Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Default New Digimon Series 2015

So apparently, as part of the celebration of the franchise's 15th Anniversary, a new series is going to be released in Spring of next year. The best part? It's a sequel to the original series, Digimon Adventure!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-sequel/.77195

The nostalgia this has awakened in me is immense. I LOVED this show as a kid! Watching it now (in its original language) it still mostly holds up, though the animation totally looks like ass. Hopefully advancements in technology and maybe a bigger budget will solve that problem, and maybe we will get a darker tone to match the older characters.

I'm glad the focus seems to be returning to the original kids as well. I never really took to the kids they introduced in Adventure 02.

YAY good news but i have to disagree with you I think the animation looks just fine better than a lot of CGI stuff we get now a days.

Awesome promo video.

Loved hearing Butterfly after so long.

Also, If you click on the link here:
    http://digimon-adventure.net/ (press skip)

And attack the damn thing (you get one click per day or something), we'll be one step closer from getting new info.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

BANNED

Huh? They still have to finish their current adventure.

o

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So apparently, as part of the celebration of the franchise's 15th Anniversary, a new series is going to be released in Spring of next year.
    Oh, that's nice. I only watched until the third season any way (frontier was kind meh and I never really gave the other three a chance), hopefully they would realese at least one of the three PSP/Vita games that they released in japan to celebrate the 15th, I really can't think of a reason why I would care about a new anim....

The best part? It's a sequel to the original series, Digimon Adventure!

I'm glad the focus seems to be returning to the original kids as well. I never really took to the kids they introduced in Adventure 02.
    I think this is after 02 or inbetween, maybe set during the epilogue at the end of 02.

The nostalgia is strong with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    I think this is after 02 or inbetween, maybe set during the epilogue at the end of 02.
    Taichi is going to be 17 and in high school according to the video, so after 02, but before the epilogue.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

02 is most likely canon for this series, but I'm guessing the 02 kids won't be the main focus. I probably would have liked them a lot more if they weren't shoved into the spotlight and were just integrated into the larger group instead of ignoring the (much more interesting IMO) older kids. Plus, they don't have to worry about the epilogue yet, or they can do some time traveling shenanigans to retcon it.

02 also had a different set of writers and director than the original series, which explains a great deal. I'm hoping they bring the original creative team back, or maybe Chiaki Konaka (who wrote "Tamers") to work on it.

BANNED

Ah, nice coincidence. I was playing some Digimon Adventure on psp just a bit earlier today.

Anyway, that's good news. Always had a soft spot for this franchise.

I really must know how much more powerful we can make Angemon.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I really must know how much more powerful we can make Angemon.
    Meh, Seraphimon is kind of a jobber.

I really hope that we can get episodes streaming as they come out in Japan. It may be a series aimed at children but I'm certain Toei is coming out with this partly to pull in older fans that may be feeling nostalgic about the series, so I hope it goes up on one of the usual anime streaming sites.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

BANNED

For a refresher on the characters.

http://www.jesuotaku.com/retrospecti...he-characters/

The characters really set this anime apart from other, less character driven, shows. I remember casting my friends as different characters in my head (Tai reminds me of this guy, Sora to this girl... etc). I was Matt... a slightly overweight and considerably less handsome Matt but a Matt still.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    Ah, nice coincidence. I was playing some Digimon Adventure on psp just a bit earlier today.
    How is that game? I really want to play it but I don't like playing games that I can't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Meh, Seraphimon is kind of a jobber.
    Hopefully we actually get to see Seraphimon in this series. It always bugged the crap out of me that only Agumon and Gabumon got to reach their final forms, especially when the rest of them look so cool.