Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Doctor Octopus headlines "Superior Four" Mini-Series for Devil's Reign Event

Doc Ock is headlining his own mini as a tie-in to the Devil's Reign event, where he will be leading a team of himself and three other versions of himself from the Multiverse.

DEVIL’S REIGN: SUPERIOR FOUR #1 (OF 3)
    ZAC THOMPSON (W) • DAVIDE TINTO (A)
    Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN
    THE FANTASTIC ARE NO MORE. LONG LIVE...THE SUPERIOR FOUR.
    Otto Octavius has acquired a taste for the infinite. Empowered by Wilson Fisk, Doctor Octopus faces a tantalizing, unprecedented opportunity to scour the Multiverse, amassing an army of…himself. An army to march on our reality, proving Otto’s supremacy — and it all begins with his SUPERIOR FOUR!

Alright so I guess we’re just done pretending that Otto kept any character development from Superior Spider-Man already and he’s now back to just straight up pure villainy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Alright so I guess we’re just done pretending that Otto kept any character development from Superior Spider-Man already and he’s now back to just straight up pure villainy?
    Status Quo am I right? And I bet you people will say this is a good thing
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Disappointing, to say the least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Welp, can't say I'm surprised but still disappointed.

Goes back to thinking about that ideal Doc Ock title I came up with...

Shouldn't this be a four issue mini-series?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

He is my favorite Spiderman villain. But with everything they did with him in his 2 superior Spiderman series I am disappointed that he is going back to the villain role.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

In this particular case, i'll say yes. Because Otto's redemption was bullshit and no one is gonna ever convinced me of the contrary.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Y’all acting like it’s still the 1980s or 1990s when Marvel still cared about keeping reformed villains reformed. *laughs in Sandman*

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    In this particular case, i'll say yes. Because Otto's redemption was bullshit and no one is gonna ever convinced me of the contrary.
    Considering what went down in Ends of the Earth . . . I can understand that. Hell, Superior Spider-Man V2 was all about questioning whether Otto genuinely had any good in him that didn't come from the lingering echo of Peter's memories.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Y’all acting like it’s still the 1980s or 1990s when Marvel still cared about keeping reformed villains reformed. *laughs in Sandman*
    Yeah, poor Sandman . . . though I think there's a fair amount of Marvel villains who've mostly stayed reformed. Hell, a lot of those happen to have been Avengers at one point or another.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering what went down in Ends of the Earth . . . I can understand that. Hell, Superior Spider-Man V2 was all about questioning whether Otto genuinely had any good in him that didn't come from the lingering echo of Peter's memories.

Yeah, poor Sandman . . . though I think there's a fair amount of Marvel villains who've mostly stayed reformed. Hell, a lot of those happen to have been Avengers at one point or another.
    Venom as the Lethal Protector back in the 90s was kind of bullshit IMO, but even that one was more belieavable than Otto's. I haven't Gage stuff so i can't really comment, Luk told me the ending and it sounded silly. Plus that stupid comment of Ann Marie about Spider-Man's dating life.

Frankly, Slott Otto is weird, it doesn't really fit with anything that came before, i would argue that he doesn't even fit with Slott original vision.

Sandman also got turn back into a villain very badky, because it just sort of happened in the Mackie/Byrne reboot without much of an explanation, until Jenkins explained it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Hard same.

Like I get enjoying him as Superior because it's a Silver Age Supervillain trying to be a Superhero but I feel like Otto got too much of a pass for what he did and it was never a proper redemption story.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I mean, Absorbing Man and Titania seem to be keeping consistent.

I mean, Absorbing Man and Titania seem to be keeping consistent.
    To be fair though they'll probably be back to robbing banks by the time Gamma Flight is done.

Or at least Titania will find an excuse to fight She-Hulk.

Extraordinary Member

Damn, status quo strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hard same.

Like I get enjoying him as Superior because it's a Silver Age Supervillain trying to be a Superhero but I feel like Otto got too much of a pass for what he did and it was never a proper redemption story.
    Agreed, the first run he wasn't redeemed.Aside from all his horrible actions, he only did good because of Peter's memories.Vol 2 did a okay job IMO

Also they really gonna throw every Spider-character in this other than the one who should be here........Please for the love of god have him be a part of this.He is semi coming back end december, really hope that sticks and isn't bait.Chip would write the heck out of his return.