Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    You know what, after thinking it over, I think the thing that annoys me the most is that this will be taken by Beast that he was totally right about Colossus and torturing all Russian mutants. The story seems to agree with him.

And yes I know he ignored/forgot about Magik back when it happened.

I've been super disappointed with the way Wolverine has been characterized by Percy and Duggan throughout this entire relaunch. He feels so......unimportant? Like nothing he's done has really mattered. and even when he's complained about what's going on its always in this pathetic "that's bad but I'm going to follow along anyway" kind of way. Despite appearing in multiple books and stories he hasn't really done anything that really felt like a big deal.
    I think Duggan has thrashed Wolverine to this era like punchbag. Its pathetic. Percy's first couple issues with him down right bad nostalgia(Wolverine killing Jean). Despite all the some decent issues with Maverick, his run feels so unimportant at this point that him saying about working for the Krakoa is all too much ignorant to care. There was no hype whatsoever.

after yesterday's book i made this a foreshadow cover variant for inferno 2.. used x-men gold #30 cover

I was waiting to learn more about this woman. Like where did she come from how did they meet why did Colossus fall for her when he had that thing going on with Domino. Instead they just kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Beast specifically mentioned not wanting to die in the previous issue (or the one before) because he’s afraid they’ll bring back an old backup of him when he was happy and fun. So that tells me they keep multiple copies.
    They don’t keep multiple copies, at least not how you think.. if Xavier wanted to, he could restore whatever memories he chose. That would still come Freon the same backup

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    He ignored Magik cause she woulda murked his ass in an instant. Speaking of how disconnected this book feels, Percy definitely won’t be acknowledging her in this huge storyline about her siblings.
    I love Magik, but Mikhail would probably demolish her. That being said, he's one of those boogeymans of her past who ruined her childhood - essentially ripping out her second chance at one. Personally, I believe she needs to be the one to defeat him and overcome him because him being so much more powerful than her allowed him to use her for his own benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I love Magik, but Mikhail would probably demolish her. That being said, he's one of those boogeymans of her past who ruined her childhood - essentially ripping out her second chance at one. Personally, I believe she needs to be the one to defeat him and overcome him because him being so much more powerful than her allowed him to use her for his own benefit.
    The "he" I was referring to was Hank based on the comment I was responding to! But I can definitely see where the confusion popped up.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    The kid's mom is one of the natives in the Savage land who looks like this. Kayla's skin color is purple.

her name is Neerel and Peter is not aware he is his son.

Incredible Member

The "he" I was referring to was Hank based on the comment I was responding to! But I can definitely see where the confusion popped up.
    In that case, you're right. Magik would end Beast.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I was waiting to learn more about this woman. Like where did she come from how did they meet why did Colossus fall for her when he had that thing going on with Domino. Instead they just kill her.
    He had a thing with Domino?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I think Duggan has thrashed Wolverine to this era like punchbag. Its pathetic. Percy's first couple issues with him down right bad nostalgia(Wolverine killing Jean). Despite all the some decent issues with Maverick, his run feels so unimportant at this point that him saying about working for the Krakoa is all too much ignorant to care. There was no hype whatsoever.
    My 2 cents although Logan is an X-Men poster boy, all the writing is centered on his angst, bad boy image or penchant for solitary brooding.As a result his storylines are static by nature.He is -especially in Krakoa era- surplus to requirements. He is never written like Scott (with leadership in mind) so that his decisions and actions have long term effect on his character that informs his future strategy. Wolverine is very ad-hoc he is written purely as a reactionary force.With all that in mind, don't expect some important great story about him except his Moira adventures, by the end of which I'll bet you he'll be right back where he started.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Has Wolverine’s book ever felt particularly “important” to the X-line, though? Other than during some crossover event that is. I don’t think that’s really its raison d’etre, rather it is to give Logan some breathing room for his solo adventures which may be safely ignored by anyone who is not a fan of the character. Some of my favorite runs of Wolverine both put the character through the ringer (“thrashed him like a punch bag” as you put it) and weren’t really all that important to anything else going on in the X-books at the time. But they were awesome nonetheless… perhaps better because of it IMO.

In particular I think back to the post Fatal Attractions issues from about Wolverine #76-90… damn that was a fun run! Logan with his healing factor burned out, no adamantium (bone claws) against Lady Deathstrike, Bloodscream and Cylla, Cyber, the Hand, the Hunter in Darkness, Maverick, Deadpool and Kane/Weapon X and finally that epic showdown with Creed in the X-mansion in Wolverine #90… good times.

BANNED

Sure if you like Wolverine jobbing against some grizzly bear or get his ass handed to some punk kid. Not to mention, was responsible for the battle of the arakko due to his inevitable Claramento hypocrisy during XoS. Um I am sure it is SO not annoying for Wolveirne when he is written by Duggan that he is not even comparable to Cornell's Wolverine. THESE are good times.

Was just pointing out that I don’t think Logan's book not being important or him getting thrashed is necessarily the problem here. Rather it’s how he’s getting thrashed perhaps, and by who, among other issues you have with it. But it’s all good.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 10-16-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    He had a thing with Domino?
    I think they were together in another X-Force series and that seemed to be rekindling in the early Percy issues. Then Dom died and next time she saw Piotr he was living with Kayla. The sudden shift was why many thought Kayla was going to be his handler.

Astonishing Member

I think they were together in another X-Force series and that seemed to be rekindling in the early Percy issues. Then Dom died and next time she saw Piotr he was living with Kayla. The sudden shift was why many thought Kayla was going to be his handler.
    Which issues of X-Force or approximately what year?