Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Dune spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Saw this for the 3rd time (2nd time in IMAX) the other night. I’ve enjoyed it more and more with each viewing.

Although I still think the ending is a bit anti climactic, I think it would have been difficult to have a part 1 end any other way due to how the book is structured.

Honestly if you have the money, go see it in imax

Villeneuve was doing a q and a after my screening and he seemed lovely and humble
    I think ending it with Paul becoming Mua'dib would've been better, then part 2 could be the Prophet section (the finale) of the book.

But it was still good.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think ending it with Paul becoming Mua'dib would've been better, then part 2 could be the Prophet section (the finale) of the book.

But it was still good.
    I’ve been trying to work out where I would end it myself

I feel like ending it with Paul becoming Muadib would overall hurt the second movie as I think a big part of that movie would have to use those plot points to make up the meat of the movie. I could be misremembering the structure of the book, but from what I remember it was quite a bit into chapter 2.

I thought the most organic ending would be after the Assault on Arakeen and Leto’s death, but then the Fremen would feel fairly out of left field in the second movie. So I honestly have no idea how to make the ending of part 1 feel more organic, without bloating the run time to 3 hours. And any way I can think of has a negative effect on the second movie

In the end though it won’t matter as long as part 2 is good! I feel they’ll add up into a great 5 hour story as opposed to two separate movies