Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 350
  1. #61
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    But what about that Laura? Isn't she still in the vault? I can't help but think they might bring vault Laura back as a villain for hero Laura?

    Also, if I had written the Laura/Sync romance, I would've not had it happen in the vault. I'd have Laura find a different family in the vault (maybe they could be future villains mad that Laura "left" them?), and that's what she fears remembering. Sync was there so he helps her remember, and through him helping her, then they start to slowly fall in love.
    Well unless you can adapt to not get any for centuries like darwin must have had to do somehow these teens (i'm assuming synch must be like 18/19 to laura 19/20) were going to need some at some point so i can understand the argument of well is this really the best option for either of them given they really had no other choices but on the flip it's not that hard to believe getting some turned into love in such stakes.

    Edit: especially since neither character has been shown to be asexual.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  2. #62
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Some old school fams just hate powerful women. I bet you don’t disparage the Hulk beating someone up as Mary Sue.
    People that don't have arguments result to name calling of sexism (or racism). It's clearly a Mary Sue moment because it sees a character who is a threat to whole teams or extremely powerful ones like Strange in a contrived way to make her seems cool in a filler issue clearly designed just for that. Also, if you want a Mary Sue Hulk, read Jeph Loeb's Red Hulk (or better, don't).

  3. #63
    Fantastic Member Starchilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Chile, South America
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

    And no offense, but Laura fans are in the same boat as Jean fans atp. Just complaining to complain. Re-read All-New Wolverine if you wanna see Laura be a partnerless heroine who only looks out for her sister.
    I don't think we have been complaining about Duggan's X-Men lol it has been good for Jean.

  4. #64
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    People that don't have arguments result to name calling of sexism (or racism). It's clearly a Mary Sue moment because it sees a character who is a threat to whole teams or extremely powerful ones like Strange in a contrived way to make her seems cool in a filler issue clearly designed just for that. Also, if you want a Mary Sue Hulk, read Jeph Loeb's Red Hulk (or better, don't).
    Nightmares power lies mostly in his realm. As for the Omega Level comment the sentence is just missing a comma before the and.

  5. #65
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. People are creating "creepy" vibes from Everett in their minds. I haven't seen one creepy thing.
    This makes me want to give side-eye. Everett has been portrayed as wise and dignified.

  6. #66
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,337

    Default

    And just to be fair, the only reason i don't think the Telekinetic and Telepath omega thing is messy is because jean is already on the list so it doesn't add anything and i think her psionic form can push her telekinesis to omega level but i do think that needs to be made clear as it alters the definition that was set forth to simplify it by not linking those two. So time to bring back pink form.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  7. #67
    Spectacular Member Rakurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I like the fact that laura has a blank spot due to the vault and her death, imo it greatly cements that these are in fact the real thing and not clones. Given when laura died almost making it completely out the vault it's not hard to believe Cerebro could have captured a little more of her upload than previously thought but not all of it.

    Though i wouldn't be surprised if the twist is Laura did not die in the vault and healed and a version is still trapped there.
    Agreed, that's quite an interesting possibility. I like your point of view.

  8. #68
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,866

    Default

    This feels like stalling for Inferno. It sounds like this book will get overhauled again after it.

  9. #69
    Fantastic Member Starchilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Chile, South America
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Hear hear!!! Posters labeling Synch creepy always made me give the side eye.
    Yeah I don't know where is the creepiness. He has memories she does not, but I have not seen him being a creep or stalker at all.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 10-13-2021 at 08:43 AM.

  10. #70
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Sync fans are really insecure. Damn.

    I've already stated multiple times the creepy behavior comes from the male writers, and I gave several examples of this happening with other characters who are not creepy but are made to act creepy in the name of romance.

  11. #71
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Hear hear!!! Posters labeling Synch creepy always made me give the side eye.
    Ugh. Worst part is Iím not surprised in the slightest.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    So what if there was no romance in her solo book? I think that's why most of us loved that book.
    Then read that book. Meanwhile, there are inevitably going to be stories about soap opera and romance involving your favs.

    And I'm not calling Sync creepy, I'm calling the writers creepy for thinking this story would work the way it's been presented.

    The male writers do this a lot though. A few years ago, they had Colossus creepily stalking Kitty and the audience hated it. The sad thing is you can tell they want these moments to come off as the male partner romantically longing for the female (as opposed to vice versa) but the problem is the females could care less (Kitty) or is creeped out by him (Laura). (And yes, most of us would be creeped out by someone saying they had this powerful relationship with a "version" that may or may not still be alive) . It's almost what an "incel" would think is "romantic".
    Sync also comes off creepy longing
    No, what made Colossus a creep was moving into his exís old bedroom and propositioning her over and over again while she was in the middle of breaking off her engagement with Star-Lord. What made him a creep was the age gap at the very inception of their relationship. And Laura isnít creeped about by Synch, she doesnít want the baggage of an entire life that would change who she is. Youíre comparing apples and oranges.

    Another creepy example is when they had Old Man Logan longing for teen Jean cause she reminded him of the adult Jean he had an affair/romance with.
    He never longed for her. They just hung out. None of these situations youíre bringing up are relevant to Laura and Everett. Laura and Ev are from the same universe, went through the same trials and tribulations, and are having conflicting feels on how to deal with those experiences after the fact.

  12. #72
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I do enjoy that subconsciously she knows it's hideous & has to go.

    Now that her past is acknowledged, I hope that she gets a costume similar to this cool Phoenix costume below.


  13. #73
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,337

    Default

    One thing is not clear to me. Does the scene with Filong imply if scott shot someone in space with his powers through his ruby quartz lense he could theoretically imbue them with cosmic energy if they could absorb it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  14. #74
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    5,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    People that don't have arguments result to name calling of sexism (or racism). It's clearly a Mary Sue moment because it sees a character who is a threat to whole teams or extremely powerful ones like Strange in a contrived way to make her seems cool in a filler issue clearly designed just for that. Also, if you want a Mary Sue Hulk, read Jeph Loeb's Red Hulk (or better, don't).
    I do agree in a sense that Nightmare was just using his Telepathy here when we know he can use Magic and much more even outside his dimension.And he's taken over hordes of teams as well.Given her current power level w/ the Knull thing I buy she could overpower him in TP, but Nightmare has way too many Hax abilities for Jean and/or most heroes.

    Just take it for what it is, nightmare is just used as a plot device for Jean.This could have been done w/ any other demon/entity(maybe connect it to the Pryor ressurection) and would have been the same.

    A way too make this work is put a limitation on Nightmare.Like w/ Spider-man vs Zarathos the latter could easily kill the former but the bet was made by Mephisto and beyonder that Zarathos had to break his spirit and renounce his responsibility vow and Kingpin was involved.If they made a bet or something, maybe Mephisto since he has a big event coming then it could have been a TP only thing.

  15. #75
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    One thing is not clear to me. Does the scene with Filong imply if scott shot someone in space with his powers through his ruby quartz lense he could theoretically imbue them with cosmic energy if they could absorb it.
    maybe it's the whole Scott being a sort of a battery type of mutant(the reason sinster initially wanted Scott to produce and offspring with jean is their child would be super boosted from his power) I guess?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •