Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

A must-read:

Jean Grey's Telling on Herself Again in X-Men #4
    X-Men #4 says what we've all been thinking about Jean Grey's new Marvel Girl era.

https://gizmodo.com/jean-greys-telli...tm_content=io9

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rogue fans be like

Nuh uh, don't do us like that. Some of us is ok with other characters getting some shine. My Rogue will get hers when its her time. If not then there will be another time

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Duggan says the next issue is a big one for Lorna!
    So is he going for the specific issues highlight specific characters type of writing?
    Because while great for characters it may slow down the plot

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    So is he going for the specific issues highlight specific characters type of writing?
    I have no idea.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm just throwing it out there, it's too early to call , but blowing it up is not how Orchis roll either.
    That's the whole point. Orchis would go for a convoluted scheme a la Captain Krakoa, Heng would do something more straightforward like, say, turning himself into a WMD and blowing up half of Arakko.

I think Stasis in particular is a little too keen on scientific experiments requiring bodies and he is with Heng.
    Is he, though? Been rereading the passages featuring them, but apart from the circumstantial ruby quartz connection, they seem to be doing their own thing.

So if Heng isn't Pandemic 2.0 ,Stasis , may be ..maybe they want to make the first chimera of Arraki and some other alien lifeform..the cover of X-Men 5 is looking ominous. Then again maybe Heng wants to power up to be Captain Krakoa who will work for humanity as an 'autonomous' citizen obviously to rile Krakoa's leadership and teams.Let's wait and see
    Just throwing it out there, but maybe we're supposed to take X-Men #5's cover at face value and Captain Krakoa is simply the Orchis-manufactured evil test tube baby of Cyclops and Wolverine. We'd even get a "Read Inferno!" Editor's Note out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He said this before the book launched:

Duggan: The outline is done and dusted, and every member of the team is going to have their issue not just to be the coolest mutant, but the most important character in the Marvel Universe for one month. Can't wait for you to join us. Hope you survive the experience.
    I don't necessarily think he means an issue dedicated solely to each character, but perhaps a major flex or plot point where they are the star.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

All-New Member

It would be nice if the X-Men could face a true threat. It's boring when they defeat and lecture anyone who comes their way.

Quote Originally Posted by logansrunt View Post
    It would be nice if the X-Men could face a true threat. It's boring when they defeat and lecture anyone who comes their way.
    HE had them beat last issue but parlayed to get some of Synch’s dna.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    That's the whole point. Orchis would go for a convoluted scheme a la Captain Krakoa, Heng would do something more straightforward like, say, turning himself into a WMD and blowing up half of Arakko.

Is he, though? Been rereading the passages featuring them, but apart from the circumstantial ruby quartz connection, they seem to be doing their own thing.

Just throwing it out there, but maybe we're supposed to take X-Men #5's cover at face value and Captain Krakoa is simply the Orchis-manufactured evil test tube baby of Cyclops and Wolverine. We'd even get a "Read Inferno!" Editor's Note out of it.
    Hm interesting idea on Captain K, so Maddie coming between Scott and Jean is oldschool , Captain K( a Logan -Scott hybrid) coming between Cyke-Jean-Logan is newschool? Well recycled but intriguing..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    HE had them beat last issue but parlayed to get some of Synch’s dna.
    HE was too civil,we need 'Los Ninos de la Camara' to show Krakoa who the apex predator is.

I just realized Duggan has now written two team members' Gala speeches, giving us a peek into their drives and emotional motivations. I have a feeling he plans on doing the same for each character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    He said this before the book launched:

I don't necessarily think he means an issue dedicated solely to each character, but perhaps a major flex or plot point where they are the star.
    I thought the High Evolutionary issue was a good Jean and small Synch flex as opposed to Nightmare issue which was a Jean solo one.Could be that he 1 got solo type issue and it went to Jean and rest will have smaller spotlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I just realized Duggan has now written two team members' Gala speeches, giving us a peek into their drives and emotional motivations. I have a feeling he plans on doing the same for each character.
    Absolutely, although Sunfire's was a bit shoehorned in.Jean's fit in well, as well as it could have.So I wonder how he will create circumstances for each hero to monologue their speech.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Hm interesting idea on Captain K, so Maddie coming between Scott and Jean is oldschool , Captain K( a Logan -Scott hybrid) coming between Cyke-Jean-Logan is newschool? Well recycled but intriguing..
    A potenti... meh, inevitably unfortunate side-effect of Orchis' potential Totally Obvious Yet Somehow Ultimate Sleeper Agent scheme, most likely.

So far, Duggan's work in Marauders and X-Men has been nowhere near his Uncanny Avengers run.

Let's hope he can turn this ship around.

Duggan’s UA run was sublime! Better than Remender’s, which I also enjoyed. But Remender’s magnum opus was Uncanny X-Force, or at least the Dark Angel Saga (it kind of fell off from there IMO but was still good in its entirety).