Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I can't help but be morbidly curious whether Dean Cain will throw a fit on social media or Fox news. lol

Astonishing Member

By the way, considering original 5G plans, I won't be surpised if that supposed Damian/Jon rivalry was going to be inspired not just by Magneto/Xavier, but also by Dumbledore/Grindewald, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I can't help but be morbidly curious whether Dean Cain will throw a fit on social media or Fox news. lol
    Ironically when his Supergirl character dealt with his daughter being gay in the most classy way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    If one of the Trinity came out (and Diana has been low key bi for awhile anyways) you’d hear even more cries of “don’t change an established character, create a new one”
    So they have Jon, who’s young without much romantic history, come out and people complain anyways.
    Duh, these people just don't want to see queer characters.

Meanwhile, I'm over here all "yaaaas another one!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Out of all the changes they've made with Jon in the past few years, this probably bothers me the least (even if I feel like they did Kathy a disservice once Bendis showed up) although like with Tim it just feels like something that's getting sensationalized.

Kind of makes me wonder if this would come up in Superman and Lois and whether they'd make Jordan or Jon bi (although I feel like won't come up).
    I don’t think it will but it could. Unlikely to be used in S2 but maybe S3 it will be incorporated into the character. All depends on what they want to do with Jon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    A lot of people actually
    It's generated a lot of buzz, but that doesn't mean new readers. The age up alienated a lot of people and the people who stayed, which is a small number, have no standards and will accept whatever slop is put in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    By the way, considering original 5G plans, I won't be surpised if that supposed Damian/Jon rivalry was going to be inspired not just by Magneto/Xavier, but also by Dumbledore/Grindewald, if you know what I mean.
    Oh I’m sure that thought has crossed Taylor’s mind given how much he likes to mine popular works for ideas. Assuming Jay really is going to end up being a villain.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

While I'm not against this, I really don't see a reason to make him bi...other than shock value.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Now I gotta watch Fox News...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh I’m sure that thought has crossed Taylor’s mind given how much he likes to mine popular works for ideas. Assuming Jay really is going to end up being a villain.
    Taylor already stated that he views Jon and Damian as brothers on Twitter.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Here I was still hoping and wishing for Jon to be de-aged back to the little dude that I was Initially introduced to lmao! That isn't going to happen now is it? lol! This is too sad. Good luck Jon.
    It can still happen. But then again, full on erasure will be an option by the time the dust settles too. I mean, once Jon as Superman fails, where do they go from there? As an adult, being bi is the only thing that separates him from the real Superman because to date all they've done is glommed his character onto him. He's a husk without masquerading as the guy. Give him his own superhero identity? They could but again that alone wouldn't solve his one-dimensional being and he'd just evaporate into meaninglessness anyway. De aging him to try and recapture the only appeal he's ever had, or just getting rid of him will be really the only options.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-11-2021 at 01:02 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Taylor already stated that he views Jon and Damian as brothers on Twitter.
    I misread that, I thought he was referring to what the Jon/Jay relationship might end up being. Damian was never going to date Jon and still won’t I’d say.

Astonishing Member

Oh, for some reason I have no doubt that it's exactly how it's gonna work out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It can still happen. But then again, full on erasure will be an option by the time the dust settles too. I mean, once Jon as Superman fails, where do they go from there? As an adult, being bi is the only thing that separates him from the real Superman because to date all they've done is glommed his character onto him. He's a husk without masquerading as the guy. Give him his own superhero identity? They could but again that alone wouldn't solve his one-dimensional being and he'd just evaporate into meaninglessness anyway. De aging him to try and recapture the only appeal he's ever had, or just getting rid of him will be really the only options.
    No it won’t, c’mon man. They can’t erase their new bi Superman anymore than they can erase any other gay or minority character. What will happen is Clark might come back to Earth and keep patrolling Metropolis while Jon joins a team as their Superman. But I don’t see Jon ever getting deaged or losing the title. You’ve got Peter and Miles as Spidey, Steve and Sam as Cap, Bruce and Dick were even both Batman for a while and now Bruce and Jace are both Batman.

Jon’s never getting erased, and I don’t see him getting deaged either. What happens with Jon ultimately depends on whether or not he’s getting adapted into outside media (as Superman). I personally think he will be the replacement Superman after Sasha Supergirl is done.

No it won’t, c’mon man. They can’t erase their new bi Superman anymore than they can erase any other gay or minority character. What will happen is Clark might come back to Earth and keep patrolling Metropolis while Jon joins a team as their Superman. But I don’t see Jon ever getting deaged or losing the title. You’ve got Peter and Miles as Spidey, Steve and Sam as Cap, Bruce and Dick were even both Batman for a while and now Bruce and Jace are both Batman.

Jon’s never getting erased, and I don’t see him getting deaged either. What happens with Jon ultimately depends on whether or not he’s getting adapted into outside media (as Superman). I personally think he will be the replacement Superman after Sasha Supergirl is done.
    well They erased Catwoman being bi, if this go wrong they will find a way to only have Jon dating girls.

If he was gay, there couldn't be a way out

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    It's generated a lot of buzz, but that doesn't mean new readers. The age up alienated a lot of people and the people who stayed, which is a small number, have no standards and will accept whatever slop is put in front of them.
    I think people care after ageing up, but a lot more cared when he was a kid doing team ups with Damian.

Complaints about aging up have been frequent
    Last edited by Writerblog; 10-11-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

See the fun thing about comic book character popularity or even status quo being based on sales mean that people can choose whether to make it gappen or stay as long as possible or not by actively supporting it or not and they can choose to help spread the news and make it easy for people who want to support it or not, even if they don't personally care for it.

Like, there maybe baby comic reader out there who want to pick this up and continue to pick this up, but dont know how because DC WB is "like that". DC authors and editors have to do the marketing themselves.

So if you say this is just a stunt and it will be reversed or that he will not stay Superman, you can make it a self fulfilling prophecy by doing nothing, or... despite DC WB inevitably will make Clark Superman again, you may be able to postpone it as long as possible by helping people who want to buy this consistently, where and how to find it.

DC WB is sitting their ass waiting if this will work or not and rich old fanboy working at their office can just simply ride this out. If you want to make this.. or any changes stay, you gotta work for it. Unless you want same old same old then feel free to just ride this out.