Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I've held to this hope since X-Men #19, by the time we get to see the CoV again , she could be one with them embracing vault evolution that gifts her new abilities.Would be cool to give Synch closure if they met again even if as foes. However this issue has only strengthened my conviction that Synch should let new Laura be.
    You must mean laura should let herself and synch be because he is not bothering her. He had a convo with jean laura is the one torturing herself in her nightmares.

Edit: which seems to laura m.o when it comes to all dudes. See julian, see angel.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-13-2021 at 09:43 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    If you want to try to make the silly dress scene deeper than it was, you are welcome to do so. I "skipped" over the other stuff because it was inconsequential fluff. I already know who Jean is and how powerful she can be, this isn't my first X-Men comic. And actually the Jean scenes fall pretty hard into the "Saint Jean" problem, the character is much more interesting to me when she's allowed to be angry and messy. There is literally no reason for to be "kind" to an actual demon.
    I actually understand this criticism. I don’t think it’s gone into that zone yet, but it does seem to be inching a bit in that direction. I think the threats Jean makes are what keeps it from going full Care Bears mode.

This does feel more like X-Men: Red Jean in the “use love and kindness” message. Not crazy about that portrayal. Not that I find anything wrong with the message. I think a slight bit more bite to Jean could have been used.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Completely agree. I've never been as upset on these boards as when people were calling Ev a "predator" because of the vault storyline. It as all kinda racialized and very concerning.

(This next part is not directed at you Jbenito.)

That being said, as someone who is a fan of both characters and has been cheering on every win that Ev has gotten, I don't appreciate now being lumped into the "crazy Laura fans" category because I have some gripes with her characterization. Every fandom has crazies, but dismissing every complaint that comes from a fandom because of said crazies, seems counterproductive to me.
    Agree , it's strange that Synch is being labelled 'creepy' by some.Guy has not even had much dialogue with Laura.He only confides in Jean. After this issue I think Synch should forget trying to share his memories.Before the reveal that Laura feels she's missing memories that Synch can help her remember, it was hard enough , but now that we also know she doesn't want to know because she senses they are intimate memories of them together, it's just a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    That definitely isn't what the dream means. Emma isn't being portrayed as the constructive criticism type here. To be fair, with how rabid the fans have acted about this, I don't blame the portrayal.
    If you care to, please expound. How do you interpret this sequence in the dream? I think the emphasis on "...or you" is very telling. This is not a dream indicating Jean is preoccupied with Emma and should certainly not be read as Emma shading Jean. (As I noted, people in dreams usually represent aspects of the dreamer's own psyche.)

IMO, in this sequence, Emma represents Jean's id, which is letting her know that she isn't being true to herself on some level, which could include her choice of costume and/or other aspects of herself. The way Emma is depicted in this panel is also very telling. Neither the art nor dialogue are mean-spirited, but, rather, indicate Emma telling Jean something Jean already knows, hence why I feel she represents her id.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You must mean laura should let herself and synch be because he is not bothering her. He had a convo with jean laura is the one torturing herself in her nightmares.

Edit: which seems to laura m.o when it comes to all dudes. See julian, see angel.
    I don't mean he is bothering her, I just don't want him sharing his memories with her.

I enjoyed how Duggan used Emma to convey to Jean that its quite frankly time to move on and retire the Marvel Girl outfit, shes someone who knows Jean Grey, Emma has seen Jean at her worst and best. So, for Emma to say that this outfit isnt “you” made complete sense. Jean has been stuck in the Marvel girl outfit because when she last wore it that was when life was so much easier for her, she didnt have the responsibility of being this powerful omega level mutant. So, im very excited to see Jean in this new outfit and see her move past her marvel girl persona.

Also i really hope this is her new costume it looks really good from the back tbh
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I liked how part of Scott's nightmare was a sign that said "Cyclops was wrong." And Jean got some time to shine and she was great. Plus it wasn't just a show of power, but also of heart. That's the kind of writing I like with Jean; she was kind, but not soft or weak.

