Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Hopefully we actually get to see Seraphimon in this series. It always bugged the crap out of me that only Agumon and Gabumon got to reach their final forms, especially when the rest of them look so cool.
    Well, more evolutions are kind of a given in a new season, so hopefully we will get to see more mega.

Also, playing Digimon World for the PS1.

After so many years I still love this game.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Well, more evolutions are kind of a given in a new season, so hopefully we will get to see more mega.

Also, playing Digimon World for the PS1.

After so many years I still love this game.
    Yeah, that's what I figure. When the shows were first airing, I expected them to introduce the rest of the Mega forms in 02, but they focused exclusively on the evolutions of the new kids' Digimon, and even then they didn't complete all the evolutionary lines. That's a weird pattern that is present across all series, I wonder why that is?

Also, the DNA/Fusion evolutions need to go. I didn't get nearly enough Angewomon and HolyAngemon in 02.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I figure. When the shows were first airing, I expected them to introduce the rest of the Mega forms in 02, but they focused exclusively on the evolutions of the new kids' Digimon, and even then they didn't complete all the evolutionary lines. That's a weird pattern that is present across all series, I wonder why that is?
    Japanese thing.

The main two (red and blue) are the ones that reach the final power-up. Dates back from Sentai tropes.

Adventure has Tai (red) and Matt (blue).

02 has Ken (blue) and Davis (red).

03 had a main trio so they all got Megas (plus Ryo and Kenta.... and Ai and Mako who have Beelzemon). Tamers is the season with the most Megas on the team.

04 was the most Sentai like so it was the worst with this trope. Everyone but Takuya (red) and Kouji (blue) was kinda useless by the time the Royal knights arrived.

05 had a much smaller cast so everyone got to mega and Burst Mode.

Well, that and it saves money if only two guys have one final mode change. Animation is not cheap and Toei is.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

So, speaking of mega forms someone went and made this:

Neat fanart.

Also, for anyone interested in watching it, here is the original (20 minutes long) movie subbed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc4PJRclAms

Given the length you can probably call it Episode 0.

I guess it is a trope, but it seems like kind of a dumb one, imo. Especially when the fanart looks so sweet! I didn't have a problem with Tamers so much, since it remained focused on the core three throughout anyway, but I've heard Frontier is pretty awful with it.

The animation budget makes sense. Oddly, I always found the CG animated evoltutions to be less impressive than the hand drawn ones, and the former were supposed to be the "special" ones.

Well this new one could have more megas but what would amazing or terrify me is if they did megas for all the 02 kids and the orginals but i doubt it.
    What is the evolution form of Angewoman i rememeber seeing it once.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Well this new one could have more megas but what would amazing or terrify me is if they did megas for all the 02 kids and the orginals but i doubt it.
    What is the evolution form of Angewoman i rememeber seeing it once.
    The one in that picture above was her original, but they've since changed it to Ofanimon. Personally, I prefer the new one, it gives her evolutionary line some semblance of consistency (it went from cat>puppy>cat again>angel>dragon, lol wtf).

What SiegePerilous02 said.

Originally, it was Magnadramon (the pink dragon in the pic I posted). After Adventure finished airing they later created Orphanimon:

Which is also an acceptable Mega form for her.

The Mysterious Egg was hatched. The reward is this:

Seems to be a prologue. By the way, the Japanese version contains the word brother in it which means Kari is the one talking at the end.

Oh and, we might get another egg to hatch in the near future going by the site.

Sidenote: Tai is tall.

Astonishing Member

I'm rewatching the whole digimon adventure. I can't wait for the sequel. I must've done something right, firstly a sailor moon reboot, then a sequel to digimon adventure.
    This time round I hope they make things more serious, I grew up watching the subbed version so I listened to butterfly and brave heart OST almost every week.
    I wish that they could somehow incorporate the OST. I hated the english dub, the OST was horrible and they made everything too cartoony, its disgusting.

A while ago we got new pictures with all the new designs for the Digidestined:

Name Confirmed. Digimon Adventure Tri.