View Poll Results: Who was the first "Robin" (partner of Batman) you ever read about in comic books

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dick Grayson (original Robin)

19 40.43%
  • Jason Todd (introduced 1983)

5 10.64%
  • Carrie Kelley (Frank Miller's future Robin, introduced in 1986)

0 0%
  • Tim Drake (introduced 1989)

12 25.53%
  • Stephanie Brown (became Robin in 2004)

0 0%
  • Damian Wayne (introduced 2006)

10 21.28%
  • Helena Wayne (New52's Earth 2 version, introduced 2012)

0 0%
  • Duke Thomas (Robin from Futures End in 2014)

0 0%
  • Matt McGinnis (younger brother of Terry McGinnis in Batman Beyond / 2018)

0 0%
  • We Are Robin gang (2015-2016)

1 2.13%
  • young Bruce Wayne (see Detective Comics #226, December 1955)

0 0%
  • Bruce Wayne, Jr. (see Batman #131 and others, 1960-1964)

0 0%
  • other (please specify in a separate post)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dick
    Knights of Knavery
    The first ever team up of Joker and Penguin

All-New Member

Dick Grayson
    The Uncanny X-Men and The New Teen Titans

Batman #457 was my first issue of Batman ever.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, Star Wars, Crossover, Something is Killing the Children, Flash, Nightwing, Home Sick Pilots, Nice House on the Lake, and Iron Man.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #424, 427-428, 430-

Fantastic Member

Technically Speaking Dick Grayson I was introduced to first via the films and DCAU.

Mainstream comics, it was Tim Drake (who fortunately I learnt via TNBA); during the War Games Arc.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Tim Drake.

All-New Member

Technically Speaking Dick Grayson and later Jason I was also introduced to first them through the show, films and DCAU. However in the comics it was Damian Wayne .

All-New Member

For me it was Jason Todd in 1984 (yes, I'm that old...).
    I loved him.

Technically, Jason Todd, so I voted for him. First legit Batman comic book I read was during the "Death in the Family" arc, as it was really hyped up in school (7th grade, lol).

But I did have a Batman hardcover audio book which was pretty much a comic. Came with a cassette tape, and it was all in picture form. I had to look it up online, but it was from Fisher Price and was called "Batman: The Case of the Laughing Sphinx", and it had Robin (Dick Grayson). It was a pretty cool introductory story, as it had some of the main Batman villains: Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman.

Here's a picture I found online. I used to read/listen to this book many a times when I was around 8yrs old. I also had a Wonder Woman book from the same line. Apparently, there were also books on the Justice League, as well as Superman, but I didn't have those two.....I also had a 70s Batman coloring book which had Dick Grayson as Robin. It was a coloring book in story form, so it was sort of a comic, but that definitely doesn't count. I actually still have both Fisher Price audio-books, as well as the coloring book. They're in storage.

Last edited by Ramsay Snow; 10-14-2021 at 02:23 AM.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Technically, Jason Todd, so I voted for him. First legit Batman comic book I read was during the "Death in the Family" arc, as it was really hyped up in school (7th grade, lol).

But I did have a Batman hardcover audio book which was pretty much a comic. Came with a cassette tape, and it was all in picture form. I had to look it up online, but it was from Fisher Price and was called "Batman: The Case of the Laughing Sphinx", and it had Robin (Dick Grayson). It was a pretty cool introductory story, as it had some of the main Batman villains: Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman.

Here's a picture I found online. I used to read/listen to this book many a times when I was around 8yrs old. I also had a Wonder Woman book from the same line. Apparently, there were also books on the Justice League, as well as Superman, but I didn't have those two.....I also had a 70s Batman coloring book which had Dick Grayson as Robin. It was a coloring book in story form, so it was sort of a comic, but that definitely doesn't count. I actually still have both Fisher Price audio-books, as well as the coloring book. They're in storage.

Man this is amazing!
    I would have killed to have it when i was a kid. We didn’t have it here in Italy.
    This kind of book/cassette or record player were only about Disney stuff or fairy tales for children.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Dick by virtue of reprints of '60s to '70s stories and collections (Greatest Batman/Joker Stories Ever Told) and then Batman Adventures, which were also reprints here in the UK on glossy A4 paper with other features on BTAS and reader letters included.

When I moved on to mainline comics after being hooked by the Knightfall TPBs Tim was wearing the costume.
    Last edited by exile001; 10-14-2021 at 06:48 AM.
    Just. Be. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Man this is amazing!
    I would have killed to have it when i was a kid. We didn’t have it here in Italy.
    This kind of book/cassette or record player were only about Disney stuff or fairy tales for children.
    I had a bunch of the Disney ones. Those were essentially the early 80s version of VHS/DVD for kids, since videotape was pretty expensive back then, so it wasn't really an option.

If you look at the price-tag of that Batman audiobook, $8 in the early 80s is probably like $20-$35 by today's standards, so even that isn't cheap.

Batman #279.

Batman279.jpg

Damian Wayne Morrisons Batman and Robin

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Batman #279.

Batman279.jpg
    That was your first comic book story with "Robin" in it?