Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
Overthinking this. This is about scenery-chewing and reliving her Jeen Glory Days.
I suppose we'll see if this is true or not within the next 3-6 months.

Tier 1:
Marvel Girl: Pretty much her own MVP issue, always been given something plot-meaningful to do so far, villains praising her just because [as the High Evolutionary put it, she is "extremely intelligent"]. *Significantly* ahead of the pack.
I'm charmed by the fact that you see it this way. All I have to say is: She fucking deserves it. All of it.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
Tier 2:
Synch: Issue #2's MVP, ongoing character arc/presence. On the quiet side, but solid overall.
Polaris: Came out the gate strong, but not much to chew on ever since. Was tempted to put her in Tier 3, but she did stand next to Jean for a while in Issue #2. Really shouldn't be a Power Ranking metric and yet...

Tier 3:
Sunfire: Issue #3's MVP, but pretty much a non-entity in literally ever other scene.
Cyclops: In a weird place. More speech bubbles than Polaris/Synch/Sunfire, hasn't given orders that didn't make sense, has an obvious personal arc upcoming, but holy hell has he been the team's Distressed Dude so far.

Tier 4:
Rogue: She's... there.
Wolverine: Sliced Synch's finger open.

Any major objections?
I can agree with this. I think Duggan has held off on highlighting Scott more precisely because he's a major arc coming. Also, Laura has done more than slice Synch's finger open (LOL!). We got a peek into her fears in this issue. Obviously, it's not the fulcrum upon which her character spins, but it certainly hints at that being the reason why she's been so subdued.

We'll see how it goes. I, for one, am on for the entire ride.