Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    AND Peter thought about doing a genocide for a second with the Jackal back in the 90s.

So, y'know, let's not be hypocrites, Peter

-Pav, who is bummed we don't get a new issue tomorrow...
    ben is peter and peter is ben. like brother like clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    True enough, though to be slightly fair to Ben, he didn't want to go the "kill and reanimate everyone" route at first. At first, he thought he was genuinely doing good in a way that Peter couldn't, using Warren's advanced cloning tech to essentially undo every death Peter hadn't been able to prevent in his time as Spider-Man and giving other people second chances with their loved ones as well. It was only after Peter told him what he was doing, playing God with the lives and deaths of others, was flat-out irresponsible and Otto Octavius turned against him for insulting Anna Maria and tried to bring his whole project crashing down around his head by setting off the degeneration signal for the "reanimated" that Ben went completely off the rails and decided he might as well kill and reanimate everyone and thus end death as a reality. That said, I see your point about wanting to just move on and forward from that mess.
    i wouldn't have minded if they'd just retconned conspiracy and scarlet spider volume ben into one of these guys:

Scarlet_Spiders_(Mister_Sinister)
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    I take great offense to calling the Scarlet Spider minis an unreadable mess. They're a readable mess!! I liked the concept of Cyber War even though it didn't land that well, and it was kinda clear the artists were phoning it in as well compared to their better work.

But yes, we can pretend Joe Gage never existed.
    Why would we?! I've long awaited the return of Joe Wade and the Silver Cybernetic Spider

-Pav, who thinks Joe Gage is maybe one of the characters in the Hateful Eight...?
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Why would we?! I've long awaited the return of Joe Wade and the Silver Cybernetic Spider

-Pav, who thinks Joe Gage is maybe one of the characters in the Hateful Eight...?
    The character so memorable that even in all my clone saga knowledge I can't remember his name!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I can't argue that the Scarlet Spider comics are GOOD comics, but I do believe they're mindless fun -- and, honestly, I really like that little subsection of the Clone Saga: the Scarlet Spider series, the crossovers with the New Warriors, and the Green Goblin series with Phil Urich. As a kid, these were exciting comics for me, so I still have a soft spot for them.

-Pav, who still likes the Scarlet/Goblin crossover as his favorite team-up TO THIS DAY...
    Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    I take great offense to calling the Scarlet Spider minis an unreadable mess. They're a readable mess!! I liked the concept of Cyber War even though it didn't land that well, and it was kinda clear the artists were phoning it in as well compared to their better work.

But yes, we can pretend Joe Wade never existed.
    I still think the "Cyber Scarlet Spider" had some potential. For all we know, after he was taken away for treatments to remove the VR-tech that had fused with him in his transformation, I could see whoever took him away trying to weaponize that VR-tech to make their own, presumably controllable cybernetic Spider-Man. Would be interesting to pit that against Ben Reilly as Spider-Man Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post

i wouldn't have minded if they'd just retconned conspiracy and scarlet spider volume ben into one of these guys:

Yeah, that would have made more sense. I liked Mister Sinister's Scarlet Spiders, at least insofar as the ongoing rivalry between him and the Jackal.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post

They should’ve retconned that Ben as Spidercide. Obscure, maybe… but if you can make the Stacy Twins be Kindred, you can make Spidercide be Ben 27. Slott would’ve repaired a lot of damage if he ended Clone Conspiracy with that reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    They should’ve retconned that Ben as Spidercide. Obscure, maybe… but if you can make the Stacy Twins be Kindred, you can make Spidercide be Ben 27. Slott would’ve repaired a lot of damage if he ended Clone Conspiracy with that reveal.
    yeah, either or. i just thought of the sinister clones because they were current and all obsessed with being "ben reilly" but at least spidercide had peter's memories.
    Last edited by boots; 10-20-2021 at 05:12 PM.
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

No previews for next week’s issue?

Extraordinary Member

I too would like to see the preview?

Till then how do we think Ben will react to Peter going in a coma, jus realized he doesn't know yet?

Astonishing Member

I miss when Marvel released all their preview for the next week at the same time.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Previews for 'regular' comics should be out in 2 more hours give or take at AIPT.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Previews for 'regular' comics should be out in 2 more hours give or take at AIPT.
    Thanks, wonder why they don't just put them all out at the same time and on their own site though

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

AND Peter thought about doing a genocide for a second with the Jackal back in the 90s.

So, y'know, let's not be hypocrites, Peter

-Pav, who is bummed we don't get a new issue tomorrow...
    I say we just agree to forget Peter's role in Maximum Cloneage and Ben's in Clone Conspiracy.

I'm perfectly happy with the way Beyond hasn't made a thing of Ben's time as the Jackal.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Ha ha

It's not like there's anything irredeemably bad about Joe Wade, it would be kind of cool to see him pop up in a modern context.

The storyline was a mess but only because it was forced on the Spidey creative team by marketing. There was no logical reason for Ben to not take up the mantle at this point as he was believed to be the original Peter and then-clone Peter gave him his blessing.

The idea that Scarlet Spider's reputation got ruined so badly that Ben had to take refuge in Spider-Man's was weird since it's not like Spidey's was ever anything to write home about!