Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    maybe it's the whole Scott being a sort of a battery type of mutant(the reason sinster initially wanted Scott to produce and offspring with jean is their child would be super boosted from his power) I guess?
    That actually does make sense. Scott siblings produce energy and he is more of a battery that takes solar energy in. It does make me wonder though, what happens if he attacks someone in space and they set up the right conditions like filong preparing himself for mars. It seems to be going somewhere.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    He never longed for her. They just hung out. None of these situations you’re bringing up are relevant to Laura and Everett. Laura and Ev are from the same universe, went through the same trials and tribulations, and are having conflicting feels on how to deal with those experiences after the fact.
    Except they DIDN'T and that's an enormous part of the problem.

THIS Laura didn't have those experiences. THIS Laura didn't live that life. THIS Laura is not the same person. It's not even comparable to Logan's amnesia, because he lost DECADES, if not over a century. This Laura chronologically lost only a few months from her last backup. She could literally continue on with her life never getting her experiences in the Vault back, and go on just fine.

The Laura that did live that life is (as far as we know) DEAD. Giving this Laura Synch's memories of those events isn't going to change anything. She didn't live it. She didn't experience it. She would just be watching those events unfold through someone else's eyes, and it's disturbing the number of people I've seen are ok with doing just that to essentially rewrite New!Laura's entire identity and personality. ESPECIALLY for a romance that reduced her to a NARRATIVE PROP to give Synch character development.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Now that her past is acknowledged, I hope that she gets a costume similar to this cool Phoenix costume below.

Fans have been speculating about the scene in which she is shown wearing different costumes, pointing out that there seems to be one she's never worn before, though it is very similar to the Phoenix costume, but with her current costume's gloves in shiny gold. The Phoenix costume is already depicted on the same page, so... Foreshadowing?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Sync fans are really insecure. Damn.

I've already stated multiple times the creepy behavior comes from the male writers, and I gave several examples of this happening with other characters who are not creepy but are made to act creepy in the name of romance.
    Synch has been pretty chill considering the scenario, most people would have had much bigger reactions.As for Male writers,I'll just copy my response from another thread

"Why are you acting like male writers are the only ones who have done such stuff .Women writers have done just as bad if not worse:-

Devin Grayson(female writer, bi as well) wrote Tarantula to r*pe Nightwing on panel after he was traumatized by a death right there.She also said it wasn't r*pe but just non-con.

I.... I really hope I don't have to explain what's wrong w/ that.

Chelesa Cain(female writer) is the one who did the Mockingbird situation ,retconned r*pe into her cheating and then calling it r*ape to Clint which divided the team and got them divorced........ Then Bobbi tells Clint that he should have never believed that she was r*ped since "She's too strong for that".Also she let Phantom Stranger die(they have a no kill rule) for no reason since their affair was consensual.

And this was a feminism heavy run, the writer said so multiple times and you can tell from the Book(Bobbi's shirt is literally "ask me about my feminist agenda" IIRC)

So, Bobbi

-Cheated on Clint
    -Lied about it calling it r*pe
    -is a cold blooded murderer
    -also believes that strong women can't be forced and calls Hawkeye naive for believing her story

And words from the writer herself:-

"This was calling the male narrative out. My point was to explore and comment on how female characters, their kind of emotional lives aren’t represented… What if, in fact, she went willingly? What if she just cheated on Hawkeye? What if this ridiculous story, of this grown woman being kidnapped and drugged and held for months, is just a story that a jilted lover tells himself?" "

TLDR:-1)Someone already debunked all your examples, and these are far more severe and are rarely if ever talked about
    2)Stop generalizing

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    maybe it's the whole Scott being a sort of a battery type of mutant(the reason sinster initially wanted Scott to produce and offspring with jean is their child would be super boosted from his power) I guess?
    Scott is a battery type IMO, He absorbs solar energy and IIRC Storm super-charged him once w/ it as well.Hopefully they explain it more
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-13-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I like the fact that laura has a blank spot due to the vault and her death, imo it greatly cements that these are in fact the real thing and not clones. Given when laura died almost making it completely out the vault it's not hard to believe Cerebro could have captured a little more of her upload than previously thought but not all of it.

Though i wouldn't be surprised if the twist is Laura did not die in the vault and healed and a version is still trapped there.
    I think you're on to something with maybe nuggets of memory making it through the download. She's facing herself in the nightmare so maybe fragments are floating around and pulling at her but in her nightmare, she can't quite reach them which is what's plaguing her.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Emma isn't an Omega Telepath. That was an editing mistake. And the dialouge says that Jean is an Omega level telepath AND a telekeinetic. Hickman's list still holds.
    I don't think other writers respect the Hickman list, too many changes now to the formula of 'omega'

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Except they DIDN'T and that's an enormous part of the problem.

