Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    I will forever advocate that they need to have a "diner issue" (just coined that term) where nothing else is going on to rush things and they just have lunch and talk and reminisce about being the same fucking person! There's so much heart and comedy potential for a one-off issue like this. Comics never take the time to let clones appreciate each other! Brother from another test tube.
    Yes, please! Maybe with Teresa to make things even weirder.

Ben felt more like Ben in this issue. Him and Peter where the highlights for me.

As a big MJ fan it feels weird to say but I would like less of her. Same with May but that is not the first time I have felt so. I wonder why Wells is struggling so much with MJ. He's a good writer but with MJ it feels like he is off. Perhaps he has some opinions and feelings(doesn't have to be "bad" ones) regarding the character that is throwing him off.

I'm hoping for more focus on Ben and Janine now going forward. The whole beyond plot feels very obvious atm and It's not drawing me in. The more Ben ignores them and does what he wants(like he did with vissiting Peter) will make the story more enjoyable as it allows Ben to be more of the old Ben instead of this part of the beyond intrigue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Speaking of BND, let’s be honest… that was kind of a replacement story too. Going from mature, married and emotionally hardened Peter who was at least 30… to some early 20s hipster man-child douche who sticks his tongue down a stranger’s throat at a club was pretty jarring. He was PINO, Peter In Name Only. Over the years, some of his pre-BND traits have come back (though never fully tbh). But in a way that’s a replacement story, and it might be the worst one.

I do think that with Miles around as Spider-Man , that Marvel should let Peter grow up some, to be more mature and be a little older, maybe around 28 or 30. I think that it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I do think that with Miles around as Spider-Man , that Marvel should let Peter grow up some, to be more mature and be a little older, maybe around 28 or 30. I think that it's time.
    peter already is 28 you can argue 30 as well.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    No Miles will grow up, get married and have kids and Peter will remain be "too young to be married."

I'll never forget the first issue of Brand New Day. This was cringe on so many levels.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    No Miles will grow up, get married and have kids and Peter will remain be "too young to be married."

I'll never forget the first issue of Brand New Day. This was cringe on so many levels.

He's already back on track though.Now if they can 1)keep it that way 2)get good writers(for their bestseller it's the least they can do) 3)Stop taking him out of his own comics we'll be good

Also Miles is growing up way too fast as compared to everyone else in the MU, from 13 to 18 in like 10 years.And his role in 616 is teen Spidey at best, they better stop aging him otherwise his entire existence in 616 will be moot.Heck even in 1610 his young age was a big factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    peter already is 28 you can argue 30 as well.
    He's mid 20's now:

(ASM#14 vol 5)

So yeah, Marve de-aged him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He's already back on track though.Now if they can 1)keep it that way 2)get good writers(for their bestseller it's the least they can do) 3)Stop taking him out of his own comics we'll be good
    Editors stop getting so much in the way too.

Also Miles is growing up way too fast as compared to everyone else in the MU, from 13 to 18 in like 10 years.And his role in 616 is teen Spidey at best, they better stop aging him otherwise his entire existence in 616 will be moot.Heck even in 1610 his young age was a big factor.
    On the 5 minutes he was that young lol.

Kinda funny Ultimate refused to let Peter go over 15, only when he died he got to be 16, then Miles' aging is basically a speedrun...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    He's mid 20's now:

(ASM#14 vol 5)

Kinda funny Ultimate refused to let Peter go over 15, only when he died he got to be 16, then Miles' aging is basically a speedrun...
    Bruh, just get him to late twenties and marry those 2

Facts, like you have one job and it's literally to stop f*cking up

Agreed, they need to stop/slow that down

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    He's mid 20's now:

(ASM#14 vol 5)

they are such cowards man I wish someone could call them out on this
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

That’s some super cringe dialogue. Who wrote that mess?

Probably Slott (i might be wrong but i doubt it) that kind of super cringe in your face comment about the status quo or Marvel Editorial is something that he did very often, i remember him writting something similar from that The Thing mini that he did in 2006.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Bruh, just get him to late twenties and marry those 2
    He has on his late twenties post superior:

(ASM#1 vol 3)

But at some point after this, Marvel seems to have changed their minds about when those earliest stories happened, and not just in Spider-Man too, 'cause for example, Powers of X#1 says that it's currently "Year 10":

https://i.imgur.com/S6m7LoX.png

(Kinda funny the link has "LoX" at the end, new book confirmed? )

So if anything, it's consistent with them for Spidey to be on his mid 20's and not late 20's, it's just completely lame to make such a change for the characters to become a few years younger lol.

Facts, like you have one job and it's literally to stop f*cking up
    At this point, I would believe that fucking up is part of the job lol.

Agreed, they need to stop/slow that down
    Nah, I wanna see Miles inexplicably becoming older than Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    they are such cowards man I wish someone could call them out on this
    Question is who would call them out? Higher ups decided to change the time scale so the beginning only happened 10 years ago, meaning they really want those characters to be younger lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Probably Slott (i might be wrong but i doubt it) that kind of super cringe in your face comment about the status quo or Marvel Editorial is something that he did very often, i remember him writting something similar from that The Thing mini that he did in 2006.
    This is from ASM#546 (I deduced it was the case 'cause it was trying too hard to mock marriage fans, and that's something BND really did on the first issue lol.), so yeah, it's Slott.

Astonishing Member

They want it to be stuck at 10 years since the MU started indefinitely. I choose to ignore all that. Peter is 29-31 in my book and the MU started 15 years ago or so. I don’t care what some new flavor-of-the-month writer tells me in his cringe dialogue.

They want it to be stuck at 10 years since the MU started indefinitely. I choose to ignore all that. Peter is 29-31 in my book and the MU started 15 years ago or so. I don’t care what some new flavor-of-the-month writer tells me in his cringe dialogue.
    I mean, HoX/PoX was by Hickman, not some random writer lol.

But who knows, Marvel is really good at being inconsistent, maybe they'll say it's been 20 years since the beginning next month... Oh well, whatever.

Incredible Member

I really like your reply !!!
    Yeah at the rate that they're going , Miles will be the same age as Peter pretty soon :-(