Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/02/super...did=social-twa

I put this here given this report in which this is TMZ we're talking about due to its known reputation.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post

I put this here given this report in which this is TMZ we're talking about due to its known reputation.
    Wild to say the least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post

Sound a fake news: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/no-d...xual-superman/

So a silly little update on that colorist who isn't renewing his contract because of the changes being made with Jon. Apparently the guy was on a EVS livestream (yeah, EVS) and he recounts a conversation with Jim Lee where he mentions how dropping "the American Way" from Superman's slogan is insulting to Clark's creators; two Christians from the midwest. He goes on to talk about how his and Lee's parents were immigrants, and America gave them everything they have as opposed to their parents' original nations.

He is apparently unaware that both Seigel and Shuster were born to Jewish families, or that Shuster was born in Toronto.

Got to wondering, in a idle moment, does it matter? This guy doesn't claim to be a historian but assuming he's wrong (did Seigel or Shuster convert later in life?) do we expect guys in his position to be this knowledgeable? I couldn't tell you what religion my boss is, much less the religion of the guy who founded the company. But does this colorist's flawed information make his entire opinion subject (more than it already is) or does this qualify as just a silly mistake that should be overlooked?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So a silly little update on that colorist who isn't renewing his contract because of the changes being made with Jon. Apparently the guy was on a EVS livestream (yeah, EVS) and he recounts a conversation with Jim Lee where he mentions how dropping "the American Way" from Superman's slogan is insulting to Clark's creators; two Christians from the midwest. He goes on to talk about how his and Lee's parents were immigrants, and America gave them everything they have as opposed to their parents' original nations.

He is apparently unaware that both Seigel and Shuster were born to Jewish families, or that Shuster was born in Toronto.

Got to wondering, in a idle moment, does it matter? This guy doesn't claim to be a historian but assuming he's wrong (did Seigel or Shuster convert later in life?) do we expect guys in his position to be this knowledgeable? I couldn't tell you what religion my boss is, much less the religion of the guy who founded the company. But does this colorist's flawed information make his entire opinion subject (more than it already is) or does this qualify as just a silly mistake that should be overlooked?
    I'm shocked, shocked I say, that the opinions of Comicsgaters are based upon a flawed, erroneous view of history that conveniently ignores the facts that would logically disprove their worldview.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I would say no, someone in his position is not *expected* to be knowledgeable about such things, but I would also say the same to him as I would to anyone speaking about anything - if you don't know what you're talking about, shut up. Or at least ask someone who does know before you start spouting bullshit as if it were fact.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm shocked, shocked I say, that the opinions of Comicsgaters are based upon a flawed, erroneous view of history that conveniently ignores the facts that would logically disprove their worldview.
    I know, what *is* the world coming to when good upstanding comicsgaters can't be relied upon for their flawless knowledge and philosophy? I daresay the scandal has given me a case of the vapors!

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I would say no, someone in his position is not *expected* to be knowledgeable about such things, but I would also say the same to him as I would to anyone speaking about anything - if you don't know what you're talking about, shut up. Or at least ask someone who does know before you start spouting bullshit as if it were fact.
    Yeah, that's how I felt too. Ignorance shouldn't be an excuse. Hell, I've known the Shusters and Siegels were Jewish (and part Canadian) for years but I still checked my facts before posting, just in case.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think the guy meant superman's parents.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

And how Jim Lee reacted to his thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I think the guy meant superman's parents.
    That's not the way it read to me, the guy was talking about his experiences as an immigrant and about how America gave him his life; the fictional Kents don't seem to factor into that line of thinking at all.

But who knows, the guy did a livestream with EVS so who knows what patterns his brain follows?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    And how Jim Lee reacted to his thoughts?
    He said he wouldn't share Lee's side of the conversation out of respect for Lee's privacy and his position within DC. Which sounds reasonable and polite but I'm gonna guess that Lee didn't say anything that would support the colorist's argument.

~ Black Panther.