THIS Laura didn't have those experiences. THIS Laura didn't live that life. THIS Laura is not the same person. It's not even comparable to Logan's amnesia, because he lost DECADES, if not over a century. This Laura chronologically lost only a few months from her last backup. She could literally continue on with her life never getting her experiences in the Vault back, and go on just fine.

The Laura that did live that life is (as far as we know) DEAD. Giving this Laura Synch's memories of those events isn't going to change anything. She didn't live it. She didn't experience it. She would just be watching those events unfold through someone else's eyes, and it's disturbing the number of people I've seen are ok with doing just that to essentially rewrite New!Laura's entire identity and personality. ESPECIALLY for a romance that reduced her to a NARRATIVE PROP to give Synch character development.
    "Chronologically" She was in the vault for more than a few months my guy.It was years if not decades

And you argument that the Laura isn't the one who lost the memories isn't how the ressurection works.She as in the one true Laura lived that life and then was brought back to a life reset to before she entered.That means she did lose those memories.

You may not like the role she got here and I get that, but this isn't how memories work.She spend all those years w/ synch, that was Laura.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I like the fact that laura has a blank spot due to the vault and her death, imo it greatly cements that these are in fact the real thing and not clones. Given when laura died almost making it completely out the vault it's not hard to believe Cerebro could have captured a little more of her upload than previously thought but not all of it.

Though i wouldn't be surprised if the twist is Laura did not die in the vault and healed and a version is still trapped there.
    Did she die though? it's unlikely that the CoV would spare her.It would be fun if they didn't finish her off ,but took her back into the city to repurpose her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    "Chronologically" She was in the vault for more than a few months my guy.It was years if not decades

And you argument that the Laura isn't the one who lost the memories isn't how the ressurection works.She as in the one true Laura lived that life and then was brought back to a life reset to before she entered.That means she did lose those memories.

You may not like the role she got here and I get that, but this isn't how memories work.She spend all those years w/ synch, that was Laura.
    Only a couple months passed outside the Vault during the time inside, so yes, from her current perspective she "only" lost a few months.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think you're on to something with maybe nuggets of memory making it through the download. She's facing herself in the nightmare so maybe fragments are floating around and pulling at her but in her nightmare, she can't quite reach them which is what's plaguing her.

I've held to this hope since X-Men #19, by the time we get to see the CoV again , she could be one with them embracing vault evolution that gifts her new abilities.Would be cool to give Synch closure if they met again even if as foes. However this issue has only strengthened my conviction that Synch should let new Laura be.
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-13-2021 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    So she dreams about Emma taking her clothes off?
    That's what I got out of it.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Only a couple months passed outside the Vault during the time inside, so yes, from her current perspective she "only" lost a few months.
    Oh come on! If a time traveler showed up at your door and told you he had a decades long romance with a version of you that may still be alive but now he wants to pick up with the version that has no memory of that and is less experienced, you wouldn't be swept off your feet?

And once again, this is not an attack on Sync. It's an attack on writers who think crap like this is romantic.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Emma isn't an Omega Telepath. That was an editing mistake. And the dialouge says that Jean is an Omega level telepath AND a telekeinetic. Hickman's list still holds.
    There’s no ‘a’ between ‘and’ and ‘telekinetic’. Thus, the sentence is “I’m an omega-level telepath and telekinetic”. I am gonna take this as grammatical error.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I do enjoy that subconsciously she knows it's hideous & has to go.
    That definitely isn’t what the dream means. Emma isn’t being portrayed as the constructive criticism type here. To be fair, with how rabid the fans have acted about this, I don’t blame the portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. People are creating "creepy" vibes from Everett in their minds. I haven't seen one creepy thing.
    Completely agree. I've never been as upset on these boards as when people were calling Ev a "predator" because of the vault storyline. It was all kinda racialized and very concerning.

(This next part is not directed at you Jbenito.)

That being said, as someone who is a fan of both characters and has been cheering on every win that Ev has gotten, I don't appreciate now being lumped into the "crazy Laura fans" category because I have some gripes with her characterization. Every fandom has crazies, but dismissing every complaint that comes from a fandom because of said crazies, seems counterproductive to me.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 10-13-2021 at 09:53 AM.