Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ash’s Pikachu VS 616 Storm

Pikachu gets all his feats from all the anime including the movies.

If Storm wins, which Legendary Pokémon from the anime can defeat her?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Pikachu gets all his feats from all the anime including the movies.

If Storm wins, which Legendary Pokémon from the anime can defeat her?
    In not sure that Pikachu can cross 100 feet with a Quick Attack before Storm sends him flying away with tornado force winds with a thought, especially since they are both having resistant to lightning bolts.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    In not sure that Pikachu can cross 100 feet with a Quick Attack before Storm sends him flying away with tornado force winds with a thought, especially since they are both having resistant to lightning bolts.
    I haven't really watched much pokemon in the last decade and a half, but I have seen Pikachu fight a mon that basically sliced up an arena sized forest and dashed from tree to tree while they were still midairto close on the thing. That feels like some legit super speed, and potentially enough to close here.

Edit: yeesh, ok so Pikachu did use a bunch of trees as a jungle gym as they (to the combatant's perspective) fell slowly through the air. But he also launched those himself just by striking the ground, so he can could also potentially disrupt Orodo's balance before crossing.

https://youtu.be/MZ0ZWKXajv8

Now like I said, I haven't watched much, so maybe this is SMvsFL. Bit if it stands...
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 10-12-2021 at 04:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I mean would he need to? Does Storm have a resistance to Electrical attacks

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I mean would he need to? Does Storm have a resistance to Electrical attacks
    Yep, she's very explicitly resistant to weather effects, including lightning. IIRC, she often engulfs herself in absolutely massive bolts of lightning to no I'll effect. But if Pikachu can land a single melee attack on her that would win the fight, but it would need to do so before she opens a giant-robot shredding tornado on, or inside, it.

Heck, is Pikachu resistant to having the electrical signals in its brain scrambled? ISTR Ororo being able to do crap like that with relative ease.

Yep, she's very explicitly resistant to weather effects, including lightning. IIRC, she often engulfs herself in absolutely massive bolts of lightning to no I'll effect. But if Pikachu can land a single melee attack on her that would win the fight, but it would need to do so before she opens a giant-robot shredding tornado on, or inside, it.

Heck, is Pikachu resistant to having the electrical signals in its brain scrambled? ISTR Ororo being able to do crap like that with relative ease.
    Wouldn't a tornado be a flying attack? Pikachu also has resistance to that.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Wouldn't a tornado be a flying attack? Pikachu also has resistance to that.
    It depends Whirlwind and Razor Wind are Normal, Twister is Dragon, etc.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    It depends Whirlwind and Razor Wind are Normal, Twister is Dragon, etc.
    But Hurricane, which is the most similar to a tornado, is flying.

Twister LITERALLY says you summon a tornado in it's description.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Move typing and matchups barely makes sense within the video games, and Pikachu in particular has disregsrded those rules often enough to where I wouldn't cite them as especially relevant. Also, Storm's power scale is such that she should be able to shred Pikachu even if she deals half damage. Assuming she can act, of course. If that feat I posted stands, I don't think she does.

There's also a chance Pikachu could overcome her electric resistance. It's done it before to Pokemon. What feats does she have for it, precisely? Especially when she's not generating the effect herself or otherwise actively able to defend.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Twister LITERALLY says you summon a tornado in it's description.
    I love that the word literally is used, completely calmly, when we're talking about a children's card game's character's chances against a comic book character.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I love that the word literally is used, completely calmly, when we're talking about a children's card game's character's chances against a comic book character.
    Children's card game? It was a video game first, anime second. The card game is like Territary at best. Oh wait, also several manga series...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    There's also a chance Pikachu could overcome her electric resistance. It's done it before to Pokemon. What feats does she have for it, precisely? Especially when she's not generating the effect herself or otherwise actively able to defend.
    Oh, man, Storm discussions. Fun.

Her feats are kind of all over the place for this. ISTR her ignoring an electric shock because, you know, MAGN... er... it was like lightning? OTOH, there was that one indelibly-marked, absolutely idiotic feat where she was fighting off some bad weather and the bad weather froze her. One of the X-people said "how can she be KO'd by that, isn't she immune to weather?" to which Chaz replied "Oh you poor stupid ****, nothing could be further from the truth." I might be paraphrasing. Something around X-Men Unlimited 1 or something.

I don't think that I'd grant her resistance to conditions that she doesn't create or have time to react to. Magneto can trivially catch bullets out of the air, but he has to be able to detect them inbound to do so. He does that up to bullet-speed no worries, but if that bullet were moving at .5 c from close range? I don't think I'd handwave that. Same for Ororo, at least for me.

Of course, someone is now going to post that she REACTS AT THE SPEED OF THOUGHT and that's the greatest thing in the history of ever, buuuuuuut, yeah, no.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Children's card game? It was a video game first, anime second. The card game is like Territary at best. Oh wait, also several manga series...
    You're not making the case of the thing being any less-tenuously connected to reality. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    You're not making the case of the thing being any less-tenuously connected to reality. :-)
    I'm just saying it makes WAY more sense than your average episode of Yu-Gi-Oh.

A lot less standing around talking too.