Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    ... fluffy story that holds little narrative weight. The story is overall not connected to anything we've seen in this run, nor anything in the foreseeable future...
    Considering she's the founder and co-leader of the team, Jean's development, psychological and otherwise, is very important and connected to everything regarding this team. Duggan touched upon so much regarding her that... Anyway.

I get that some people wanted other characters to shine and may not even like Jean as a character, but she is both integral to this team and to the X-Men mythos in general. Compared to the amount of time and focus that have been superfluously dedicated to other characters that shall remain nameless, this was a blip. An important one, but a blip nonetheless. As Xavier's first student, a founding member of the X-Men, and the first X-Woman, she truly deserved this and, quite frankly, deserves so much more.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Considering she's the founder and co-leader of the team, Jean's development, psychological and otherwise, is very important and connected to everything regarding this team. Duggan touched upon so much regarding her that... Anyway.

I get that some people wanted other characters to shine and may not even like Jean as a character, but she is both integral to this team and to the X-Men mythos in general. Compared to the amount of time and focus that have been superfluously dedicated to other characters that shall remain nameless, this was a blip. An important one, but a blip nonetheless. As Xavier's first student, a founding member of the X-Men, and the first X-Woman, she truly deserved this and, quite frankly, deserves so much more.
    It's a small thing, but it's co-founder and co-leader. It was on her variant card cover.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It's a small thing, but it's co-founder and co-leader. It was on her variant card cover.
    Actually, no. I was very deliberate in my wording:

Did I miss a page...?

EDIT: To be fair, she does say "we," but...

In case anyone's interested, this is what I've been able to find out about Nightmare's powers and abilities:

Nightmare is a nigh-omnipotent, nigh-omniscient and nigh-omnipresent entity who rules the Dream Dimension. He also has the ability to draw power from the psychic energies of the subconscious minds of dreaming beings.

Nightmare is able to capture a sleeping person's astral form and bring it to his realm. There they are tormented in various ways as he chooses. Nightmare can summon a number of lower beings in his realm such as succubi to do his bidding. Nightmare can summon his mount, Dreamstalker when needed. Under normal conditions, Nightmare cannot affect an individual who is awake. However, his images and other creations can continue to haunt a person in their waking hours.

Nightmare has been shown capable of simultaneously subduing two Earth demigods, an Eternal, an Elder God, and a genius-level human teenager with ease through magic while assessing their worst fears from the darkest crevices of their minds, though is actually capable of sustaining reasonable physical harm with one strike from Hercules. His existence and vast knowledge is known to the Council of Godheads. As long as there are beings that dream, Nightmare will exist. While he has been defeated, he can never truly be destroyed.

Actually, no. I was very deliberate in my wording:

Did I miss a page...?

EDIT: To be fair, she does say "we," but...
    She says "we" because it's a joint effort. X-Men #15 has Scott doing most of the talking and that's where the idea for reforming the X-Men came from for them. Here, she fleshes out what they came up with. She even says "Scott and I".

What makes it Jean's idea specifically in those panels?
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

She says "we" because it's a joint effort. X-Men #15 has Scott doing most of the talking and that's where the idea for reforming the X-Men came from for them. Here, she fleshes out what they came up with. She even says "Scott and I".
    I know, that's why I edited my post right after I posted it. Sorry for being snippy. I'm just tired of people slagging Jean. While she has been given beautiful moments by Hickman (that's one of them ^), Percy, and now Duggan, she has barely gotten any focus in two years, especially compared to other characters. I don't think it's cool to insult and be so dismissive of her. (This is one of those moments when I reread what I just wrote and think to myself, "This is a fictional f***ing character!" lol!)

Anyway, she's an important character to me and, frankly, within the Marvel universe. That's all.

I know, that's why I edited my post right after I posted it. Sorry for being snippy. I'm just tired of people slagging Jean. While she has been given beautiful moments by Hickman (that's one of them ^), Percy, and now Duggan, she has barely gotten any focus in two years, especially compared to other characters. I don't think it's cool to insult and be so dismissive of her. (This is one of those moments when I reread what I just wrote and think to myself, "This is a fictional f***ing character!" lol!)

