Default Dracula Was An Avenger

Saw this funny panel online recently and it got me thinking:

What if Dracula actually was an Avenger at some point? The Avengers have a long history of taking in reformed villains, so it seems possible that they might have let Dracula join at some point. Which line-up would have been most likely to include him? How would he fare in a fight against the various Avengers villains faced by that line-up?

The Tomb of Dracula comic started right around the time of the Kree-Skrull War, so Dracula wouldn't have joined the Avengers at that point. And he spent the next several years on the run from vampire hunters, right up until the time when Scarlet Witch was briefly controlled by Chthon in Avengers 187. That was shortly after Henry Peter Gyrich forced the Avengers to limit their line-up to seven members for a while. It wasn't until issue #211 that the Avengers held their next membership drive and recruited Tigra. Recruiting a vampire right around the same time as a pseudo-lycanthrope doesn't seem like a big stretch. Their next several opponents included Yellowjacket, Ghost Rider, Molecule Man, and Moondragon, and it seems like Drac could have helped against any of those except Molecule Man.

One more image:

There have been brief periods where Dracula kind of semi-reformed, but even in those he comes across as basically a well-intentioned fascist. I can't see even that version lasting long on the Avengers. By the third time he impales a defeated villain, he's going to get kicked off the team.

Is Dracula's new Marvel look indicative of a power upgrade? He used to appear as shown above, but I saw him with a pale white face, long white hair in a pony and wearing a costume.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is Dracula's new Marvel look indicative of a power upgrade? He used to appear as shown above, but I saw him with a pale white face, long white hair in a pony and wearing a costume.
    I know, right?! My preference will always be the dignified version, much more distinguished (IMHO):

In the Avengers Assemble cartoon, Cap and Dracula were allies in WW2. They were united against the Nazis for some reason. You could use that in a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    In the Avengers Assemble cartoon, Cap and Dracula were allies in WW2. They were united against the Nazis for some reason. You could use that in a different story.
    https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...-an-axis-power

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I'm not aware of any power upgrade when he switched looks, but just recently he the ability to walk in the sun without burning up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm not aware of any power upgrade when he switched looks, but just recently he the ability to walk in the sun without burning up.
    To me, his new look makes him look older and younger at the same time, but for some reason I thought he was more powerful/additional powers? The walking in the sun could be one of them.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!