked. They got me interested.

I didn't believe DC was actually going to make Jon queer. I thought it was just a mere rumor. Congrats to him for coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Also, Taylor stated something in an interview that pissed me off. I don't care about Jon's sexuality one way or the other but I do care about Lois Lane. Taylor called Lois a damsel and implied because Jon's current love interested is male that he'll be more of a true partner than Lois was to Clark. Lois Lane is one of the strongest female characters in comics. This attitude smacks of sexism to me, f' Taylor.
    Lois Lane has a personality of cardboard. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Pretty sure they weren't this angry when he went from 10 to 17 overnight. I guess some changes are more important than others.
    *raises and waves hand vigorously* I was (far) angrier about the age up lol. I couldn't care less about this (or any character's sexuality).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Hallow View Post
    I didn't believe DC was actually going to make Jon queer. I thought it was just a mere rumor. Congrats to him for coming out.

Lois Lane has a personality of cardboard. Sorry.
    You are my enemy forever now.

Yeah I definitely used to be on the "Clark and Lois are boring and have no personality" train. But I changed my tune real quick once I started reading more Superman books....thanks to Jon....Damn it. I miss my son.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    God no the character is already annoying in live action. Not to mention Bendis sealed the deal & made Clark & Lois incompetent horrible parents honestly who abandon their son they don't need more kids.
    I disagree about Jordon, love him. But I agree about what Bendis did to Lois & Clark in the comics which was a real shame.

Mighty Member

That is not what Taylor said, he stated that in the past Lois is placed in the damsel role for Superman to save, which was true, and he even noted that this has changed over the years.

Taylor went on to state Jay will never be a damsel for Jon not because he is male but because he cannot be harmed due to his own powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah I definitely used to be on the "Clark and Lois are boring and have no personality" train. But I changed my tune real quick once I started reading more Superman books....thanks to Jon....Damn it. I miss my son.
    You thought Lois didn’t have personality? That is surprising haven’t heard that one before.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You thought Lois didn’t have personality? That is surprising haven’t heard that one before.
    There was a time where I was very anti-Superman and anything associated with Superman. Rebirth helped fix that. It's just a shame that I've found a lot of things before that era that I like but nothing after it is clicking with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    That is not what Taylor said, he stated that in the past Lois is placed in the damsel role for Superman to save, which was true, and he even noted that this has changed over the years.

Taylor went on to state Jay will never be a damsel for Jon not because he is male but because he cannot be harmed due to his own powers.
    I call this statement by Taylor elitist crap. Where are all the people who routinely say "don't give Lois powers (or pair Sups with someone else who has powers or uber gadgets) because then Superman will not be able to relate to normal people." What this rule does not apply to Jon boy? I do love those double standards.

I mean...I can't really complain since it keeps this guy from being a complete Lois clone the same way Jon is a New 52 Superman clone. I asked for differences and I guess I got 'em :/

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    There was a time where I was very anti-Superman and anything associated with Superman. Rebirth helped fix that. It's just a shame that I've found a lot of things before that era that I like but nothing after it is clicking with me.
    Lol any reason why or just the usual “Batman was my favorite and Supes was the enemy so **** him and **** his stuff”
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/