Anyway, she's an important character to me and, frankly, within the Marvel universe. That's all.
    No worries. I completely understand.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

The Red Dragon

What makes it Jean's idea specifically in those panels?
    It’s a joint idea and joint led team. I dont even know why this is a debate lol

I love Jean But... This issue is a big no no and no X_x. The subject was filler and not exactly pleasant, and a shame for Nightmare as a character, a great villain wasted and humiliated without sense just to make Jean look like a marysue (which is not good) I say this it was already known that the book is only a solo of two characters but now it was more brazen.
    But hey it was a stomach ache because it's supposed to be a team book.
    If it were a solo by Jean I would give it a little more score (not much more because it wasn't a good story either) but how it's not a solo by Jean I give it 6/10 and being very generous. Very boring all and that jean is one of my favorites, but this is supposed to be a team book, now almost half of the useful life of this team, and this is still basically a Jean and Synch only.

If the premise that each character would have an issue where they would be the main and most important star of the book and of the Marvel universe, I assume we will not have any more issue where Jean is the central focus, right?
    lol hell no, I doubt that will be true, I insist that Duggan's way of working is predictable when he decides which or which would be his stars, the other characters in the book are just filler, and I see that it has not changed lol.

Laura's thing was unfortunate, how horrible it is to see what other characters you like, here are only grunts and their only reason for being in this team, is to be an accessory to a D list like Synch.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 10-13-2021 at 11:53 PM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I love Jean But... This issue is a big no no and no X_x. The subject was filler and not exactly pleasant, and a shame for Nightmare as a character, a great villain wasted and humiliated without sense just to make Jean look like a marysue (which is not good) I say this it was already known that the book is only a solo of two characters but now it was more brazen.
    If it were a solo by Jean I would give it a little more score (not much more because it wasn't a good story either) but how it's not a solo by Jean I give it 6/10 and being very generous. Very boring all and that jean is one of my favorites, but this is supposed to be a team book, now almost half of the useful life of this team, and this is still basically a Jean and Synch only.

If the premise that each character would have an issue where they would be the main and most important star of the book and of the Marvel universe, I assume we will not have any more issue where Jean is the central focus, right?
    lol hell no, I doubt that will be true, I insist that Duggan's way of working is predictable when he decides which or which would be his stars, the other characters in the book are just filler, and I see that it has not changed lol.

Laura's thing was unfortunate, how horrible it is to see what other characters you like, here are only grunts and their only reason for being in this team, is to be an accessory to a D list like Synch.
    Thank you for supporting the Jean and Synch solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Thank you for supporting the Jean and Synch solo.
    Believe me, not many do it for pleasure, and in any case I still tolerate the book only for Jean, but, unfortunately for now it is the only book where Rogue appears. That until now Rogue is only a pretty cheerleader, or wallpaper.

God willing I came again Kelly Tompson or Mikecarey, or some other writer who is really interested in Anna ... and not that she is the animator of other characters.
    Hell even excalibur was better than this for her, at least for now. x_x

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thats her choice, which has been made clear. If she wants to know he should share them otherwise he shouldnt which has already been said he has no intention of so i dont see why he is still coming up in the equation.

Edit: its also been made very clear laura is the one who feels like she is missing something and she is the one afraid. Synch for all we know had a great night sleep.
    Laura claiming the memories for herself as hers by right doesn't help.The issue gives a not so elegant but simple solution. Synch wants the memories shared, if Laura wants them but doesn't want them given first hand, she just has to ask the 'telepath(Jean to) just give her what she seeks from the mind of Synch' .Problem solved? Not really by making Laura's baseline stance that she doesn't want to love him.The writers have created a situation in which if Laura changes her mind upon receiving these memories then Laura will only do so because she is trying to reciprocate(because he loves her) not because those feelings emanate from her naturally(she doesn't love him) Besides unless telepathy magically opens up her own memories that are completely absent by the way.The fact is those shared memories are Synch's perception of her or of their relationship NOT her own memories. So with her baseline stance of not wanting to love him ,seeing his memories only exacerbates the problem, to say she starts to falls in love with him because she sees herself happy with him in her playback of them comes across like some induced hypnosis,not natural affection.The writers didn't need to give her this sort of primer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post

Lol, yeah cause God only knows that trying to build up one of 3 black male mutants for a few issues against the DECADES of reading Jean, Scott, Xavier, Logan and Magneto is just pure outrage...!!! How dare any ever think that anyone is supposed to read, see and be interested in anyone else huh? Lol. Why not be honest at least about why you're so hateful of Everett Thomas characters? He's every bit as exciting or boring as any other made up mutant characters.

Ah there it goes.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!