Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    i love this ^^
    it was an amazing issue that worked to establish exactly who Wonder Womans supporting cast is probably going to be in the coming months, set up a fun conflict for the following issue, and now we have an opportunity to explore some delightful dynamics going forward.

Im especially excited by the Holliday girls popping up. They havn't been a thing in the main continuity in a very very long time.
    Conrad said at least one story was heavily inspired by the Golden Age. So I'm hoping this is just one indication that they are pulling a lot of stuff from that era.

Incredible Member

Fanservice done right!

Moore's pages were gorgeous and it was great to be back on Themyscira for a bit. I loved Cloonrad's depiction of Nubia and Diana's relationship. Diana pledges herself to truth and Nubia to understanding. Good stuff. Also, we got legit everybody up in this issue! Hippolyta, Nubia, Donna, Cassie, Yara, Artemis, Steve, Etta, and the effing Holliday Girls. Like, what? Also, Donna and Cassie were in Gateway City! Are Cloonrad on this board? Even if it's just an Easter egg, we've established that Gateway City exists in current continuity and maybe that'll be used in the future, like I know many of us want.

I also appreciate Cloonrad going out of their way to show that Diana is very much well-regarded and a celebrity in the DC Universe. And that they acknowledged she saved the multiverse. Can't wait for what comes next, I'm legit hyped. We have an actually Wonder fam and all the editor's notes from Brittany make me feel like there is some serious planning and collaboration going on behind the scenes to build up the Wonder world properly.

Incredible Member

Nice issue. Hope the next issue continues with Diana checking in with everyone. Hoping for more of Donna, Cassie and Artemis. Very nice to see they remembered to include everybody in a cameo at least, but I still want to see some proper reunions.

Though the Cassie and Donna moment brought up some of the issue with the ambiguity of just what the current histories for the characters are. Donna and Cassie are friends again(very good), but Artemis and Cassie were acting like strangers over Yara's book(which was a disappointment). Why give Donna and Cassie their relationship back but not Cassie and Artemis? I wish they just restored everybody's relationships with the everybody remembers everything stuff for consistency, instead of whatever they did. Or would clear up what they did. Anyway, I'm nitpicking. Still loved the scene with Donna and Cassie despite my continuity fridge logic questioning.

Loved it. It’s great to see all of Diana's major supporting characters in one issue. Well, except for Julia and Vanessa I guess, but that's Robinson's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Nice issue. Hope the next issue continues with Diana checking in with everyone. Hoping for more of Donna, Cassie and Artemis. Very nice to see they remembered to include everybody in a cameo at least, but I still want to see some proper reunions.

Though the Cassie and Donna moment brought up some of the issue with the ambiguity of just what the current histories for the characters are. Donna and Cassie are friends again(very good), but Artemis and Cassie were acting like strangers over Yara's book(which was a disappointment). Why give Donna and Cassie their relationship back but not Cassie and Artemis? I wish they just restored everybody's relationships with the everybody remembers everything stuff for consistency, instead of whatever they did. Or would clear up what they did. Anyway, I'm nitpicking. Still loved the scene with Donna and Cassie despite my continuity fridge logic questioning.
    If I had to guess it might be because alot more had to be done with Artemis' whole backstory. The post crisis version had a completly different history from the Artemis we currently know.
    Artemis has not spent a decade of her life growing up in hell.
    She didn't become Wonder Woman in order to aid her people who were being treated like second class Amazons.
    She didn't die and marry one of the rulers of hell.
    She probably didn't ally herself with the wizard of Waverly place in order to fight demons using the anti demon spells she knows.
    The Bana were not all massacered six ways to sunday and forced to sacrifice their culture and everything about themselves to fully integrate with the Themyscira Amazons.
    Artemis did not become the head of Themysciras military and second most influential political figure behind Philipus.

She has instead
    had a past relationship with another Bana Amazon of vague nature.
    Left the Bana to travel the world when she was not chosen as the Shim'Tar.
    Got her hands on a soulbound magic battleaxe.
    Did a stint as a private mercenary including working for Lex Luthor for a bit.
    Got her hands on the bow of Ra which fires the sun at people.
    Returned to the Bana and went on to train the next generation in how to be awesome sauce warriors.

