Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Honestly, because of how it started the entire Vault storyline is just toxic to me and I'm ready for it to be scraped into the wastebin of continuity along with all the other chaff. Hopefully Krakoa in general will eventually be joining it there, never to be mentioned again.
    Harsh as hell, but why do you feel so?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    What do you think about the theory that Vault Laura is still alive and will reemerge all ultra-upgraded?
    UnVault Laura would surely fight to keep her place as the real one.
    I know you didn't ask my opinion but...my two pence.

Not subscribing to that theory at all.
    Besides it being improbable, (given that last panel we see her fighting for her life and what we know of the CoV and how they used Darwin...even if she somehow survived) it seems pointless to throw a curveball like Vault Laura LIVES!!! into the mix when they're so careful about double resurrections. Plus it unnecessarily muddies and convolutes the existing situation to the point where it becomes a poorly written Claremontian Soap Opera Plot.
    Isn't Laura and Ev's situation dramatic enough as is, without turning it into a bad tele-novella?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Whatever.....*clicks ignore.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Harsh as hell, but why do you feel so?
    As I said elsewhere in this thread: The entire relationship was contained in a single issue, written entirely from Everett's POV, without us getting to actually see hers. We didn't get Laura's thoughts or feelings, only Ev's, and the relationship only served to further his character development rather than mutually developing both characters. That's because Vault!Laura died. The crux of which was how it impacted him. Vault!Laura was absolutely fridged.

Compounding this was when these problems were called out, there were people who literally said that Ev needed the character development, as if that justifies reducing her to a prop to develop another character. And that's before you got a certain collection of Synch fans trying to play the Race Card.

As I said elsewhere in this thread: The entire relationship was contained in a single issue, written entirely from Everett's POV, without us getting to actually see hers. We didn't get Laura's thoughts or feelings, only Ev's, and the relationship only served to further his character development rather than mutually developing both characters. That's because Vault!Laura died. The crux of which was how it impacted him. Vault!Laura was absolutely fridged.

Compounding this was when these problems were called out, there were people who literally said that Ev needed the character development, as if that justifies reducing her to a prop to develop another character. And that's before you got a certain collection of Synch fans trying to play the Race Card.
    You have every right to feel the way you feel as do the Synch fans, but let's be real any "race card" talk came after Multiple posters targeted and referred to Synch as creepy.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Besides it being improbable, (given that last panel we see her fighting for her life and what we know of the CoV and how they used Darwin...even if she somehow survived) it seems pointless to throw a curveball like Vault Laura LIVES!!! into the mix when they're so careful about double resurrections. Plus it unnecessarily muddies and convolutes the existing situation to the point where it becomes a poorly written Claremontian Soap Opera Plot.
    Isn't Laura and Ev's situation dramatic enough as is, without turning it into a bad tele-novella?
    The reason you don't think it'll happen is exactly the reason I think it will eventually. LOL. There have been some spectacularly bad ideas activated upon in the past and this one is right up there as one I think eventually someone won't be able to resist as they try to do a "shocking" storyline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    You have every right to feel the way you feel as do the Synch fans, but let's be real any "race card" talk came after Multiple posters targeted and referred to Synch as creepy.
    It was being leveled against people who didn't even say a word about Synch as a character.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    I have a question regarding Scott. In that part of his nightmare where he is with Mags and Xavier and Scott says "this happened because I lied", do you think it is foreshadowing to something? or it's just Scott's insecurities?
    Thought the panel was a straightforward throwback to HoX/PoX's "Does it need doing/It will be done" conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

I feel you and I like how things are currently going with the whole situation.

Anyone else triggered when they saw Nature Girl? With everything going on with her over on Unlimited, I half expected her to start attacking people.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I liked the issue for what it was meant to be, a filler.

Jean kicked all kinds of telepathic ass and shut Nightmare down hard and that "I will end you" *chef's kiss*. How do you come into the home of the most powerful telepath on the planet and think you're just going to f**k around in her mind and NOT get caught?! That's a special kind of stupid, lol.

As for whether Jean is both an OL telepath and TK, I mean does it matter? We know in planet sized she shot the growing space station to Magneto at like Mach 10 using her TK and that's including everything else she can do with her TK from the micro to the macro. Jean is already the Goddess of telepaths so why not just finish the crown? *Besides who here is Team Exodus*. I mean, umm, yay Mutant kinship.

Edit: And I love how Jean-Emma was like "Please get rid of this Hefty trash bag you call a costume! It ain't you, sis."
    It's simple actually
    Hickman: Were you at the Omega list roll call?
    Jean : no
    Hickman : Your name is on the list though and it is marked present
    Jean : *Smiles*
    Hickman : Please repeat after me -'I am an Omega level telepath'
    Jean : I am an Omega level telepath
    Hickman : Please repeat after me 'I am not an Omega level telekinetic'
    Jean : I am an Omega level telekinetic
    Hickman : That's not what the list states, did you make your own list?
    Jean : Mr Duggan did

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Thought the panel was a straightforward throwback to HoX/PoX's "Does it need doing/It will be done" conversation.
    thanks for the answer! I will reread those issues to see the context

Anyone else triggered when they saw Nature Girl? With everything going on with her over on Unlimited, I half expected her to start attacking people.
    This is the NATURE GIRL era, showing up in X-Men, murdering random people on Unlimited, what's next

LOL. Not me.
    I'm not reading that...whatever that is. If it's not part of any of the books I am reading, then as far as I'm concerned...it doesn't exist.

Dugan just tweeted these, from #5 and #6, respectively:

Jean knocked out (sob) and Lorna up and ready:

WTF:

I don't know how you're defining the "Race Card", but I think it was a fair discussion to have about problematic tendencies in comics. If you're going to say that Laura dying to prop up Synch is problematic because of a long-standing tradition of mistreatment of female characters in comics, it's relevant for someone to say that if the situation was reversed and Synch died for Laura's development that it would add to a long-standing of mistreatment of black characters in comics. IMO it was a lose-lose situation.

I personally wish that neither was the case and that it was an equal opportunity narrative that showed both POV's, but alas here we are.

Edit: Viteh just said it better than me in another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I feel that at its core, the issue with fridging is similar to "the black guy dies first". Female and characters of color are seen as less important, which is why they die (or suffer) for the sake of the white protagonist.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 10-13-2021 at 01:21 PM.