But other than that, the novelty of this run is wearing thin for me. I know they want to establish the status quo, but I'm ready for bigger plots and character beats now.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the Vault stuff. I want to go on a rant about how I dislike the Laura/Everett stuff and both characters' overall development, but I'm too tired right now.
    Last edited by Rift; 10-13-2021 at 10:01 AM.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

I don't mean he is bothering her, I just don't want him sharing his memories with her.
    Thats her choice, which has been made clear. If she wants to know he should share them otherwise he shouldnt which has already been said he has no intention of so i dont see why he is still coming up in the equation.

Edit: its also been made very clear laura is the one who feels like she is missing something and she is the one afraid. Synch for all we know had a great night sleep.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-13-2021 at 10:01 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I enjoyed how Duggan used Emma to convey to Jean that its quite frankly time to move on and retire the Marvel Girl outfit, shes someone who knows Jean Grey, Emma has seen Jean at her worst and best. So, for Emma to say that this outfit isnt “you” made complete sense. Jean has been stuck in the Marvel girl outfit because when she last wore it that was when life was so much easier for her, she didnt have the responsibility of being this powerful omega level mutant. So, im very excited to see Jean in this new outfit and see her move past her marvel girl persona.

Also i really hope this is her new costume it looks really good from the back tbh
    Bingo! Jean's subconscious chose to disguise itself as Emma because a) Jean is still somehow stopping herself (or being stopped?) from fully acknowledging and accepting not just her id but her true current psychological state, and b) Emma has never been anything but brutally honest with Jean, so such a startling truth would be both more believable and acceptable coming from Emma.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    If you care to, please expound. How do you interpret this sequence in the dream? I think the emphasis on "...or you" is very telling. This is not a dream indicating Jean is preoccupied with Emma and should certainly not be read as Emma shading Jean. (As I noted, people in dreams usually represent aspects of the dreamer's own psyche.)

IMO, in this sequence, Emma represents Jean's id, which is letting her know that she isn't being true to herself on some level, which could include her choice of costume and/or other aspects of herself. The way Emma is depicted in this panel is also very telling. Neither the art nor dialogue are mean-spirited, but, rather, indicate Emma telling Jean something Jean already knows, hence why I feel she represents her id.
    Exactly. It’s time to ditch the Marvel Girl costume and codename. Notice a variation of Jean’s Phoenix costume appeared, as well as her Hellfire Gala one.

Astonishing Member

Thats her choice, which has been made clear. If she wants to know he should share them otherwise he shouldnt which has already been said he has no intention of so i dont see why he is still coming up in the equation.

Edit: its also been made very clear laura is the one who feels like she is missing something and she is the one afraid. Synch for all we know had a great night sleep.
    I have no issue with Synch whatsoever..I am sure he's sleeping like a baby, and hopefully it stays that way, no need to make a fool of him.by revealing his memories and being blamed for it afterwards coz someone else doesn't want to feel what he feels.

I have no issue with Synch whatsoever..I am sure he's sleeping like a baby, and hopefully it stays that way, no need to make a fool of him.by revealing his memories and being blamed for it afterwards coz someone else doesn't want to feel what he feels.
    Still all on laura. If she gets the memories back there is no guarantee that is what she will feel but obviously she has feelings for synch as evidence by the HE issue and if she doesnt want to face them she shouldnt be force to but if she does she shouldnt be denied the information. Synch is in the clear here unless duggan does a 180 and has him force them on her and i just dont see that happening.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

The scene reminded me of when storm came for her shoulder pads in xmen red. So we know jean next cosutme must be no skirt and no shoulder pads. Lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

It felt like filler but love the focus that Jean got. I do feel like more could have been done with the rest of the team though

Astonishing Member

Still all on laura. If she gets the memories back there is no guarantee that is what she will feel but obviously she has feelings for synch as evidence by the HE issue and if she doesnt want to face them she shouldnt be force to but if she does she shouldnt be denied the information. Synch is in the clear here unless duggan does a 180 and has him force them on her and i just dont see that happening.
    The dynamic is already tainted , he remembers she doesn't, he wants her to remember ,she fears to or is not sure.Who needs to be beholden to the past? If she fears to remember ,let her live in the moment and so should he that is my take on it.