Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Webtoon Batman Comic, Wayne Family Adventures, Gets Live-Action Miniseries

As part of Batman day, DC Comics announced a new original series on Webtoon called Batman: Wayne Family Adventures. This comedic series focused on the day-to-day lives of the extended Wayne family.

Now, Webtoon has announced an official live-action adaptation from the filmmakers at Ismahawk.

This short series will premiere exclusively on Ismahawk's YouTube channel and will serve as an official live-action version of Webtoon and DC's record-breaking Batman comic. The three-part miniseries will premiere mid-October and you can check out the full cast below.

Here are the Wayne family members that will appear in the live-action shorts.

Jonathan Bentley as Bruce Wayne
    Yoshi Sudarso as Dick Grayson/Nightwing
    Lisa Foiles as Barbara Gordon/Oracle
    Tim Neff as Jason Todd/Red Hood
    Peter Sudarso as Tim Drake/Red Robin
    Meghan Camarena as Stephanie Brown/Spoiler
    Gemma Nguyen as Cassandra Cain/Orphan
    Carter Rockwood as Damien Wayne/Robin
    Du-Shaunt 'Fik-Shun' Stegall as Duke Thomas/Signal
    Marcus Weiss as Alfred Pennyworth

https://www.ign.com/articles/batman-...on-series-cast

Astonishing Member

More live action cass

Definitely will check it out.

I know Dick being Romani has been tossed around a little bit in fanfics, and barely more than mentioned in comics, but in this they flat out made him Japanese. I admit, that's not a direction I ever expected for him.

The guy playing Jason, looks about how I would expect Jason to look.

Ok, can't say I saw that one coming. I guess it really, really is popular. Good. It's a very enjoyable slice of life webcomic. Have no idea what Ismahawk is, though.

I'm not so much looking forward to the still rumoured Death in the Family adaptation, though. Doesn't give me very good vibes, to be honest. Could be even worse than the last two seasons of Titans, if there's not a solid writing team behind it. And the little that was rumoured didn't sound very solid, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I know Dick being Romani has been tossed around a little bit in fanfics, and barely more than mentioned in comics, but in this they flat out made him Japanese. I admit, that's not a direction I ever expected for him.
    [nerd]

Yoshi and his brother (the guy playing Tim) are actually of Indonesian/JaVanese descent.

Fun fact: They've both also played blue Power Rangers in recent years.
    [/nerd]

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    [nerd]

Yoshi and his brother (the guy playing Tim) are actually of Indonesian/JaVanese descent.

[/nerd]
    My bad. Didn't realize others used names that are common in Japan. That, or a certain dinosaur from Super Mario Bros. got really popular.

Either way, it's still an interesting choice for Dick and Tim. Though not surprising. IIRC, Yoshi's worked with this channel before on a few other things and is the easiest big-ish name to get. Combine that with the fact that he and Peter are huge nerds, and of course they were gonna end up being in this lol

Fun fact #2: Dick and Tim's actors aren't the only Power Rangers alum in this cast. The woman who's playing Steph was the Pink Hyperforce ranger.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-06-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Either way, it's still an interesting choice for Dick and Tim. Though not surprising. IIRC, Yoshi's worked with this channel before on a few other things and is the easiest big-ish name to get. Combine that with the fact that he and Peter are huge nerds, and of course they were gonna end up being in this lol

Fun fact #2: Dick and Tim's actors aren't the only Power Rangers alum in this cast. The woman who's playing Steph was the Pink Hyperforce ranger.
    You know, I bet there'll be memes all over the net about the Robins been colour coded power rangers all along.

Yoshi and Peter were on that Hyperforce team too as the green and red rangers (it was a role play, not a proper season). Peter's also been in Supergirl as Kenny Li.
    https://powerrangers.fandom.com/wiki...ers_HyperForce

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yoshi Sudarso isn't Japanese. But he can pass for it so well, that after his stint in Power Rangers Dino Charge, he cameoed in episode 34 of Shuriken Sentai Ninninger - which was later adapted as his brother Peter's show, Power Rangers Ninja Steel!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-06-2021 at 12:08 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Batfamily show I never expected .

The suits don't even look half-bad. It's like what Titans wishes it was .
    [/nerd]
    I think I remember one of them congratulating the other at becoming a Ranger at Power Morphicon.

here's a collage of the cast
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Batfamily show I never expected .

The suits don't even look half-bad. It's like what Titans wishes it was .

I think I remember one of them congratulating the other at becoming a Ranger at Power Morphicon.
    Yep. They both auditioned for Power Rangers a few times and Yoshi finally got picked for Dino Charge. Then when it was time for him to introduce the blue ranger for the season after his, they surprised him by revealing that his brother got the part.

Last edited by Blue22; 10-06-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

here's a collage of the cast
    Jason's looks like Jensen Ackles if they upped the pretty boy factor.