Comparatively, very little changed for Cassie and Donna because their entire identity wasn't entirely wrapped around the Banas city magically vanishing, forcing them to move onto Themyscira.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Loved it. It’s great to see all of Diana's major supporting characters in one issue. Well, except for Julia and Vanessa I guess, but that's Robinson's fault.
    With Vanessa as the Swan being in Travis Moore's spread of characters, I'm hoping that's an indicator we're going to see her and they pull a "Julia never died, it was all a trick by Psycho" twist on us.

Incredible Member

If I had to guess it might be because alot more had to be done with Artemis' whole backstory. The post crisis version had a completly different history from the Artemis we currently know.
    She didn't become Wonder Woman in order to aid her people who were being treated like second class Amazons.
    She probably didn't ally herself with the wizard of Waverly place in order to fight demons using the anti demon spells she knows.
    The Bana were not all massacered six ways to sunday and forced to sacrifice their culture and everything about themselves to fully integrate with the Themyscira Amazons.
    Artemis did not become the head of Themysciras military and second most influential political figure behind Philipus.

She has instead
    Returned to the Bana and went on to train the next generation in how to be awesome sauce warriors.

Comparatively, very little changed for Cassie and Donna because their entire identity wasn't entirely wrapped around the Banas city magically vanishing, forcing them to move onto Themyscira.
    Still, I'm one of the few people who liked the idea of just letting everybody remember their histories and friendships from the past iterations of the universe, and wished it had been consistently applied. It was a nice shortcut to restore everybody's past relationships without the hassle of trying to rebuild them from scratch. Which we we don't even seem to be getting since Cassie and Artemis are separating and out of Wonder Girl after issue #4 according to this issues foot notes. So even if Artemis actually life history has lead to different circumstances, she could still get those relationships and experiences back. But for whatever reason most people don't like the idea of the characters remembering their previous lives. But I digress, this just me nitpicking about continuity and what I want character relationships to be.

Of course you can also bring up questions about Cassie's and Donna's current origins and histories that need to be cleared up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Loved it. Catching up with everyone was great (Holliday Girls!). I'm a little disappointed other villains are going to work with Dr. Psycho as I can't see how any woman would, but oh well.
    Maybe Cheetah will eat his Achilles tendon at the end

She has instead

Is it wrong that I am still waiting for Maya to show up to take her bow back?
    Last edited by Stanlos; 10-12-2021 at 03:00 PM.

This really was a fanservice issue, and I mean that in all the best ways. It was so nice seeing most of her important relationships reaffirmed here: we got guest appearances from other heroes that was actually great (smiley Batman! an increasingly rare cameo by Hal! Dinah hugs! J'onn and oreos! Clark probably dying to share the news that Jon came out!). Plus Hippolyta, Steve, Etta, the Wonder Girls, Artemis, Nubia and the Amazons. Only ones missing were the Kapatelis women and Ferdinand.

Art was great as always when Moore is on it. Wish he'd stick around.

The Holliday Girls as a biker gang is the BEST THING EVER

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It was nice and refreshing to finally see all of the Wonder family under one title!

I was ready to roll my eyes when Diana walked through JL HQ and was about to go off on a mission with Fate and there had been no mention or sight of Hippolyta so I was delighted to see her finally show up and have several pages with Diana. I also didnt want her to just jump back into her normal role as a superhero, so even "resting" for a couple of pages was very good.

I just wish we had gotten Cassie/Donna/Hippolyta all on Themiscryia celebrating her return since I still fear this is as close as we'll get to a "reunion" and cant see them just going "SHE"S BACK! Ok now back to Titans tower"

This issue was fantastic! [Now back to read this thread.]
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    It was nice to see footnotes referencing where this story stood in continuity compared to other books.
    Hello! I was like, have I been sent back to the eighties?

I wouldn’t diminish this issue by calling it fanservice. Yes, we wanted this, but it all makes sense in-universe. This is how I would expect the world to react.
    Last edited by Largo161; 10-12-2021 at 07:08 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

That is the only downfall of a Shared universe. Diana died saving everyone and the world went on perfectly fine without her. There was no real upset of power balance.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Perhaps Cloonrad is going to turn Villainy Inc. upside down and make it an all male team of villains including:

Angle Man
    Aegeus
    Dr. Psycho
    Duke of Deception
    Kung
    Minister Blizzard
    White Magician
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I think Maxwell Lord or Veronica Cale would be the most rational option behind the call to Dr. Psycho.
    Anyone other than one of them would be a pleasant surprise for me.