Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Dugan just tweeted these, from #5 and #6, respectively:

Jean knocked out (sob) and Lorna up and ready:

Whose art is this? It's dope

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    The reason you don't think it'll happen is exactly the reason I think it will eventually. LOL. There have been some spectacularly bad ideas activated upon in the past and this one is right up there as one I think eventually someone won't be able to resist as they try to do a "shocking" storyline.
    LOL. Goddess, I hope the current writers are able to resist with the totality of their creative fortitude and indomitable wills.
    Although (biting my tongue to draw blood) I could see someone in the next X-Era reset going: "What if Vault Laura didn't die...?"
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

WTF:

Isca in all of her golden glory.

While it kind of bums me out to say this...

I have not cared so much as one bit even one time so far when it comes to this dumpster fire.

How do you go from the level this book was being executed at to this junk?

Isca whatchu doing boo?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I don't know how you're defining the "Race Card", but I think it was a fair discussion to have about problematic tendencies in comics. If you're going to say that Laura dying to prop up Synch is problematic because of a long-standing tradition of mistreatment of female characters in comics, it's relevant for someone to say that if the situation was reversed and Synch died for Laura's development that it would add to a long-standing of mistreatment of black characters in comics. IMO it was a lose-lose situation.

I personally wish that neither was the case and that it was an equal opportunity narrative that showed both POV's, but alas here we are.
    At this point comics should go back to 90s style more words than pictures to make sense to some.It's strange people have to hear Laura speak to believe she liked Synch, when on panel in X-Men 18 and 19 they are seen sharing her healing power, smiling at each other, huddling for warmth together..what is this, are we in kindergarten? Smh

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL. Goddess, I hope the current writers are able to resist with the totality of their creative fortitude and indomitable wills.
    Although (biting my tongue to draw blood) I could see someone in the next X-Era reset going: "What if Vault Laura didn't die...?"
    Although many would scoff at the idea as perhaps being contrived.I personally think it's viable for two simple reasons, CoV tech seems currently more advanced than Krakoa's so recycling/repurposing a dead Laura is child's play to them.The CoV are some of the smartest X-Men villains around, as 'speciest' as they may be at 3000 strong, swelling their ranks with Laura and Darwin wired to embrace the vault is a no brainer.So from a tactical viewpoint it's a very valid expectation.

WTF:

Thats some beautiful art.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. Using her dna to add to their vault stash (as they did with Darwin) is a given. So yeah...it's a story concept, just not a viable or even interesting one for this current era.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

WTF:

They’re in Arrako? Interesting..

WTF:

Isca <3<3<3
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I'm not trying to claim that everyone should like what's happening, or the characters, setting story any of that. No one needs to justify why they like or dislike anything the thing is people are going way overboard in their criticisms.

Synch's characterization and actions have been above reproach, and the vitriol being thrown at both him and at the storyline are excessive. Its ok to dislike the pairing, its ok to dislike the storyline but so far the worst thing that actually happened is that a couple of relatively minor characters (Synch being significantly more minor than Laura) were involved in a romance that has mostly played out behind the scenes and one of them has lost their memories of it. Soap opera 101, Will they? Wont they? He has feelings for her, she doesn't, and since then Synch has unthinkably... respected Laura's boundaries. Largely been exactly what a good person should be. I fail to see what exactly people have to be up in arms about and I don't like the shade thrown at the character. Its wrong and unearned.

Its also important to note that so far the only place those characters have actually paired up was in the vault issues. Its far from a sure thing that resuming the romance is actually in the cards, and even if it does come back this romance is way less "creepy" than a hell of a lot of other comic book romances. In fact were you to list creepy or inappropriate comic book romances I'm not sure this would even crack the top 50. I don't think it ranks all that high in the category of creepy X-Men romances.

Also, I feel the need to point out that a fictional character being used to promote another fictional characters story isn't inappropriate, especially on a team book. That might be a valid argument if that's all the character was used for (its not) or if its was the main character in their own book being so misused to prop up someone else (Its not) or if it was a radically inappropriate pairing (its not again). That is the nature of fictional characters in a shared universe, the MU as a whole or even just within the X-Books. Even with major characters, sometimes they get the spotlight and other times they prop up the character in the spotlight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yes. Because this isn't loaded with decades of continuity. It's built on literally one issue, where the entire relationship was told explicitly from the perspective of one partner, and which the other is reduced to a narrative prop for giving them character development.

And that's not hyperbole: When this was called out people ACTUALLY defended it by saying, "Synch's been dead for years, he needs something for character development."
    I agree using one character to boost another is almost never right.

But we got to see it all through Synch because he's the one who kept his memories.That's how we know what he feels, because we saw it all through his POV.The fact we only get it through his prespective is a great writing choice.It makes us relate w/ both Synch(explained) and Laura(she doesn't remember and we never saw it through her POV so we connect w/ the relationship less from her side).

I haven't been this bored since X-Men: Gold

Incredible Member

For those calling this filler issue, in a way it is filler issue. As much as any Halloween special is, on tv or print. Is Hallowentown a filler? Is Hocus Pocus a filler? Its not surprising or random that Nightmare was the villain and that Halloween is right around the corner. The way it is drawn, the way the story is wove, the demonic entity as a bad guy are all signs of them doing this for Halloween. The only thing surprising is they didnt advertise it as a Halloween special. But I know I have seen enough holiday specials to call one when I see one.