Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Pointless Noise... Ultimately, if you choose to read this as an insipid and sophomoric dig - mind you, per your admission, without having read the rest of the issue or how Duggan handles her throughout - that’s on you.
    ? I have read the entire issue, as I already stated. It was filler. Filler can be great if the writer takes the opportunity to do some deep character work, imo, Duggan failed to do so in this issue. Everything that he did with Jean has been done before, there was nothing new or insightful here. Clearly, you disagree. Have fun with that.

As for Synch and Laura. Given that Duggan established in this issue that she doesn't want to love him, it would be best if that plot was just dropped. Pairing them up after making that choice would be weird. Ev deserves better anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Only a couple months passed outside the Vault during the time inside, so yes, from her current perspective she "only" lost a few months.
    Yeah, current being a key word.But she knows she lost a lot of time, same as Logan.Logan's and Laura's memories both happened over the span of decades but Laura's were compressed.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Exactly. It’s time to ditch the Marvel Girl costume and codename. Notice a variation of Jean’s Phoenix costume appeared, as well as her Hellfire Gala one.
    A bunch of us are still peeling back the layers of meaning for Jean in this issue. It's truly sublime. Utterly exquisite. Me on Twitter tweeting about this issue and Jean:

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    ? I have read the entire issue, as I already stated. It was filler. Filler can be great if the writer takes the opportunity to do some deep character work, imo, Duggan failed to do so in this issue. Everything that he did with Jean has been done before, there was nothing new or insightful here. Clearly, you disagree. Have fun with that.

As for Synch and Laura. Given that Duggan established in this issue that she doesn't want to love him, it would be best if that plot was just dropped. Pairing them up after making that choice would be weird. Ev deserves better anyway.
    Maybe but not so much in the current era. He is re-establishing her as a powerhouse and solidifying her as this book's/team's lead. I feel like she needs this especially after Hickman wasted her and she kinda regressed when HOX opened up. There just havent been many opportunities for a solo Jean showpiece

Only a couple months passed outside the Vault during the time inside, so yes, from her current perspective she "only" lost a few months.
    thats according to you. For Laura she lost years bc she knows there is a huge chunk of time that she lived that she has no access to. People are really downplaying how that might affect a person

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    The dynamic is already tainted , he remembers she doesn't, he wants her to remember ,she fears to or is not sure.Who needs to be beholden to the past? If she fears to remember ,let her live in the moment and so should he that is my take on it.
    Um even in the story without him knowing of her fears he already made that choice so ya'll beating a dead horse. At this point its all laura.

And as said above she obviously knows something is missing, she knows what her future self looks like and somehow she knows her future self loved synch. All that came from her own consciousness.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

Totally agree on the Synch/Laura plot

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Um even in the story without him knowing of her fears he already made that choice so ya'll beating a dead horse. At this point its all laura.
    This is true. Not a fan of how messy this storyline is, but if she asks for the memories then she asks. Synch isn't really to blame for anything cause he's been respectful throughout and it seems like he's keeping his distance.

Edit: Saw someone on Reddit mention that Nightmare could have just gotten the image of Vault Laura from Synch’s head! That’s honestly the option that makes the most sense to me.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 10-13-2021 at 10:50 AM.

The Synch and Laura thing is very Hawkgirl & Hawkman esque those 2 always get married when they get reincarnated would this be any different?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Javier Pina's art was exquisite, in this issue. His style compliments Larraz's so well...it was an invisible transition. I hope we get to see more of him in this book.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Wow. Poor Laura. Watching the "romantic" plot unfold pretty much feels like suffering that newspaper scene from the first Alien movie. It is romantic and not creepy and you will LOVE IT and PRAISE IT, dang it!

Anyway. Sooo... going by this issue, Scott's still all about crippling fear of failing his people, Jean's still about Jean and Laura should feel bad for not embracing her current 'ship already. The thing read just fine for a filler issue, but holy hell is the meta unintentionally hilarious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Synch and Laura thing is very Hawkgirl & Hawkman esque those 2 always get married when they get reincarnated would this be any different?
    Yes. Because this isn't loaded with decades of continuity. It's built on literally one issue, where the entire relationship was told explicitly from the perspective of one partner, and which the other is reduced to a narrative prop for giving them character development.

And that's not hyperbole: When this was called out people ACTUALLY defended it by saying, "Synch's been dead for years, he needs something for character development."
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 10-13-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Yes. Because this isn't loaded with decades of continuity. It's built on literally one issue, where the entire relationship was told explicitly from the perspective of one partner, and which the other is reduced to a narrative prop for giving them character development.

And that's not hyperbole: When this was called out people ACTUALLY defended it by saying, "Synch's been dead for years, he needs something for character development."
    Ohhhhhh okay

What do you think about the theory that Vault Laura is still alive and will reemerge all ultra-upgraded?
    UnVault Laura would surely fight to keep her place as the real one.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    What do you think about the theory that Vault Laura is still alive and will reemerge all ultra-upgraded?
    UnVault Laura would surely fight to keep her place as the real one.
    Ugh another clone storyline, then they'd have to talk about the protocols that'd just would be a lot.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ugh another clone storyline, then they'd have to talk about the protocols that'd just would be a lot.
    Would be interesting to see what council says, maybe they just merge their memories?