Default Sanji (One Piece) vs Happosai (Ranma 1/2)

Happosai, the perverted Master of Anything Goes Martial Arts, falls through a magical portal and ends up in the Grand Line of One Piece. Happosai finds himself on the Thousand Sunny, stealing panties from Nami and Robin, and putting his hands on them in unwanted ways. Naturally, Nami and Robin fend him off for a bit, but he continues to make a nuisance of himself.

And then Sanji shows up just in time to see Nami and Robin chasing Happosai (who is carrying stolen panties). Angered at how Happosai upset the ladies, Sanji challenges Happosai to a one on one fight, on the nearest island.

Rules:

This is a one on one fight. No interference from Nami, Robin, Luffy, or any of the Straw Hats. Nor anyone else in either the One Piece universe or the Ranmaverse.

Three variants. One is with pre time-skip Sanji. Second is with post time skip Sanji. The third is post time-skip Sanji with the Vinsmoke Raid Suit.

Who wins the fight?

Happi is a cheap and cheating little **** with way too many underhanded abilities at his disposal. Early and post-time-skip Sanji go down after a valiant effort. But the Vinsmoke Raid Suit may just give Sanji the advantage he needs.

Honestly haven't seen One Piece but Happosai is such tough opponent when not riddled with PIS.

He is faster than Ranma. He basically dodges Ranma's Amaguri Ken technique with his entire body like Ranma was moving in slow motion
    He is strong enough to stop Pantytosa Tora's beast charge with basically one finger... said character was strong enough to overwhelm Ranma and Ryoga, who were both massively strong in their own rights.
    His battle aura is so strong that he basically freezes Ranma in his tracks.
    He has multiple abilities, one of which is able to completely drain an opponent of their battle strength. (Happo Go-yen Satsu)
    He can read minds, such as when he read Genma's mind as he was plotting to throw him off a cliff.
    His presence is so overwhelming that there are literal omens happening such as chopsticks breaking, bowls cracking, shelves suddenly falling over, and even making storms more ominous

Happosai is a very dangerous foe.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Can also go Kaiju if he wants (with the battle aura). O_o
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I don't think that Happosai ever learned the Happo Go-en Satsu, he only developed it. It seems to have treated him screwing around with Hinako's physical condition to get her to a point where she could use the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Can also go Kaiju if he wants (with the battle aura). O_o
    He's also so evil that basically an incarnation of evil itself (the ogre) couldn't fully possess him.

Extraordinary Member

Sanji does hit harder than pretty much anything in Ranma as far as I recall and can keep on trucking after getting hit by people on his own level. He's also got a certain degree of combat precog and can effectively fly by running through the air.

Not sure how his speed stacks up against Happosai, but he is fast enough to zip over to two dudes about to punch each other, kick the one hard enough to send him flying through a building, catch the lady that said dude dropped right before she hits the ground and zip back to his starting position with most of the people looking at the scene not noticing that he did all that. Sanji is pretty freaking fast.

spoilers:
    And the latest One Piece indicated that he might have some other latent super-power that will awaken soon.
    end of spoilers

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Sanji does hit harder than pretty much anything in Ranma as far as I recall and can keep on trucking after getting hit by people on his own level. He's also got a certain degree of combat precog and can effectively fly by running through the air.

Not sure how his speed stacks up against Happosai, but he is fast enough to zip over to two dudes about to punch each other, kick the one hard enough to send him flying through a building, catch the lady that said dude dropped right before she hits the ground and zip back to his starting position with most of the people looking at the scene not noticing that he did all that. Sanji is pretty freaking fast.

spoilers:
    And the latest One Piece indicated that he might have some other latent super-power that will awaken soon.
    end of spoilers
    Happosai, from my recollections of reading Ranma back in the day, is presented as significantly above the main cast (even though he doesn't often show it) and, I think, Ranma himself is considerably faster than Sanji.

Working out Sanji's speed is a smidge tricky because of the timeskip wherein he got "ambiguous stat boost" as did a lot of the cast. He has stuff like kicking Wanze in the face 12 times in an instant mid dodge, kicking back cannonballs and generally being able to keep up with Soru users to one degree or another and then got faster.

The Oven feat referenced above is post timeskip and it's pretty good but it's not something that's outside Ranma's speed range to my mind. Ranma himself having stuff like "I block all the pieces of shrapnel thrown at me by an explosion by snatching them individually out of the air," "I hit Ryoga hundreds of times in an instant such that it looked like one strike," and "I casually dodge every attack a metahuman martial artist throws at me, looking bored, while juggling a fishbowl full of water,"

And Happosai is notionally above Ranma.

I don't think he's really got the feats to suggest that he could treat Ranma like an amusement in the way that Happosai does.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 10-15-2021 at 09:27 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Small clarification - Ranna hits Ryouga hundreds (plural) of times such that it looks like one weird-sounding hit.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Small clarification - Ranna hits Ryouga hundreds (plural) of times such that it looks like one weird-sounding hit.
    corrected as directed

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Yeah, Happosai is….difficult to find a foe that either isn’t more powerful or less powerful. There seem to be few that can sort of meet in the middle and handle the little demon.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM