Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I would rather see Ben Reilly then Peter. Why? Not liking Ben is something that both MJ and Felicia can agree upon.
    Why? What did Ben do to Felicia?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why? What did Ben do to Felicia?
    Nothing yet, though as of the upcoming Spider-Man (Beyond) one-shot for Death of Doctor Strange, she just wants to be there to see him crash and burn.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    MJ's wary because of "what Ben brings" but last time Ben and Felicia met it seemed like you were going to get the Peter/Silk scenario with no need of plot induced pheromones.
    "What Ben brings" is similar to her bitching about Peter bringing disaster, I don't like that.

McKay's been writing her as a little mean-spirited (kinda) compared to "is an absolute tease that likes to rile everyone a little" she used to be and already said she's just interested in seeing "Ben crash and burn" on the Dr. Strange one shot thing which I'd just ascribe to his characterization more than anything.
    That's very nasty of Felicia, why would she want him to fail that badly?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Although it's just a kiss.Peter has kissed Jean Grey in front of cyclops and Sue in front of Reed so it's just comics doing comics.
    Don't think Jean was dating Cyclops at the time, at least lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    "What Ben brings" is similar to her bitching about Peter bringing disaster, I don't like that.

Don't think Jean was dating Cyclops at the time, at least lol.
    It's OOC, I get why though.

Guess we'll find out.I always thought she would be creeped out and not welcome any clones of Peter's, but wishing them to crash and burn is another new ballgame.Probably has something to do w/ the corporation IG.

Well Cyclops and angel were fighting on Jean before that IIRC

Astonishing Member

You know? The fact that Mary Jane is asking, from all the people, for Mary Jane's help is really suspictious. And the cover with MJ wearing a suit similar to Felicia, even more.

It made me think about a guy in DeviantArt that made an amazing comic about Mary Jane and Black Cat merging together into one by the Beyonder. Kinda like the "Infinity Warps". You can see his gallery here if you want:
    https://www.deviantart.com/marypuff/gallery

Maybe she's suspicious of Ben and what he and Beyond might have been involved in sidelining Peter.

Guess we'll find out.I always thought she would be creeped out and not welcome any clones of Peter's, but wishing them to crash and burn is another new ballgame.
    She was fine with Ben in Spider-Man Unlimited#11, even makes a joke about his butt indicating that he doesn't wall crawl enough:

https://i.imgur.com/VKLUlDF.png

Probably has something to do w/ the corporation IG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe she's suspicious of Ben and what he and Beyond might have been involved in sidelining Peter.
    That could make sense.

Well Cyclops and angel were fighting on Jean before that IIRC
    It was brief, but yeah:

https://i.imgur.com/jbyPgKQ.jpg

(Marvel Team-Up#4)

And the kiss was his way of thanking Jean but uh, yeah, don't molest Spidey:

https://i.imgur.com/sVdhZ55.png

It's also kinda awkward how they only congratulate Jean here, while she did help to find out where that professor Hans was, the rest of the team helped, since Angel was the one who found Morbius to begin with, and Cyclops the one who knocked him down, oh well, guess Conway wanted to have Spidey kissing a redhead and MJ wasn't available .

Peter and Silver Age Marvel girls .

Extraordinary Member

She was fine with Ben in Spider-Man Unlimited#11, even makes a joke about his butt indicating that he doesn't wall crawl enough:

https://i.imgur.com/VKLUlDF.png

That could make sense.

It was brief, but yeah:

https://i.imgur.com/jbyPgKQ.jpg

(Marvel Team-Up#4)

And the kiss was his way of thanking Jean but uh, yeah, don't molest Spidey:

https://i.imgur.com/sVdhZ55.png

It's also kinda awkward how they only congratulate Jean here, while she did help to find out where that professor Hans was, the rest of the team helped, since Angel was the one who found Morbius to begin with, and Cyclops the one who knocked him down, oh well, guess Conway wanted to have Spidey kissing a redhead and MJ wasn't available .
    I'm aware.I said I think she should, she was fine w/ it.Then again didn't Ben tell her he was the real Spider-man here IIRC?

Diff. times a lot of stuff like gambit would be cancelled now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Peter and Silver Age Marvel girls .
    LMAO yeah, only reason it doesn't happen anymore is because he's happily tied down otherwise you just know he gets around...

I'm aware.I said I think she should, she was fine w/ it.Then again didn't Ben tell her he was the real Spider-man here IIRC?
    He does try to act like he's the real Spider-Man to her, but he does that in general, Felicia never fell for it, as soon as she points out he's not Peter, he admits.

Diff. times a lot of stuff like gambit would be cancelled now.
    Even if we don't think about the molesting or sexual assault angle or whatever, he was dating Gwen at the time, so just kissing another woman at all is odd at least no matter what lol.

Funnily enough that kinda lines up with Untold Tales' annual#'96, since he went on that date with Sue, even though he was dating Betty at the time... Guess Peter wasn't really faithful back then lol.

LMAO yeah, only reason it doesn't happen anymore is because he's happily tied down otherwise you just know he gets around...
    In general he never really was that involved with other female super-heroes though.

Reminds me Wasp and him used to detest each other because of some "wasps and spiders are natural enemies" nonsense, wonder when that one stopped being used.

Extraordinary Member

He does try to act like he's the real Spider-Man to her, but he does that in general, Felicia never fell for it, as soon as she points out he's not Peter, he admits.

Even if we don't think about the molesting or sexual assault angle or whatever, he was dating Gwen at the time, so just kissing another woman at all is odd at least no matter what lol.

Funnily enough that kinda lines up with Untold Tales' annual#'96, since he went on that date with Sue, even though he was dating Betty at the time... Guess Peter wasn't really faithful back then lol.

In general he never really was that involved with other female super-heroes though.

Reminds me Wasp and him used to detest each other because of some "wasps and spiders are natural enemies" nonsense, wonder when that one stopped being used.
    Agreed

He was?I don't remember LMAO

Both Peter and MJ should be very faithful in character, but they are hundreds of writers so it's bound to happen.

Yeah, but he gets along w/ them fine.He got along fine w/ Jean, Cap. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Monica(Spectrum), etc.

He was?I don't remember LMAO
    MTU#4 is more or less a continuation of Morbius' story from ASM#101~102, MTU#3 has Morbius too but I haven't checked that one yet.

Checking the dates on the wiki, it was published around the time ASM#112 was out, so Gwen's alive, and not in London.

I can't exactly pinpoint when Untold Tales annual'#96 happened, only that it's after ASM#12, and the story makes it clear he's dating Betty, and he decided to go on a date with Sue anyways lol.

Both Peter and MJ should be very faithful in character, but they are hundreds of writers so it's bound to happen.
    Weird thing is that MTU#4 is written by Conway, would be more forgivable if it was a random writer lol.

Yeah, but he gets along w/ them fine.He got along fine w/ Jean, Cap. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Monica(Spectrum), etc.
    Yeah, "fine" I guess, Jean, aside from that kiss I'm not sure if she ever talked with Spidey after this, and did Wanda ever actually have a proper conversation with him? 'Cause for example, in Avengers#236 and #237, he only really talked with Cap, She-Hulk and Janet.

Guess largely neutral relationships like those are better than that other Wasp girl hating him lol.

Extraordinary Member

MTU#4 is more or less a continuation of Morbius' story from ASM#101~102, MTU#3 has Morbius too but I haven't checked that one yet.

Checking the dates on the wiki, it was published around the time ASM#112 was out, so Gwen's alive, and not in London.

I can't exactly pinpoint when Untold Tales annual'#96 happened, only that it's after ASM#12, and the story makes it clear he's dating Betty, and he decided to go on a date with Sue anyways lol.

Weird thing is that MTU#4 is written by Conway, would be more forgivable if it was a random writer lol.

Yeah, "fine" I guess, Jean, aside from that kiss I'm not sure if she ever talked with Spidey after this, and did Wanda ever actually have a proper conversation with him? 'Cause for example, in Avengers#236 and #237, he only really talked with Cap, She-Hulk and Janet.

Guess largely neutral relationships like those are better than that other Wasp girl hating him lol.
    Oh okay

Agreed, writers who have a entire run on the character should be better

Jean(and X-men) and Peter did team up again and Jean kissed him albiet on the cheek and told him she was thankful for him and he was a good man IIRC.

Nadia was a real b-word in that, the writer made her hate both Peter and Spidey and she even says that Miles is cool and it's the other Spider-man that sucks later.Great job by Marvel, never buying anything w/ her again......

Yeah, it makes sense for Nadia to dislike Peter, because the demise of Parker Industries meant that the Avengers team she was on lost their headquarters. It was Nadia who had to provide a temporary replacement, at her GIRL lab. Her hatred of Peter's Spider-Man though makes no sense. Especially when she doesn't have any problem with Miles.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I prefer that they show characters in committed, monogamous relationships as opposed to playing the field.